Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

Jtorral

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Bronco
Badlands
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I just watched the qa section of the video.

Sas gets you 1.5" over the base. 10mm over badlands. This is a no Brainer for me. Going BL without the sas. And, I do like the base wheels. I just need to decide on 2.3 or 2.7. Also, just did build process again and 4.7 on 10spd is available no upcharge.

Here is my jk with 2 inch lift and 33's which to me looks fine.

20181023_091705.jpg

20180509_125121.jpg
Advertisement

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Bronco
Badlands
This is correct, mostly.
Remember that a IFS doesn’t have a front axle. So the only parts that don’t rise with a suspension lift on a IFS are the lower sections of the lower control arms and the rear axle.
You gain ground clearance all over the the vehicle including all of the components under the vehicle. You also improve the approach and departure angles and the water fording ability.
Were saying the same thing, whatever is the lowest part of the vehicle remains.

Chief1301

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

1) Auto Sway bar disconnect
2) Much better interior
3) Better looking grill (matte gray v shiny black)
4) Factory soft top available...if so inclined.
5.) Plastic bumpers on Wildtrak
6.) MGV not available on Wildtrak
7.) Washout rubber floor not available on Wildtrak

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Bronco
Black Diamond
A5C829A1-A061-4029-BB59-1636F054F1BD.jpeg
Someone did measure.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

A5C829A1-A061-4029-BB59-1636F054F1BD.jpeg
Someone did measure.
So does that mean BadSquatch has some form of lift over just a stock Badlands? Like 0.4”? Truth be told I’m 99.9% getting a BadSquatch, just curious what this is going to look like. The .4” would match the 10mm they referenced in the video. Interesting.

Jtorral

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Bronco
Badlands
Vehicle Showcase
To digress .... will the 2.3 BL with manual suffice? I'm down for no sas at this point and the money saved can go towards winch.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Black Diamond
So does that mean BadSquatch has some form of lift over just a stock Badlands? Like 0.4”? Truth be told I’m 99.9% getting a BadSquatch, just curious what this is going to look like. The .4” would match the 10mm they referenced in the video. Interesting.
I think it means the tires are a big part of the “look”, there isnt that much lift going on between base and Sasquatch. Roof height takes in both tires and lift and Sas is only a tad over 2” higher. These are crude measurements but a tape measure isnt hard to use. So unless one or more of these rigs are still using prototype suspension, these are very close numbers.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I think it means the tires are a big part of the “look”, there isnt that much lift going on between base and Sasquatch. Roof height takes in both tires and lift and Sas is only a tad over 2” higher. These are crude measurements but a tape measure isnt hard to use. So unless one or more of these rigs are still using prototype suspension, these are very close numbers.
That makes sense. I was just looking at the hub to fender measurement for the Badlands vs. BadSquatch in your drawing (which is awesome and really helpful; thank you!). Difference there is 0.4” which makes me think there is some lift between the two. If that’s accurate the stuffed wheel well look and loss of wheel travel with Sasquatch might not be as much of a concern. I hope I’m explaining that right.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Black Diamond
That makes sense. I was just looking at the hub to fender measurement for the Badlands vs. BadSquatch in your drawing (which is awesome and really helpful; thank you!). Difference there is 0.4” which makes me think there is some lift between the two. If that’s accurate the stuffed wheel well look and loss of wheel travel with Sasquatch might not be as much of a concern. I hope I’m explaining that right.
Not my drawing! someone else posted it here.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

The measurements would seem to indicate that 35s on the squatch are 0.6 closer to the rim than 33s on the BL non-squatch.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Black Diamond
The measurements would seem to indicate that 35s on the squatch are 0.6 closer to the rim than 33s on the BL non-squatch.
Don't get me wrong, there is definitely room for solid Ford measurements, its just what we have for now.

This pic kinda sums it up. Sas on the left and OBX stock on the right. Sas isn't that much higher but it is higher, looks so good. Stock OBX is no slouch, its up there a ways. Change the tires on the OBX and it would look so much better.

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1.jpg

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Bronco
Black Diamond
Don't get me wrong, there is definitely room for solid Ford measurements, its just what we have for now.

This pic kinda sums it up. Sas on the left and OBX stock on the right. Sas isn't that much higher but it is higher, looks so good. Stock OBX is no slouch, its up there a ways. Change the tires on the OBX and it would look so much better.

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1.jpg
Rubicon? Should be 33"s stock, unless tires were upgraded. Pushing me more and more towards a non sas BL

Last edited:

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Bronco
Wildtrak
Right there with you , I have a 2018 f150 and been overpaying so will only owe about $15k come June so my options are trading it in on a 4 door $51k bronco or going 2 door base Sasquatch for 36k and keeping my truck . Or I guess I could trade it in on a 4 door base Sasquatch for like 38k ish and trade truck in and be better off . Do I need lockers or beadlocks ?! No , have I got by my whole life on the beach , in snow , and all that with normal 4x4 ? Yes . But I do want them . Soooo lol ??‍♂
Just buy Wildtrak

Cookieck

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Bronco
Undecided
After getting in to this subject a couple of times, my opinion is that the people who want the BL WITHOUT Squatch heard it to say there’s only a 10mm (0.39”) difference between BL and Squatch. The people that DO want to Squatch their BL heard it to say that BL is 10mm lift over base and Squatch is 1.5” over base. (1.1” over BL suspension)

I don’t think these arguments are going to go anywhere because it’s team BL suspension vs team High Clearance suspension. :poop:
I'm not team either, but if you're going off what the guy in the sema vid said his word for word(minus some "ums" and mumbles, and responding to question of "whats the difference between standard badlands suspension and sasquatch badlands suspension") was
"They're actually very close. They're not exactly the same parts numbers all the way across, but they are the same suspension. When you get the sasquatch package what you're getting is a package that gets you that 35in pack. It lifts the base vehicle about an inch and half and it lifts the badlands about 10mils"

So he's saying the Saquatch package lifts the badlands 10mils. If it was an inch between badlands and sas then badlands would be closer to base suspension, so why would he say badlands and sas are very close and almost the same? It'd be badlands and base suspension are very close and almost the same at that point.

Advertisement

Quake LED
Advertisement