Why go 2-door unless you have to?

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Camero sales are not down because its not "family friendly or lacks storage space" It sucks because its line of sight and visibility is horrible and its super expensive. Also its price point is now so high you might as well by the Corvette.
Also I think there is a lot of demand for a smaller off roader. Hence the excitement around the bronco and the jeeps. I'm just saying look at the original bronco and look at the 5th gen bronco.
Camaro:
It's the same car from 10 years ago made by the same company, but now can you think of any good reason to buy a Camaro over any other similar car? (Rhetorical)
Everyone who wanted one has the new style of Camaro now. It's been on the road since 2010. People have seen 'em all over the road, so they will look to buy something else instead.

Small Trucks:
What excitement has come from a Jeep since FCA bought them? Just kidding, the 392 is cool... ish.

Here's a question. Remember the Jeep Commanche from like 3 or 4 years ago? Where'd that go?

You are correct for the demand of smaller trucks for the following groups:
"people who want an offroad truck and are sick and tired of the same POS that are spit out of the factory year after year"

I'm looking at you Silverado, F-150, Tacoma, Frontier, Colorado, Wrangler.

However, this would not be the case for the average person who is in the market for a new vehicle. The market for small trucks is maybe 10% max, on a good day. You want to know why?
Greed.

Dealerships sell what they want, they don't get money from smaller trucks that people want. They get money from selling you what they think you want.

P.S. - For some ungodly reason, the majority of the population is flocking to CUVs.
Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Camaro:
It's the same car from 10 years ago made by the same company, but now can you think of any good reason to buy a Camaro over any other similar car? (Rhetorical)
Everyone who wanted one has the new style of Camaro now. It's been on the road since 2010. People have seen 'em all over the road, so they will look to buy something else instead.
Camaro is not the same as 10 years ago. The 5th gen camaro went from 2010 to 2015 and outsold the mustang and challenger pretty much every year. 2016 to now is the 6th gen camaro. That’s like saying the 2005 mustang is just like a 2020.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally I actually do agree that the 4-door looks better and I don't think there is much debate that it will handle better in most circumstances. I honestly don't care what badge they put on it - if it is somehow an insult to refer to the 4 door as a 'Bronco' then so-be-it . . . I am getting the 4 door for the convenience, the ride and (IMO) the appearance . . . and I will not feel any shame! Jeep went to the 4 door years ago and I don't hear people saying the the 4-door is not a 'real' jeep (or maybe I just was not listening!) . . . as far as I am concerned I will invest my heaerd-earned money in what I like best and go from there . . . and hey, at one time Bronco did not have AC or an FM radio - does that mean if those features are also added it is no longer a real Bronco??

UncleBud

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Trailboss 1973 bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Base
Real easy choice for me. A 4 door won't fit in my garage lol. (Not that I'd buy one anyways lol)

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think a better question would be Why get a 4 door unless you have to. I'm one of the 2 door purists as well. Ford is selling and marketing these on the Bronco heritage. That heritage covers 5 generations of Broncos, and not a one of them was a four door. Should we also have 4 door Mustangs? 4 door Camaros? Barracuda? Hell, maybe GM should build a 4 door Corvette! ? ? ?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reverse that, the 2dr looks like a Bronco the 4dr looks like a H3......

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The number of 2-door fans that can't recognize this as a copy-pasta of the other thread is hilarious. Also, the wildly defensive nature of the 2-door folks is worrying. I'll wave to ya but I guess only 4-door-dads will wave back. lol
I can't be expected to read all the damn dupe threads! That's asking a lot.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a better question would be Why get a 4 door unless you have to. I'm one of the 2 door purists as well. Ford is selling and marketing these on the Bronco heritage. That heritage covers 5 generations of Broncos, and not a one of them was a four door. Should we also have 4 door Mustangs? 4 door Camaros? Barracuda? Hell, maybe GM should build a 4 door Corvette! ? ? ?
There is a Mustang with 4 doors. It's just about to launch, it's called the Mach-E

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm realizing now that, no matter the topic, people feel the need to feel superior to others, even if for trivial reasons.

This whole thread is begging to be closed down.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously 7 pages on this? If you prefer the 2 door, get the 2 door. If you prefer the 4 door, get the 4 door. You don't have to justify your choice to anyone, just get what you want. This debate makes about as much sense as arguing why would you get a Rapid Red Bronco when Iconic Silver is available.

Without the volume generated by the 2 door AND the 4 door, Ford probably can't justify launching a new Bronco.
Sponsored