Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so after going through so many different builds trying to narrow down what my order will be ....
WHY not just go badlands with 33” tires with 4.70 rear instead of Sasquatch and save $2500 then simply buy 35” tires after your purchase bronco . 1) you can sell stock 33’s and 2) 35’s will only cost you $1400 ish ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so after going through so many different builds trying to narrow down what my order will be ....
WHY not just go badlands with 33” tires with 4.70 rear instead of Sasquatch and save $2500 then simply buy 35” tires after your purchase bronco . 1) you can sell stock 33’s and 2) 35’s will only cost you $1400 ish ?
Because you're also getting the beadlock wheels too. 5 - 35" tires and beadlock capable wheels are going to cost way more than $2,500.00

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because you're also getting the beadlock wheels too. 5 - 35" tires and beadlock capable wheels are going to cost way more than $2,500.00
Yea I guess your right on that but 1) Iv seen many people on here not a fan of the Sasquatch wheels in comparison to the badlands options and seriously do most of us really need beadlocks ?! Only other concern is some people discussing the wheel offset for squat h package possibly being different

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

because of the lift, not sure whats on the lift, but that should pretty much make up the difference

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I guess your right on that but 1) Iv seen many people on here not a fan of the Sasquatch wheels in comparison to the badlands options and seriously do most of us really need beadlocks ?! Only other concern is some people discussing the wheel offset for squat h package possibly being different
Like anything it's all personal taste. Plus if you're going to be doing a. lot of off roading the beadlock wheels will come in handy. Personally I like both wheels but there is justification for the price when you add 5 tires and wheels into it. Plus it's lifted a little more and you get larger fender flares too.

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasquatch bead lock capable wheels look to have a different offset than the standard Badlands wheels, pushing the wheel further out. So 35's on the standard wheels will most likely rub.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a recycled convo from so many threads i've lost count. I have read as much as i can find on the difference between the BL and Squatch suspensions.

You can opt for the 4.7 differential and 2.7/ auto without the squatch. Ala carte.

I am no expert, however if you choose the BL specific wheel with the territory tire cost is around $1500 to $ 1600.
IMO there is not a bit of difference between the two suspensions other than the squatch has somehow given the vehicle a slight .5 to 1 inch lift.

Why the cost difference????
If you look at how much the wheel and tire upgrade is, specific to the BL, as mentioned above, roughly $1600. To upgrade the BL to Squatch, the cost is in this, Beadlocks and 315 territory tires, a difference of $800. I think that is the cost difference for the wider beadlock capable wheels and 315 territory tire. Everyone is overthinking it.

On another thread, someone posted a video where TFL trucks interviews Goodyear employee's. They specifically said FOMOCO tasked Goodyear with developing a brand new tire for the Bronco.
Ford ended up liking this tire so much they will be offering as an option for the 2021 F-150.
The cost for Goodyear's R&D is baked into the price of the new tire for ford and we're paying for it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock Badlands wheels are ugly...so you have to spend another grand to go to the optional bead lock wheel that comes with 33” M/Ts. Then it’s a wash anyway...and you have a little less lift.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The stock Badlands wheels are ugly...so you have to spend another grand to go to the optional bead lock wheel that comes with 33” M/Ts. Then it’s a wash anyway...and you have a little less lift.
The stocks are my favorite. Guess it is all personal taste.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s my plan!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My bad for repeated content . Just really having a hard time nailing down what I’m going with and dec 7 is coming fast . Thinking I may just go wildtrak no options to hopefully to get it sooner as some state simplicity equals faster orders but also to add options after the fact . I really wanted the vinyl interior though but am iffy on the wash out floors . I like them but $50k+ for wash out floors and vinyl seats they use to coke standard in my f150 work trucks. !?!? Could easily life with a Sasquatch base model for $15k less . Decisions decisions

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The beadlock capable wheels are kind of a gimmick in my mind. No one driving on road needs them, and almost no one driving off road needs them either. It's cool to say you have them, but most people will never "need" them.

Beadlocks only lock one side of the tire, and you still need the beadlock rim, unless it's included in the price. How low are you expecting to go with tire pressure, or how fast are you going to go over rough terrain. Very few people will ever lose a tire bead off road, because very few people drive in that manner, and if you do, re-seat the bead and go. Or, better yet, pull the wheel off the rig and put on the spare and keep driving. It's an answer to a question that isn't being asked by consumers, except by people that think it looks cool.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bad for repeated content . Just really having a hard time nailing down what I’m going with and dec 7 is coming fast . Thinking I may just go wildtrak no options to hopefully to get it sooner as some state simplicity equals faster orders but also to add options after the fact . I really wanted the vinyl interior though but am iffy on the wash out floors . I like them but $50k+ for wash out floors and vinyl seats they use to coke standard in my f150 work trucks. !?!? Could easily life with a Sasquatch base model for $15k less . Decisions decisions
I built every model just about every way possible. Now I'm down to Base SAS as it seems like the best option for me and value too. I have a loaded Ranger Lariat and was going to trade it in. If I can't get everything I want without spending north of $50K I might as well keep it and go Base SAS and have the best of both. Plus I don't like the interior colors of most. I know some say it's not a big deal but yes it is! Spending this kind of money and not at least getting the option for just plane black is just dumb.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The beadlock capable wheels are kind of a gimmick in my mind. No one driving on road needs them, and almost no one driving off road needs them either. It's cool to say you have them, but most people will never "need" them.

Beadlocks only lock one side of the tire, and you still need the beadlock rim, unless it's included in the price. How low are you expecting to go with tire pressure, or how fast are you going to go over rough terrain. Very few people will ever lose a tire bead off road, because very few people drive in that manner, and if you do, re-seat the bead and go. Or, better yet, pull the wheel off the rig and put on the spare and keep driving. It's an answer to a question that isn't being asked by consumers, except by people that think it looks cool.
I don't care about them being bead-lock, but they are forged, so are much better wheel for off road. That is worth an up-charge over the cast stock wheels. They are also a little wider, so won't need to be changed when I get a lift figured out and put on 37s.

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I build every model just about every way possible. Now I'm down to Base SAS as it seems like the best option for me and value too. I have a loaded Ranger Lariat and was going to trade it in. If I can't get everything I want without spending north of $50K I might as well keep it and go Base SAS and have the best of both. Plus I don't like the interior colors of most. I know some say it's not a big deal but yes it is! Spending this kind of money and not at least getting the option for just plane black is just dumb.
Right there with you , I have a 2018 f150 and been overpaying so will only owe about $15k come June so my options are trading it in on a 4 door $51k bronco or going 2 door base Sasquatch for 36k and keeping my truck . Or I guess I could trade it in on a 4 door base Sasquatch for like 38k ish and trade truck in and be better off . Do I need lockers or beadlocks ?! No , have I got by my whole life on the beach , in snow , and all that with normal 4x4 ? Yes . But I do want them . Soooo lol ??‍♂
Sponsored