Why go 4-door unless you have to?

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.
I have a 20 month old and will have another in the next year or two. My heart wants a two door cyber orange, my head wants a four door cactus gray.

Advertisement

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Clubs

So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where I’m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. I’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.”

Then I’d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
The ability to safely store bicycles inside.
The ability to carry more camera gear, shooting range gear, or extra gear for whatever your passion may be.
More tools, more friends, and more road stability.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

Four door is muuuch cooler-three women inside, not one. The dog can walk. :cool:

I hear ya, and understand, but I'm past that now. Lot less drama just to get the 2dr and stick to giving the dog a ride.

The 2dr will carry more than the motorcycles and the truck will carry more than the 4dr, so for me the 2dr with rear seat delete is perfect. I don't plan on giving anyone a ride except my dog. Young folks got to have goals, and I'm just helpin them out. Want to ride in a Bronco, go get one.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

They are making a Bronco with 4 doors?! Strange just thought it came with two bad ass doors...😆
Double the doors double the fun. Also 4 bad ass doors can store in back. Now how can you get more bad ass than that. Lol

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The 4 door is just far more practical - more room, easier to get in and out of, etc.

The 2 door does look good, but was never in the running for me.

Lakelife36

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze
Clubs

I had a 4 year old and a 1 year old in my Isuzu. Having 2 doors was just fine. Once they can buckle and unbuckle themselves, it’s a breeze.
Absolutley it is, but I'd be worried about the five years before that. You just said "Isuzu" so there's a good chance that car seats for the littles were not the same then as they are now. Thank dog we can take the roof off - you'd definitely want it roofless when installing those seats in a two door.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where I’m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. I’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.”

Then I’d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
I originally was going 4dr...fiance said with 3 kids that the 4dr was needed, especially if we used it as a road trip vehicle...

Switched to a 2dr after deciding that I just love the way the 2dr looks as well as -
-Base 2dr is the deal of deals
-2dr comes standard with the hard top
-I have 7 vehicles and access to 5 times that number, am I really going to road trip on 37"s with 3 kids when I can just take a minivan, an SUV, or our 7'er BMW (which is the best road tripping car you can possibly imagine!)
-Did I mention how good the 2dr looks?

So I sat the future wife down, told her I was getting a 2dr because it was a deal that just couldn't be walked away from (besides, we have a 4dr wrangler if we need to go to the beach with all the kids)...she understood....
I have switched my mind 10 times but every time I price everything out, I just come back to the 2dr Base...

Four door is muuuch cooler-three women inside, not one. The dog can walk. :cool:
Ehh, if your worried about that just get a Hummer... You can put 13 females in one of those (ask me how I know)

anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.
I am, go with what you love...the 2dr... You can always figure the rest of it out down the road....

Even when I have Kids, I'd get a 2dr.

Dad needs his car that the kids will kill each other over trying to Joyride it as Teens
This!!!!!!

I give the my 5 year old a ride to school every morning in our Mustang. She is pretty lanky and gets in an out of the back just fine. Want to go 2 door because I am cheep, boss wants a 4 door and I may just go that way so we can road trip in the rig.
I went 2dr because I'm cheap as well....My boss was understanding from the switch from the 2dr to the 4dr....

Andrew Bynum

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
This reminds me of those tv shows where a couple is buying a beach house and they’re always like, ‘Well, you know the modest two-bedroom with a killer view of the ocean is rad but we’re going with the house several miles inland because we definitely need like 4 bedrooms for our guests that one week each year.’

My wife and even my in-laws were telling me I need a 4-door for kids down the road, but then I convinced my wife simply by showing her a photo of the 2-door Sasquatch. I didn’t even have to say anything, she was just like ‘Okay, yeah, the 2-door.’

Advertisement

Advertisement