Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Or a Porsche Panamera isn't a 911 with a front motor.

Haha
I don’t care what anyone else thinks especially your coworker.
That was my point about this post I don’t care what a 2 door guy thinks or a 4 door guy
Sponsored

samanator

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As we get close to Order time I have a reservation for both a 2 door and a 4 door and am not 100% decided. I need to have vehicles that both my wife and I are comfortable driving. A few years ago I bought a Ridgeline LTE AWD which I loved. The thing I like the most was we never had to compromise due to the space it offered including the trunk in the bed. Mine had a roof rack and a hard tonneau cover so it had the max for secured storage and versatility. It was pretty much the max that would fit in my garage, but the 210" length made it very hard for my wife to drive and she almost hit a few things backing up if it did not have the safety systems. We traded it for a car for her which is 195" in lenght (and she loves to drive) which is longer than either option of the Bronco. When we first got married I had a FJ Cruiser which is 184" in length and she was very comfortable with it.

Typical weekend runs with guests could have four people in the vehicle, coolers, two changes of clothes for all, bathing suits, towels, a kayak and paddleboard on the roof, and beach chairs. Having the guests use their car is not an option since many are from outside the country or town. Since many of these runs include off-road in the everglades or other swampy places most cars and in some cases non AWD/4x4 trucks don't work. My wife also frequents places with muddy rutted roads that she can't do in her car with many boxes of things or crates with dogs.

While I think we can get by with the 2 door my fear is there will be too many times when this would be a compromise which has lead to the vehicle leaving the nest. I need this to work out and get it right the first time. I don't feel nostalgic for the original Bronco, and the Bronco from my past was the full-size F150 based one from the 80's-90's. These had space but were a bit smaller than a standard pickup with a short bed. I had 2010 Rubicon Unlimited that size-wise was good. The seat did not allow my wife to depress the clutch (so she could not drive it)and the soft top was far too loud on trips. According to Motor Trend, the 4door Bronco is the same or slightly larger than the Unlimited.

Looks-wise I think the 2 door looks a bit too small and toyish for the Sasquatch package tires, and the 4 door has a bit of a strange transition to the C pillar. Looks are a wash for me, and I'm not picturing a 66 in my head. Since I work from home for years most of my trips include my wife or dogs as a minimum. While shorter is better for my wife, she lives with a longer car every day. Space, removable roof, tow, hauling a kayak and paddleboard to the beach, multi-terrain roads/trails for several hundred miles in a day. As I said I'm not 100%, but I think I will regret not getting the 4 door.

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a 2Dr guy all the way, kids are adults so its only the gf and I. Would i get a 4dr if they were still kids? I doubt it. The look of the 2dr is just awesome imo. I found this video and according to the gentleman that made it (@ the 4:54 mark) Two thirds of the 190k reservations are 4dr's. This actually makes me happy bc seeing a 2dr on the road will be a rare occasion (at least initially)and I think that's awesome lol.

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door all the way. IMO
Looks like the early bronco.
The 4 door looses the look. IMO
why spend 45k today for a early bronco when you can have the look with new, same price now that the early bronco market has been over inflated with restoration flippers you can’t even buy a rust bucket project for under 20k.

understand if you have family and need 4 door but your loosing the look imo

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a 2Dr guy all the way, kids are adults so its only the gf and I. Would i get a 4dr if they were still kids? I doubt it. The look of the 2dr is just awesome imo. I found this video and according to the gentleman that made it (@ the 4:54 mark) Two thirds of the 190k reservations are 4dr's. This actually makes me happy bc seeing a 2dr on the road will be a rare occasion (at least initially)and I think that's awesome lol.
I don't really understand the data behind this video.

He mentions lots of trim level details, as if they are orders. I don't remember picking out details like he specified. He is talking about build and price data?

I would think a bunch of people may pick out Wildtrak's with their $100 refundable deposit, then downgrade when they actually see the price tag and have to actually order.

