First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”
I read this and feel like you literally have it backwards. This makes more sense to me:

"If I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. It’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more capable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Seriously, this makes sooooo much more sense reading it this way.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”
I read this and feel like you literally have it backwards. This makes more sense to me:

"If I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. It’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more capable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Camaro is not the same as 10 years ago. The 5th gen camaro went from 2010 to 2015 and outsold the mustang and challenger pretty much every year. 2016 to now is the 6th gen camaro. That’s like saying the 2005 mustang is just like a 2020.
..And for a few years now the Mustang has been the best selling sports car in the world..

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two of us, don't need 4 doors. If I had kids at home it would be the 4 door. That is what's so cool about the site and the different builds. We each are building what suits our wants and needs.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

getting a 4 door and calling it a 'Bronco' is as nonsensical as buying a 4 door sedan and calling it a 'Charger'. Everyone knows it isn't real unless two doors, just a badge job, but people buy them and pretend. Pretend real hard.
That's obviously said just to piss people off. I guess a jeep wrangler unlimited is not a jeep. This forum has some good topics and smart people, you obviously are not the latter. But hey, it's a free country and you can think what you want. But moronic statements made to just anger people are pointless and don't help.

Deleted member 13702

Those 4-dr buyers can try and justify what they are buying is a Bronco, but everyone knows a Bronco has 2-drs. Those of us driving our 2-dr will look at 4-dr buyers with a smirk. We all know the imposter. But we won't shun those who opt for the lifted Flex. They are all part of the family. Every family has that crazy Uncle whom is still loved and welcomed, it is just that no one wants to be seen with him.
Man the stupid just continues. But hey, least there's enough of you to start a two door forum where you can make baseless claims and moronic statements together.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos!?

I reserved one of those 3-Doors. The 5-Door looks nice, too...

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I was 5 years old before car seat laws, I would crawl into the back area of my "new dad's" Stingray after my mom remarried. I thought it was the coolest thing. Now that may be extreme and yeah, looking back, inappropriate, but this notion that a 2 door cannot be a family vehicle is another nickel in the bucket of things that are making us soft.
I used to crawl into the back section of the 70's VW beetle when I was little. Rode in the back of my dad's '85 Mazda RX-7 as a teen. I agree that both were probably not the safest things to do, but I would not trade those times for anything. I am going 4 door on my Bronco. I like lots of space and after seeing the Bronco Nation videos, I think the 4 door will be just fine for my off road needs.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.

Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey...everyone should get what they want but........A Real Bronco has 2 doors enjoy your four-door mall cruiser

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
I feel the exact opposite. There’s absolutely no way I would buy a 4 door. If someone gave me one, I would sell it to the highest bidder.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a lot of posts on this thread and not one of you got it right!

If you have kids, you HAVE to buy the 2-door. Do you really want the little beasts to go with you? Hell NO! You get the 2-door and save $$$ for the babysitter. You and your sig-other go out and enjoy the trip.

If you don't have kids, you HAVE to by the 4-door. It's far more spacious so you can pack whatever you want! It looks better with the top and doors off. Not to mention it's going to ride nicer, have a higher resale value and desirability, etc etc.

Whatever you do, have fun!

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
This atrocity is what I think of the new 4dr. Don't get me wrong sleeping in the back is cool as hell but man it just doesn't look right!

Screenshot_20201130-121223_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored