OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The better question may be, why live in a city if thatā€™s your quality of life?
Itā€™s a trade off that weā€™re willing to make. Before the virus hit, I was 15-20 min, boots on the ground in my own neighborhood to boots on the ground in Times Square. We are here for work, having left the Rust Belt for decent jobs in the big city. If my very immediate neighborhood was good enough for Eli Manning (yes, the QB) and the governor of my state then itā€™s good enough for me. And itā€™s actually getting even better. Just need this darned virus to get lost.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly I love both of them. I think Iā€™m going with the four door because Iā€™m getting two. One for my daughter who wants the four door. Iā€™m planning on getting her the modular hard top and my the soft top. That way for the next three years until she leaves for college we can share tops.
You should get her the Badlands and you the base. That way when she, or more likely her boyfriend, rolls it you cans swap all the suspension goodies to yours.

Why on earth would you buy your teenager a brand new car?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.
I also have a 2 yr old and am going with the 2 dr.

Black Diamond

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going 4dr to keep my work allowance.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I originally selected the 2 door Base simply because its such a great value at around $4700 cheaper than the 4 door Base its very tempting. Having said that, the practicality of the 4-door is very appealing, escpeically considering I have 3 young kids. I just dont think its worth a $4700 premium.
Dad of the year?

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overlanding.

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have 3 kids, a 15 year old step daughter, a 5 and a 4 year old so a 2 door won't work for the family car we need.

I already have a two door, two seater, an 02 Miata that I've had for more than 10 years now. I pulled it out of mothball when my 5 year old started kindergarten and I only have to take my youngest to day care. It's freaking great! She waves at everyone when the top is down, we put on fun music when I'm not listening to podcasts and generally we both have a good time. Plus a Mazda Miata with a car seat in it is just...hilarious.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is my two cents on why you should buy a two-door Bronco if you are sitting on the fence. If you buy a four-door bronco youā€™re always going to be wondering what it wouldā€™ve been like owning a two door, but itā€™s very unlikely you will trade in the four-door for a 2 door Bronco at that point. However if you buy a two-door bronco you can try it out and if it doesnā€™t work for your particular lifestyle you can always trade in the highly desirable 2 door and purchase a four-door. Based on the experience I had buying my first year 1993 Grand Cherokee, when I needed to trade it in nine months later I literally had dealerships outbidding each other by a couple thousand dollars to get it because the public demand for the Grand Cherokee was out pacing production! You already make too many compromises in life, donā€™t make one when it comes to buying an iconic Ford Bronco! And one more thing, any of us who are middle-aged most likely grew up as kids hopping in and out of the back of a 2 door and loved it.
Yea, but can you? I am starting to think 4 door might be my better choice.

Sponsored
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yea, but can you? I am starting to think 4 door might be my better choice.
I have a reservation for a 2-door First Edition Bronco ?. A 4-door never came into question for me cause it would be like having a 4-door Vette ?. But everyone must decide for themselves what fits their lifestyle best.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.
I have a 4 year old I bring to school every day in a 1986 Bronco. It is not an issue. it'll be even less of an issue once he can buckle hisself in, right now I just have to lean back there to buckle the seat. The harder issue is putting the seat in, only because there is zero way to install a child seat into a 1986 bronco....I have a tie down strap going around the rear seat to hold the child seat in place.

texex

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going 2 door all the way. I think it looks way cooler and even my 4 year old thinks so. He'll be fine climbing into the back and buckling himself up. I live in the city and a 2 door fits into spaces better. If we need to go anywhere far (other than the beach) we'll take my wife's X5.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? Iā€™m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where Iā€™m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, thereā€™s no way Iā€™d get a 4-door. Iā€™d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, itā€™s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams ā€œthis is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.ā€

Then Iā€™d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
Why do you like brown and I like blue? Why do I like blondes and you like brunettes? Everyone has an opinion and its correct to them. Some people like the 4 door looks better, others the 2 door. Does it matter? You enjoy yours, ill enjoy mine.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Four door is muuuch cooler-three women inside, not one. The dog can walk. :cool:
Yeah, but that's a fantasy that exists only in a guy's head. Unless the guy is gay, rare is the time when three women are hopping in with him! ?
Sponsored