Sponsored

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't really understand the data behind this video.

He mentions lots of trim level details, as if they are orders. I don't remember picking out details like he specified. He is talking about build and price data?

I would think a bunch of people may pick out Wildtrak's with their $100 refundable deposit, then downgrade when they actually see the price tag and have to actually order.
Lol I agree everyone only reserved a model, I didn't post the video for that info. For all we know he's basing it on the results from the emails that were sent out to potential buyers asking what their plans were for their reservation. I did post it just in reference to this article about 2dr or 4dr orders. The thread is titled "Why go 2dr unless you have to? If he is anywhere close to accurate we will see two 4dr's on the road for every 2dr, a fact that i would enjoy since I am going with a 2dr the fewer on the road the more in aww people will be when they see one.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last week I was on a trail that reviews say "don't take long wheel base vehicles on, this includes 4 door jeeps". Diablos Tail off of Arroyo Seco Del Diablo. It is a short trail that is a dead end, so you need to turn around and come out the way you go in.

I don't want to limit the trails I can do with a long wheelbase. If you need to sleep in the back of your bronco get the 4 door, for everyone else the 2door will be great.

A smaller vehicle like the 2 door will be easier to park where I work. It will be great for daily driving, smaller will be better for off roading.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've never entertained the idea of purchasing the Bronco in more-door. I've also never entertained the idea of buying a classic car with more-doors. Re-sale value is garbage and nobody wants them.

But this is fat-ass-America-2020 and the more-door will sell 10-1, same as the Ranger crew cab selling 10-1 over the Super Cab (we have a Super Cab Ranger via the pre-order process that Bronco is now following).

If there was so much crap to throw in the Bronco that it couldn't fit in the 2-door for a weekend excursion, then you have too much crap. As a child on family road trips you were allowed 1 duffle bag. Fill it with whatever you want. 100% toys and the clothes on your back. Or 100% toiletries and the clothes on your back, whatever floats your boat. Kids only want more stuff because they already have too much stuff. A few Hot Wheels and a duffle bag should be enough to keep a child occupied on a weekend getaway. The point is to get away, not schlep your crap with you everywhere. The 3 of us on a weekend trip in a 911 turbo, what fun! (longest trip was cross country over 2 weeks in the 911, one duffle bag per person, maximum enjoyment was had!)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be the wife's Bronco and she wants four door A51 Sasquatch. If it were mine I would be doing two door Sasquatch Velocity Blue and trimming it in white.

Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never understand why someone cares what other people think they should or should not buy. My money, my choice and I really don't care if you approve or not.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never even considered a 2-dr. 4-dr versatility for me and the family. Not a toy to play around with or feel nostalgic. Bronco would replace the '08 4Runner 4WD as the versatile family hauler, offroader, and tow vehicle, 21g fuel tank vs 17g struck me as important.

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ask the opposite. Why go 4 door unless you have to?

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never entertained the idea of purchasing the Bronco in more-door. I've also never entertained the idea of buying a classic car with more-doors. Re-sale value is garbage and nobody wants them.

But this is fat-ass-America-2020 and the more-door will sell 10-1, same as the Ranger crew cab selling 10-1 over the Super Cab (we have a Super Cab Ranger via the pre-order process that Bronco is now following).

If there was so much crap to throw in the Bronco that it couldn't fit in the 2-door for a weekend excursion, then you have too much crap. As a child on family road trips you were allowed 1 duffle bag. Fill it with whatever you want. 100% toys and the clothes on your back. Or 100% toiletries and the clothes on your back, whatever floats your boat. Kids only want more stuff because they already have too much stuff. A few Hot Wheels and a duffle bag should be enough to keep a child occupied on a weekend getaway. The point is to get away, not schlep your crap with you everywhere. The 3 of us on a weekend trip in a 911 turbo, what fun! (longest trip was cross country over 2 weeks in the 911, one duffle bag per person, maximum enjoyment was had!)
But we're glamping not camping...... ;)
Sponsored