Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i like the way the 2 door looks a lot more than the 4 door, plus when i look at my CRV it looks so large and excessive for just me. and it's just me, 90% of the time. the space i have now just means more space for junk to accumulate.
the cargo limitations of the 2 door just means i will pack lighter for camping trips :)
Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No doors. I am getting a Vespa. The thread is silly. Donā€™t you guys have anything better to do than go back and forth and debate 2 vs. 4 doors? You are not going to convince anyone except yourself about you like or need.
it's not about convincing others to agree with you, it's just about having a conversation. socializing :)

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have owned 2 2dr Wranglers, followed by 2 4dr Wranglers while I was single, I enjoyed the 4dr versions MUCH more!

1) Putting friends and stuff in and out of the backseat in a 2 dr is a pain in the ass! If you're a hermit and will always be solo, just take out the back seats. Can't emphasize enough how much more convenient the extra doors are when friends are involved.

2) The ride quality in a 4dr is noticeably better than the 2dr. If you're going to venture onto pavement or the occasional highway, you will see what I mean.

3) Do you ski or mountain bike? I do! Mountain bikes and skis fit comfortably in the back of 4-doors, but you'll go insane transporting that stuff in a 2_door! I've slept in the back of my 4-doors.

4) Think you'll ever want to move big stuff in your vehicle? Well, you can fit much bigger things inside a 4-door. This is the Utility in SUV.

5) Do you like road trips? Me too! Being able to actually fit your friends, family AND their stuff can make or break a trip. Nothing worse than jamming too much stuff in a 2-door.

6) DON'T MAKE YOUR DECISION BASED ON WHAT LOOKS COOL
Itā€™s just me in my car 95% of the time. On the 405 in traffic.

Iā€™m not buying the Bronco for my friendsā€™ convenience during that other 5% of the time.

But solid points on sleeping, ride, and carrying around large items. Although those are probably within the 5% use mentioned above.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4dr from the the start. I like the extra space and think itā€™s a PITA to let people into the back seat in 2drs. Plus I have custody of my 2yo and 1yo granddaughters, so two car seats are a must.

Plus need room for camping, shooting, and Costco runs.

I like that you can store the doors in the back, but how many people are really going to take the doors off when they leave the house, get to the office and then put the doors back on. I see lots of people driving convertibles with the top up all the time, and I live in San Diego, we donā€™t have weather here. Lol

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? Iā€™m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where Iā€™m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, thereā€™s no way Iā€™d get a 4-door. Iā€™d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, itā€™s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams ā€œthis is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.ā€

Then Iā€™d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
love to do what you mention too. little Steely Dan, Van Halen, or Journey...would love it. But we do have kids. We're married with children. I'm with you, but reality has to set in with me. my wife will never let me get a 2 door or a MT. at least we're not getting a minivan!

Sponsored

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already have two 4-door cars for airport duty. All of them are capable off road for camping and such. Bronco will be 2D for a number of reasons, mainly that itā€™s the way theyā€™ve always been. Oh, and I donā€™t get a b-pillar in the face when I want to check over my shoulder.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? Iā€™m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where Iā€™m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, thereā€™s no way Iā€™d get a 4-door. Iā€™d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, itā€™s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams ā€œthis is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.ā€

Then Iā€™d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
Totally agree, we have two other daily drivers and a YJ in the garage. My FiST will move to the driveway and be shared by me and the teenager for daily duties and the 2 DOOR Bro (Lifelong Chiefs fan living in Denver, it's hard to say Bronco and not puke a little in my mouth) will take it's spot.
My YJ is an eyesore, I'll keep it in the garage so as not to rile up the neighbors.

The 4 door is an absolute no go. Both the 4 door Broncos and Wranglers look way out of proportion.

Also, I don't know how you people survive where you "can only have one car."

This must be how we've gotten to the "do everything" vehicle. They're like all season tires, they'll do everything, but none of it well.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I started out saying 2 door then when I learned the doors didn't fit in the back I made the swap to the 4 door. Personally I think the 2 door looks a little better with top on top off I like the 4 door better. At the end of the day I am not buying it to look at but to drive and the 4 door just has more room back in the day I would have told you the 4 door truck looked stupid now I wouldn't buy anything less. The good book says with age comes wisdom.

Exact same for me. Instantly wanted the 2 door because I initially thought it looked better, but the more I look at the 4 door and consider the extra room and bigger gas tank, I'm leaning towards the 4 door. I'm on the fence about so many options. Honestly, the only things I've decided on are the anti matter blue, 4 door, v6, high package. When the B&P becomes available, I'll make my decision on seats, tops, etc. Still debating the squatch package as well.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.
I have a 5 y/o here will be 6 by the time it gets here. She can climb over the seats! She does this now in the X3 so no worries if she does in the Bronco. Now the jogging stroller will be pitched by then otherwise it would be on the folded down seat!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the longer wheel base will give a better ride quality.
4 door has larger fuel tank
4 door has enough room that you could lay down and sleep in
4 door is less twitchy with a longer wheel base compared to 2 door
4 door you can actually carry stuff
All this & easier to pack people & things in & out.
My 81 CJ5 was 2 people, 2 packs & a cooler & that was about it
My 76 Bronco was a little better.
My 93 4-Door XJ w/ roof rack was great never had a want for more space & rode better than the previous 2 due to longer wheel base & performed better off road as well.

I love the look of the 2-door for nostalgia, but the 4-door is better all around. My wife said so, & I actually agree ;)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Proportion wise the two looks great and same goes for the two door Wrangler. But most people will make the argument for more practicality. But the four doors winning feature is being able to fit the doors in the back. I plan on try fit the doors of my two door inside, maybe with the back seats down.

But I agree if you don't need more space or can afford or have the space for another vehicle just get the two door.
What's the actual benifit of carrying the doors with you without a top? For the 4 dr soft tops I get it. But for a 2 dr hardtop it seems pointless to carry the doors.

I foresee my most used configuration to be doors on windows down, clamshell off, front top sections on. Like a hard bikini topped half door jeep, if caught in a storm windows can go up sealing most of the cab if I keep her moving.

ET1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because it looks better and I want the extra space and I donā€™t need it to fit into tight spaces. Oh you donā€™t think it looks better??? Itā€™s almost like itā€™s subjective.... thatā€™s weird.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the actual benifit of carrying the doors with you without a top? For the 4 dr soft tops I get it. But for a 2 dr hardtop it seems pointless to carry the doors.

I foresee my most used configuration to be doors on windows down, clamshell off, front top sections on. Like a hard bikini topped half door jeep, if caught in a storm windows can go up sealing most of the cab if I keep her moving.
I was just stating in which one would have the ability to do so. For me Iā€™ll probably have the section over the front seats off most of the time. And on weekend drives with nice weather take it all off.

I could see in case youā€™re get caught in the rain, being able to put everything back on would be nice. Thatā€™s why I hope Ford or some aftermarket company offers a soft top accessory for the two door. But get what youā€™re saying most people would have the top off doors on.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was just stating in which one would have the ability to do so. For me Iā€™ll probably have the section over the front seats off most of the time. And on weekend drives with nice weather take it all off.

I could see in case youā€™re get caught in the rain, being able to put everything back on would be nice. Thatā€™s why I hope Ford or some aftermarket company offers a soft top accessory for the two door. But get what youā€™re saying most people would have the top off doors on.
I'm as pale as cactus grey, sunburn is a real thing for me. Hence the top reversal.

I have a feeling aftermarket soft tops will be available soon. Hell Bestop is less than 20 miles from me. I should stop in and ask some day.
Sponsored