Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's true they are .5" wider and forged, but they probably won't offer a practical advantage to a cast/machined wheel. The wheels likely have the same or similar weight ratings, well above the GVWR of the vehicle, and it's pretty hard to actually break a wheel, but the .5 extra width will give you more options in tires (if you're adhering to manufacturer guidelines).

I've already picked out my a/m 17x8.5 wheels :)
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are you waiting on ? Is there suppose to be a delay for Sasquatch I didn’t hear anything ?

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In order to get the interior I want I am going to go with the Outer Banks and add Sasquatch to get the upgraded front axle and better suspension. I plan on replacing the wheels and tires and will replace the upper control arms and coil overs once the aftermarket gets rolling.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's kind of what I was going. lol Apples for apples staying with Ford you can't beat the price but aftermarket just about everything is going to be cheaper.

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's kind of what I was going. lol Apples for apples staying with Ford you can't beat the price but aftermarket just about everything is going to be cheaper.
100% want Ford oem , I just like the idea of getting a wildtrack and the 2.7 and Sasquatch ect all being factory standard for the model versus options . Like buying a raptor versus f150 and throwing 35’s on it .
I made another post where essentially if you really want mansquatch you can order a badlands and then just throw 35’s on after purchase . Gets you close if you can’t wait .

Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In order to get the interior I want I am going to go with the Outer Banks and add Sasquatch to get the upgraded front axle and better suspension. I plan on replacing the wheels and tires and will replace the upper control arms and coil overs once the aftermarket gets rolling.
Same as you. But i will keep the wheels for winter tires. And get some Fuel rims / Baja boss tires for the summer.

After market, will come on later.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a recycled convo from so many threads i've lost count. I have read as much as i can find on the difference between the BL and Squatch suspensions.

You can opt for the 4.7 differential and 2.7/ auto without the squatch. Ala carte.

I am no expert, however if you choose the BL specific wheel with the territory tire cost is around $1500 to $ 1600.
IMO there is not a bit of difference between the two suspensions other than the squatch has somehow given the vehicle a slight .5 to 1 inch lift.

Why the cost difference????
If you look at how much the wheel and tire upgrade is, specific to the BL, as mentioned above, roughly $1600. To upgrade the BL to Squatch, the cost is in this, Beadlocks and 315 territory tires, a difference of $800. I think that is the cost difference for the wider beadlock capable wheels and 315 territory tire. Everyone is overthinking it.

On another thread, someone posted a video where TFL trucks interviews Goodyear employee's. They specifically said FOMOCO tasked Goodyear with developing a brand new tire for the Bronco.
Ford ended up liking this tire so much they will be offering as an option for the 2021 F-150.
The cost for Goodyear's R&D is baked into the price of the new tire for ford and we're paying for it.
Maybe you should have read all those threads you lost count of because what you said is not everything that comes with Squatch.
You forgot about the “High Lift suspension” which is different than the BL suspension. It is said to include different coils and longer shocks to give it more lift. Coilovers are not cheap.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you should have read all those threads you lost count of because what you said is not everything that comes with Squatch.
You forgot about the “High Lift suspension” which is different than the BL suspension. It is said to include different coils and longer shocks to give it more lift. Coilovers are not cheap.
I disagree, there is no information that supports anything you are saying. It is all speculation.
If you have facts post them in your next reply.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because you're also getting the beadlock wheels too. 5 - 35" tires and beadlock capable wheels are going to cost way more than $2,500.00
Dont forget your $800 bead lock rings you have to buy from Ford for them to be beadlock wheels. Or the fact that most beadlocks are not DOT approved but of course people still drive them on the street.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I disagree, there is no information that supports anything you are saying. It is all speculation.
It does seem their is somewhat limited specific info on the suspension and what it entails Sasquatch ect . Which is altogether making these choices harder

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does seem their is somewhat limited specific info on the suspension and what it entails Sasquatch ect . Which is altogether making these choices harder
I would agree. They just answered this question about the difference between the BL and sasquatch suspension, Response was close but not exactly the same.
However, nothing specific.
This is so frustrating. With this info, i will definitely upgrade to the sasquatch.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dont forget your $800 bead lock rings you have to buy from Ford for them to be beadlock wheels. Or the fact that most beadlocks are not DOT approved but of course people still drive them on the street.
plus 95% of the people buying a bronco will never air their tires down to 10psi while offroad...the whole reason for beadlocks in the first place

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your assumption is wrong. I’m not going to do the work for you because you were the one that posted on this persons thread about “recycled convo”.
If you don’t like a thread, ignore it.
Super Cel East is where a Ford rep told us that the Squatch has different springs and longer shocks in the coilovers to provide the extra lift.
The B&P, Ford website, and BN all show you there is a Badlands suspension and a separate High lift suspension.

Your original post is the reason there are so many threads and posts about the Squatch with BL questions.

Last edited:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will aftermarket 35’s fit on a badlands without squatch? Meaning will they rub due to not having the extra 1’ lift? 90% street use, 10% lighter off reading.

I want to buy aftermarket wheels and tires. I also like the non-squatch flares. I don’t care about the price concerns but I don’t want rubbing. Mine will be used for some over landing and mall crawling.
Sponsored