Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ground clearance is based on tire size. Only the tire's increase in size increases height "under" the springs, at the axle which is usually the lowest part or where ground clearance is measured.

Lift is the amount of height different springs give the vehicle. They are often misunderstood or confused. Lift is not increased by the tire; however overall vehicle height is.

Springs, lift, doesnt include ground clearance, but can increase clearance for larger tires.

Tires increase ground clearance by half of the overall diameter increase. Half of the diameter is above the axle/cc shaft and half is below.
Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ground clearance is based on tire size. Only the tire's increase in size increases height "under" the springs, at the axle which is usually the lowest part or where ground clearance is measured.

Lift is the amount of height different springs give the vehicle. They are often misunderstood or confused. Lift is not increased by the tire; however overall vehicle height is.

Springs, lift, doesnt include ground clearance, but can increase clearance for larger tires.

Tires increase ground clearance by half of the overall diameter increase. Half of the diameter is above the axle/cc shaft and half is below.
This guy gets it. Don't seek to just have an opinion. Be more like AcesandEights and have an opinion based on facts and knowledge.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've already published the total vehicle heights.

Depends on the suspension and it depends on tires. If there three or four tire sizes available and two or three suspensions available you have a half dozen or more possible heights. There are 30", 32", 33" and 35" tires, there is one or two or possibly three suspension configurations. Those would all cause variation in overall vehicle height. They did publish the heights though, the range of heights. If the Sas suspension provides 1.5" suspension height difference, and the tire range is 30" - 35" then you know there's going to be a 4" overall variance in total vehicle height (1.5" + 5/2), but it could be just about anything in between depending on what model and options are chosen.

Ford's preliminary tech specs (2D models):
Base - 71.9"
Wildtrack - 75.2"
I'm looking for heights of each model, with and without Sasquatch, published by Ford. Please post the link if you have it. I've not seen it anywhere, except for the base model.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How is lift actually measured? (More importantly: How is Ford measuring it?) I've tried to google this and there doesn't seem to be a consistent answer. However, for a couple of methods I looked at, increasing tire size also increases lift. Could the difference in lift be almost entirely from tire size? Increasing the tire size from 33 to 35 would add approximately 1" of lift. Given that tires can run slightly smaller or larger than tire size, going from BFG AT 33 to Goodyear MT 35 could add 1.1" of lift.

If so, it could mean that everyone is getting what they want. The BL non-squatch group get the same components, but the BL squatch group gets the extra 1.1" of lift.
You measure from the center hub straight up to the fender.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is correct, mostly.
Remember that a IFS doesn’t have a front axle. So the only parts that don’t rise with a suspension lift on a IFS are the lower sections of the lower control arms and the rear axle.
You gain ground clearance all over the the vehicle including all of the components under the vehicle. You also improve the approach and departure angles and the water fording ability.

Sponsored

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. I just watched the qa section of the video.

Sas gets you 1.5" over the base. 10mm over badlands. This is a no Brainer for me. Going BL without the sas. And, I do like the base wheels. I just need to decide on 2.3 or 2.7. Also, just did build process again and 4.7 on 10spd is available no upcharge.

Here is my jk with 2 inch lift and 33's which to me looks fine.

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? 20181023_091705

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? 20180509_125121

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is correct, mostly.
Remember that a IFS doesn’t have a front axle. So the only parts that don’t rise with a suspension lift on a IFS are the lower sections of the lower control arms and the rear axle.
You gain ground clearance all over the the vehicle including all of the components under the vehicle. You also improve the approach and departure angles and the water fording ability.
Were saying the same thing, whatever is the lowest part of the vehicle remains.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) Auto Sway bar disconnect
2) Much better interior
3) Better looking grill (matte gray v shiny black)
4) Factory soft top available...if so inclined.
5.) Plastic bumpers on Wildtrak
6.) MGV not available on Wildtrak
7.) Washout rubber floor not available on Wildtrak

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? A5C829A1-A061-4029-BB59-1636F054F1BD
Someone did measure.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? A5C829A1-A061-4029-BB59-1636F054F1BD
Someone did measure.
So does that mean BadSquatch has some form of lift over just a stock Badlands? Like 0.4”? Truth be told I’m 99.9% getting a BadSquatch, just curious what this is going to look like. The .4” would match the 10mm they referenced in the video. Interesting.

Sponsored

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To digress .... will the 2.3 BL with manual suffice? I'm down for no sas at this point and the money saved can go towards winch.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does that mean BadSquatch has some form of lift over just a stock Badlands? Like 0.4”? Truth be told I’m 99.9% getting a BadSquatch, just curious what this is going to look like. The .4” would match the 10mm they referenced in the video. Interesting.
I think it means the tires are a big part of the “look”, there isnt that much lift going on between base and Sasquatch. Roof height takes in both tires and lift and Sas is only a tad over 2” higher. These are crude measurements but a tape measure isnt hard to use. So unless one or more of these rigs are still using prototype suspension, these are very close numbers.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it means the tires are a big part of the “look”, there isnt that much lift going on between base and Sasquatch. Roof height takes in both tires and lift and Sas is only a tad over 2” higher. These are crude measurements but a tape measure isnt hard to use. So unless one or more of these rigs are still using prototype suspension, these are very close numbers.
That makes sense. I was just looking at the hub to fender measurement for the Badlands vs. BadSquatch in your drawing (which is awesome and really helpful; thank you!). Difference there is 0.4” which makes me think there is some lift between the two. If that’s accurate the stuffed wheel well look and loss of wheel travel with Sasquatch might not be as much of a concern. I hope I’m explaining that right.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That makes sense. I was just looking at the hub to fender measurement for the Badlands vs. BadSquatch in your drawing (which is awesome and really helpful; thank you!). Difference there is 0.4” which makes me think there is some lift between the two. If that’s accurate the stuffed wheel well look and loss of wheel travel with Sasquatch might not be as much of a concern. I hope I’m explaining that right.
Not my drawing! someone else posted it here.