First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a dad with 2 kiddos and a wife - My wife has the 7 passenger SUV - I have a 1998 Silverado 3dr.

I'm getting my 2 Door Don't need a family hauler cause I have one.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This atrocity is what I think of the new 4dr. Don't get me wrong sleeping in the back is cool as hell but man it just doesn't look right!

Screenshot_20201130-121223_Facebook.jpg
I would roll this anytime! Nice! I think the 2D looks great, but the 4D is practical to my family.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Comes with hard top
2. cheaper
3. I legit don’t give a crap about the comfort of my passengers. If they don’t like it, they can drive
4. 2door is ALWAYS cooler than a four door. That’s why 2 doors are always much more collectible than 4 door cars. If dude car is the same as Dad car than yeah it’s 100% that. It looks like a reimagined Flex. I’m sure this will cause some angry responses, but really...put those two side by side and tell me you don’t see it. For the 5k or so for the 4dr and hardtop, you could get the squatch package.
5. the extra space isn’t worth the extra cost. It’s much more cost effective to get a hitch and attach a carrier in back for when you need it. ($100 or $300 for a harbor freight trailer)
6. 2 door has the go anyway do anything vibe of the original.

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This atrocity is what I think of the new 4dr. Don't get me wrong sleeping in the back is cool as hell but man it just doesn't look right!

Screenshot_20201130-121223_Facebook.jpg
That’s an abomination! Also.....hammock across the top..just saying

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Comes with hard top
2. cheaper
3. I legit don’t give a crap about the comfort of my passengers. If they don’t like it, they can drive
4. 2door is ALWAYS cooler than a four door. That’s why 2 doors are always much more collectible than 4 door cars. If dude car is the same as Dad car than yeah it’s 100% that. It looks like a reimagined Flex. I’m sure this will cause some angry responses, but really...put those two side by side and tell me you don’t see it. For the 5k or so for the 4dr and hardtop, you could get the squatch package.
5. the extra space isn’t worth the extra cost. It’s much more cost effective to get a hitch and attach a carrier in back for when you need it. ($100 or $300 for a harbor freight trailer)
6. 2 door has the go anyway do anything vibe of the original.
You must be fun at parties.

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer a 2 door. Why would I want a school bus? It’s easier to park. Easier to turn around on a tight trail. Plus I prefer the look to stay as close to the original Bronco as well.

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey...everyone should get what they want but........A Real Bronco has 2 doors enjoy your four-door mall cruiser

Interesting....seems the 4 door version is better off road than the 2 door version. Maybe the 2 door should be relegated to mall crawling.....

The 2 door struggles in more areas than the 4 door in these videos. Granted, both versions are very capable vehicles and no Bronco owner should be left stranded. I'd be happy with either in my garage.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I prefer a 2 door. Why would I want a school bus? It’s easier to park. Easier to turn around on a tight trail. Plus I prefer the look to stay as close to the original Bronco as well.
I used to drive a supercrew F250 and park at UF (which has notoriously tiny spots). If you think a Bronco is a "bus" please never drive a truck.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 2-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have lots of cars because we live in a sprawling city on a large lot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 2-door. I’d be 4-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more stable on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a camping trip with my girl and my dog. We can go wherever we want and take gear for any outdoor activity.”

Then I’d crank up some classic metal and tear ass out of there at 80 mph, with tube doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
I feel the same way... except opposite.

I've always hated four door vehicles. To me they scream something different than what you hear them screaming. I hear them screaming "compromise." They never look as good as the two door variant. And in terms of off-roading, bigger (in terms of wheelbase) is only better for certain things, and usually worse for many others.

The Bronco, in my opinion, looks tremendously better as a two-door vehicle and probably performs better, too. Yet I'm forced to consider the C-word (that's "compromise," again) because my other two vehicles, including my Jeep and sports car, have only two doors, and my wife has about had it.

I have two kids, too.

We'll see if I win out on keeping it a two door, or if I have accept the compromise.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started off with a 4 door reservation but am now going 2dr Basemansquatch mostly because the base 4 door doesn’t come in manual, but also because it’s more reminiscent of early Broncos and cheaper. It’s my 3rd car, wife and no kids. Couple of dogs. It will be my topless beach surf fishing rig. I may even take the rear seats out and do a goose gear floor or similar.

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting....seems the 4 door version is better off road than the 2 door version. Maybe the 2 door should be relegated to mall crawling.....

The 2 door struggles in more areas than the 4 door in these videos. Granted, both versions are very capable vehicles and no Bronco owner should be left stranded. I'd be happy with either in my garage.

Are these bothe squatched? Not used to seeing this wheel on the sasquatched varieties...

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, the longer wheelbase helps on steep climbs. Live out west? Is Moab one of your haunts? Then yeah, the 4-door might just help you more often than not... until you have a tight corner to navigate. Then you'll curse it.

Here on the east coast we're winding our way through forests and around the occasional boulder. You don't want a long wheelbase for that.

This is a basic wheeling tradeoff. There are advantages to both, but in my experience, a two-door Jeep tends to better overall than four door Jeeps. There are just too many advantages to keeping the wheelbase short for everything except extremely steep climbs.
Sponsored