First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Explorer, mustang,broncoii
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door because I’m old and think Broncos should only have 2doors. But seriously I raised two very active kids who played sports and we always used my broncoii to run them around between baseball, softball swimming, and wrestling even after buying a 4door explorer for the wife.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No doors. I am getting a Vespa. The thread is silly. Don’t you guys have anything better to do than go back and forth and debate 2 vs. 4 doors? You are not going to convince anyone except yourself about what you like or need.

Last edited:

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where I’m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. I’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.”

Then I’d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
I like the look of the four for much better. Never liked Jeeps until they had a four door.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting the 2 door. It will fit nose to tail with my corvette in my garage. I know I told my wife that I would sell the corvette when I get a Bronco, but....

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like old CJs and first gen Bronco 2 doors but newer wrangler 2 doors and new Bronco 2 door look too “stubby” for me. I really need to see one in person. I don’t need the 4 door, but it has more space which is always good, can store the doors and I like the look better.

Sponsored

RogueLobo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door, sticking with the heritage of the Bronco. That said, I have an F150 SuperCrew for those family and hauling trips...

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where I’m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. I’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.”

Then I’d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
The better question may be, why live in a city if that’s your quality of life?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Absolutley it is, but I'd be worried about the five years before that. You just said "Isuzu" so there's a good chance that car seats for the littles were not the same then as they are now. Thank dog we can take the roof off - you'd definitely want it roofless when installing those seats in a two door.
It really wasn’t that bad. The worst was the infant/baby carrier, but they aren’t in those very long. Buckling them into toddler seats and up is a breeze and getting to the rear is not hard. No need to have the roof off. LOL. I did say Isuzu, but that’s my current ride. This was not that long ago. Littlest one is 8 now.

I think everyone’s mental picture of getting into the rear seat of a 2DR is from a Civic or Mustang. Modern SUVs have much taller cabins. You can stand in the back (hunched over of course).

If you want maximum convenance for small children, get a minivan. It’s perfect for infants carriers and buckling in toddlers.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 4 door looks better, is more utilitarian and will fit my personal needs better. Was a no brainier for me honestly

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I have owned 2 2dr Wranglers, followed by 2 4dr Wranglers while I was single, I enjoyed the 4dr versions MUCH more!

1) Putting friends and stuff in and out of the backseat in a 2 dr is a pain in the ass! If you're a hermit and will always be solo, just take out the back seats. Can't emphasize enough how much more convenient the extra doors are when friends are involved.

2) The ride quality in a 4dr is noticeably better than the 2dr. If you're going to venture onto pavement or the occasional highway, you will see what I mean.

3) Do you ski or mountain bike? I do! Mountain bikes and skis fit comfortably in the back of 4-doors, but you'll go insane transporting that stuff in a 2_door! I've slept in the back of my 4-doors.

4) Think you'll ever want to move big stuff in your vehicle? Well, you can fit much bigger things inside a 4-door. This is the Utility in SUV.

5) Do you like road trips? Me too! Being able to actually fit your friends, family AND their stuff can make or break a trip. Nothing worse than jamming too much stuff in a 2-door.

6) DON'T MAKE YOUR DECISION BASED ON WHAT LOOKS COOL

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My son bought a 2d Jeep right before he got married. He didn’t consult me first (lol). I told him it was only a matter of time till he traded it. He didn’t consult me when he traded it for a four door either. I’m personally starring down the barrel of an empty nest. There’s just so much crap that goes along with a trip. I like more room.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Proportion wise the two looks great and same goes for the two door Wrangler. But most people will make the argument for more practicality. But the four doors winning feature is being able to fit the doors in the back. I plan on try fit the doors of my two door inside, maybe with the back seats down.

But I agree if you don't need more space or can afford or have the space for another vehicle just get the two door.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while I do like the 2 door I will be going 4 door. My reasons are larger back storage area, easier access to the back seat, the longer wheelbase for better towing feel (not that I am buying for towing), and general stability of a longer wheelbase.

We have a 6 almost 7yr old that loves to ride in the mustang so 2 door is not a deal breaker just the 4 door is more practical.
Sponsored