Why go 2-door unless you have to?

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If and when i ever get my bronco 2dr and im at a light and a 4df pulls up next to me i wont be thinking that thing is goofy i will just think they must have had different needs /wants thats cool and give them the secret bronco wave.?
This is something new. There's a secret Bronco wave? When were you planning on telling us about it?
Sponsored

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have legitimate reasons for considering a 4-door over a 2-door, or vice versa. And I can guarantee it has NOTHING to do with what a complete stranger might think of me at red light. And if that is something that is important to you (the reassurance of total strangers) then your life must be an endless cycle of unfulfilled poeple-pleasing.

That said: designwise, there no doubt the 2-door Sasquatch is the better-looking Bronco
Absolutely.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't "have to go 2-door". It's that "I want to".

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if we’re comparing sports cars to SUV’s for whatever odd reason...

Imagine a 4 door BMW M5 or Dodge Charger. Exactly.
The point was that we are not comparing 2 and 4 doors. If you want a 2 door, the question

Why go two door if you don't have to?

The question was why get a 2-door if you don't have to? There was no comparison. The point was that you get one because 2-doors exist and their ontological certainty is the only reason one needs. So don't be a Richard or a Karen.

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Three words...

Just look at it.

Well, that‘s 4.

Phins672

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Such an original thought. I often wonder if people who repeat this statement (and "mall crawler" on the jeep side) would have ever come to that label on their own if the internet didn't exist.
Does this make you upset?

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does this make you upset?
I don't know if "upset" is the right word. "Disappointed" I guess (man I sound like I'm talking to my daughter lol).

I guess it's just disappointing to me when I see people, usually grown adults, so easily latch onto these phrases and stuff they see online. Like... whatever happened to thinking for yourself and being open and accepting? Just a bummer to see so many people willing to just go along with whatever dumb/silly/catchy thing the internet has told them is true. I know Broncos were originally 2 doors, but guess what - it's not 1965 anymore, thank goodness. We've come a long way. Vehicles have evolved, for the better, in numerous ways.

And in this particular issue (2-door/4-door) it fits into the bigger problem that I've been posting to this community about: Don't divide yourself. Don't end up like jeep. I have local jeep clubs who literally won't let you join if you own a 4-door, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a 4-door's abilities on the trail (because it can do everything a 2-door can do); it's entirely based on moronic, archaic, inane "mall crawler" finger pointing.

It's just sad seeing the bronco community already going that direction, seemingly (I'm told this is the largest online bronco forum, I may be wrong). To many people typing stuff like "mall crawler" and "grocery getter," they probably just mean it in good fun, but I guarantee you - lots of people do seriously mean it. Lots of people do really believe that these 4-door broncos won't be "real" broncos, and that's so discouraging from my perspective. You may even be one of those people. And all you're doing is dividing your community, and that's going to have an effect in the future.

Sorry for the long response. It's just a vehicle at the end of the day. Yea, it's just a stupid thread probably started by a troll, but that's kind of my point: these "stupid" threads started by trolls have certainly bled into the real world, at least on the jeep side of things. Just my feelings on the matter.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still getting a four door. :D The two door doesn’t even have AC vents on the floor in back. Always nice to have that for your back seat passengers in the middle of the Summer in the south where it feels like you live on the surface of the Sun.

Other factors for getting the four door:
-More cargo room
-Bigger gas tank
-Pull put tray
-Soft top
-On board door storage
-Ability to sleep in it
-Easier for back seaters to get in and out of

“Four more doors. Four more doors. Four more doors.”

-Some guy in the White House
Yeah but I'm waiting for all the future complaints about 4-door soft top noise and leaks and related issues. And mark my words - those complaints are coming, lol. Especially since I venture a larger percentage of 4-door owners are buying and expecting a more road vehicle like experience.

Phins672

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know if "upset" is the right word. "Disappointed" I guess (man I sound like I'm talking to my daughter lol).

I guess it's just disappointing to me when I see people, usually grown adults, so easily latch onto these phrases and stuff they see online. Like... whatever happened to thinking for yourself and being open and accepting? Just a bummer to see so many people willing to just go along with whatever dumb/silly/catchy thing the internet has told them is true. I know Broncos were originally 2 doors, but guess what - it's not 1965 anymore, thank goodness. We've come a long way. Vehicles have evolved, for the better, in numerous ways.

And in this particular issue (2-door/4-door) it fits into the bigger problem that I've been posting to this community about: Don't divide yourself. Don't end up like jeep. I have local jeep clubs who literally won't let you join if you own a 4-door, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a 4-door's abilities on the trail (because it can do everything a 2-door can do); it's entirely based on moronic, archaic, inane "mall crawler" finger pointing.

It's just sad seeing the bronco community already going that direction, seemingly (I'm told this is the largest online bronco forum, I may be wrong). To many people typing stuff like "mall crawler" and "grocery getter," they probably just mean it in good fun, but I guarantee you - lots of people do seriously mean it. Lots of people do really believe that these 4-door broncos won't be "real" broncos, and that's so discouraging from my perspective. You may even be one of those people. And all you're doing is dividing your community, and that's going to have an effect in the future.

Sorry for the long response. It's just a vehicle at the end of the day. Yea, it's just a stupid thread probably started by a troll, but that's kind of my point: these "stupid" threads started by trolls have certainly bled into the real world, at least on the jeep side of things. Just my feelings on the matter.
Apparently you're very passionate about the four-door model; and the stigma of calling it a "grocery-getter upsets you. However, this was all in good fun; so don't take it too seriously. Several friends of mine have reserved the four-door and there is a lot of banter going on among us. They've already compared the two-door model to that of a Smart car. I've been driving various Bronco models for the past 30 years so I am keeping it traditional - furthermore, I like the looks of the two-door.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
getting a 4 door and calling it a 'Bronco' is as nonsensical as buying a 4 door sedan and calling it a 'Charger'. Everyone knows it isn't real unless two doors, just a badge job, but people buy them and pretend. Pretend real hard.
Just like everyone knows there’s no point in getting an off road vehicle that’s an automatic yet people buy them and pretend.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm NOT a family man, no plans on the ring just yet either, and even if in a few years I'm married with Kids, Dad need his Bronco anyway.

There's family vehicles, and then Dad's car/Offroader
Sponsored