Sponsored

Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes sense. I was just looking at the hub to fender measurement for the Badlands vs. BadSquatch in your drawing (which is awesome and really helpful; thank you!). Difference there is 0.4” which makes me think there is some lift between the two. If that’s accurate the stuffed wheel well look and loss of wheel travel with Sasquatch might not be as much of a concern. I hope I’m explaining that right.
The measurements would seem to indicate that 35s on the squatch are 0.6 closer to the rim than 33s on the BL non-squatch.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The measurements would seem to indicate that 35s on the squatch are 0.6 closer to the rim than 33s on the BL non-squatch.
Don't get me wrong, there is definitely room for solid Ford measurements, its just what we have for now.

This pic kinda sums it up. Sas on the left and OBX stock on the right. Sas isn't that much higher but it is higher, looks so good. Stock OBX is no slouch, its up there a ways. Change the tires on the OBX and it would look so much better.

Ford Bronco Why go Sasquatch when Badlands 4.70 is Same ? 2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't get me wrong, there is definitely room for solid Ford measurements, its just what we have for now.

This pic kinda sums it up. Sas on the left and OBX stock on the right. Sas isn't that much higher but it is higher, looks so good. Stock OBX is no slouch, its up there a ways. Change the tires on the OBX and it would look so much better.

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1.jpg
Rubicon? Should be 33"s stock, unless tires were upgraded. Pushing me more and more towards a non sas BL

Last edited:

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right there with you , I have a 2018 f150 and been overpaying so will only owe about $15k come June so my options are trading it in on a 4 door $51k bronco or going 2 door base Sasquatch for 36k and keeping my truck . Or I guess I could trade it in on a 4 door base Sasquatch for like 38k ish and trade truck in and be better off . Do I need lockers or beadlocks ?! No , have I got by my whole life on the beach , in snow , and all that with normal 4x4 ? Yes . But I do want them . Soooo lol ??‍♂
Just buy Wildtrak

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After getting in to this subject a couple of times, my opinion is that the people who want the BL WITHOUT Squatch heard it to say there’s only a 10mm (0.39”) difference between BL and Squatch. The people that DO want to Squatch their BL heard it to say that BL is 10mm lift over base and Squatch is 1.5” over base. (1.1” over BL suspension)

I don’t think these arguments are going to go anywhere because it’s team BL suspension vs team High Clearance suspension. :poop:
I'm not team either, but if you're going off what the guy in the sema vid said his word for word(minus some "ums" and mumbles, and responding to question of "whats the difference between standard badlands suspension and sasquatch badlands suspension") was
"They're actually very close. They're not exactly the same parts numbers all the way across, but they are the same suspension. When you get the sasquatch package what you're getting is a package that gets you that 35in pack. It lifts the base vehicle about an inch and half and it lifts the badlands about 10mils"

So he's saying the Saquatch package lifts the badlands 10mils. If it was an inch between badlands and sas then badlands would be closer to base suspension, so why would he say badlands and sas are very close and almost the same? It'd be badlands and base suspension are very close and almost the same at that point.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not team either, but if you're going off what the guy in the sema vid said his word for word(minus some "ums" and mumbles, and responding to question of "whats the difference between standard badlands suspension and sasquatch badlands suspension") was
"They're actually very close. They're not exactly the same parts numbers all the way across, but they are the same suspension. When you get the sasquatch package what you're getting is a package that gets you that 35in pack. It lifts the base vehicle about an inch and half and it lifts the badlands about 10mils"

So he's saying the Saquatch package lifts the badlands 10mils. If it was an inch between badlands and sas then badlands would be closer to base suspension, so why would he say badlands and sas are very close and almost the same? It'd be badlands and base suspension are very close and almost the same at that point.
That’s a lot of words. All you had to say is that you agree with the BL with NO Squatch team. ?
By the way, Im also on neither team but I agree with the Squatch team.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s a lot of words. All you had to say is that you agree with the BL with NO Squatch team. ?
By the way, Im also on neither team but I agree with the Squatch team.
I'm not saying I agree or care either way. I'm just saying the guy literally said badlands standard suspension and badlands squatch suspension are "very close" and "they are the same suspension" so hows that sound like a bigger difference than from base to badlands?

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so after going through so many different builds trying to narrow down what my order will be ....
WHY not just go badlands with 33” tires with 4.70 rear instead of Sasquatch and save $2500 then simply buy 35” tires after your purchase bronco . 1) you can sell stock 33’s and 2) 35’s will only cost you $1400 ish ?
Or, as in my case, just stick with the 33s that are more than enough for all that I need this vehicle to do. Badlands will do what 99% of us would ever want. Badlands Sasquatch is for the other 0.9%. The after market is for the remaining 0.1%. :)

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, I don't want noisy tires all year long!
Do we have enough information to know if Goodyear Maximum Traction 35s are any noisier than either of the 33 options for BL? A lot has to do with design. A 30 Mud Terrain is probably noisier than a 35 AT. Specific to the BL options, I would guess the 35s are noisier than the 33 ATs, but less noisy than the 33 Mud Terrains, but I'd love to get more info. Since the Goodyears are being specifically designed for the Bronco, who knows what the noise level will actually be like.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clearance is actually measured from the ground to the lowest point of the chassis and is most likely the rear differential. This is your clearance.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think what he’s saying is the actual components are very similar between the BL and Sasquatch setups. They’re both a piggyback Bilstein coil over. Anything OBX and under without Sasquatch does not have piggyback Bilstein coil overs.

OP
OP

Emcfetr1

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here, I don't want noisy tires all year long!
I’ve tested and researched a lot of tires and reviews in my time and 1) looking at the tread I really don’t think these 35” M/T’s are going to be loud and more so I trust Ford and think they are smart enough not to ruin their most hyped vehicle with loud womp womp tires . Think raptor . But noise on mud terrains comes from how much gap is in between the treads blocks hence why all terrains are quieter (closer tire lug gapping) so looking as this specific designed MT for the bronco and it’s more of a hybrid tire like the Goodyear duratrac is . Looks mud terrain with all terrain characteristics and the duratrac is super quiet and performs amazing . Just my 2 cents. I’m going full 35” MT with not doubts and I absolutely hate womp womp tire noise and refuse to run anything more then all terrains soooo ??‍♂
Sponsored