indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have a place up in Northern Arizona. When we go up there, the wife rides in the front, and the dogs in the back. I don’t generally drive around town with dogs, but a lot of people do. We live in a very dog-friendly area (people bring their dogs to Home Depot all the time).
Why would people bring dogs into Home Depot? What is the rationale for that?
Sponsored

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a wife and 2 kids.

Getting a 2dr.

When I was a kid everything it seems was a 2dr and families made it work.

Everything having to have 4drs seems like a transition that happened set in the 90s and stuck and no one can figure out how to do anything without everything being super easy for them.

Nope my kids are going to cram into the back and like it. We'll throw our stuff on the roof and bikes/skis/whatever on the hitch carrier and we'll go have fun.
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
have 14 Lc wife’s car and f250 crew. . Two kids no dogs(for now)This will be our fun car. So 2 doors for us

Davmust

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a wife and 2 kids.

Getting a 2dr.

When I was a kid everything it seems was a 2dr and families made it work.

Everything having to have 4drs seems like a transition that happened set in the 90s and stuck and no one can figure out how to do anything without everything being super easy for them.

Nope my kids are going to cram into the back and like it. We'll throw our stuff on the roof and bikes/skis/whatever on the hitch carrier and we'll go have fun.
Our Kids are gone now! Time to really enjoy life with a 2 door .

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what the OP meant by “unless you have to”, but I can guess it implied that the only folks who buy a 2-door can’t afford a 4-door. I am reminded about my father, who always bought the stripped model of most any car he ever got. It wasn’t that he couldn’t afford the loaded trim, he just didn’t see the need to overpay on a depreciating asset.

Sponsored

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would people bring dogs into Home Depot? What is the rationale for that?
People just love having their dogs with them.
When I had good dogs, I would bring them out with me.
Now, all I have is bad dogs (actually, one is a good dog, but he is blind, so he’s hard to take out in crowded places).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was it ever not a thing? My dogs go on most adventures with me.
It wasn't a thing when I was a kid, at least not like now. Not this "fur baby" stuff. We had a family dog, but no way my dad would have bought a vehicle based on the dog. I mean don't get me wrong, we cared about that dog. But it was a dog. I don't recall ever bringing our dog into a store or in particular restaurant. Or driving around with it other than to a trail for a walk. I guess things have changed.

dabush1980

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So that span from 1985 to 2006 where Broncos were in fact fuel injected didn't happen?
If you find a 2006 Ford Bronco that would be amazing!!!!

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have has 2 with 2 doors. Why ad 2 more this time

20200807_135739.jpg

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what the OP meant by “unless you have to”, but I can guess it implied that the only folks who buy a 2-door can’t afford a 4-door. I am reminded about my father, who always bought the stripped model of most any car he ever got. It wasn’t that he couldn’t afford the loaded trim, he just didn’t see the need to overpay on a depreciating asset.
Because the OP intended this thread to be a parody of another thread but the 2-door purists have no sense if humor.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/why-go-4-door-unless-you-have-to.5555

Sponsored

toannn

First Edition
First Name
Toan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z06 2012 Avalanche 2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Automobiles evolve. To each their own. Jeeps were originally 2 door also.. some people need more room, while some people are fine with the space of a two door. Who cares?!

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm curious. What's up with all these people driving around with dogs? I see many posts about it. Is driving around with dogs a thing these days?
I don’t get it either. I think it’s a curated look for sure.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It wasn't a thing when I was a kid, at least not like now. Not this "fur baby" stuff. We had a family dog, but no way my dad would have bought a vehicle based on the dog. I mean don't get me wrong, we cared about that dog. But it was a dog. I don't recall ever bringing our dog into a store or in particular restaurant. Or driving around with it other than to a trail for a walk. I guess things have changed.
yeah. They have big time. Dogs are awesome, but I don’t care to eat with them or shop with them. Sorry.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have a friend in the passenger seat and we decide to go out with another couple and they don't want to crawl into the back of the 2 door? Guess who isn't the designated driver? This guy.
Sponsored