Sponsored

Why I changed my order from OB to Badlands! Thanks for Opening my eyes!!

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Bronco6G,

First, I would like to thanks everyone very much for your input and recommendations in regards to your selections and things to look for. I FINALLY HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL GO WITH THE BADLANDS. FOR REAL THIS TIME. LOL

Here is why:
1. Number one reason I am getting a Bronco to begin with is ”OPEN AIR” Living in Miami, FL it rains all the time. The standard seats on the Badlands work perfectly.
2. Wheels. Even though I do not need the bigger tires and really like the standard tires on the Badlands.
3. After talking to my friends, I do plan to take this out off-reading more then expected.
4. I realized that 12 inch, High Package is not really important to me.

However, I do plan to upgrade to 2.7 L / Auto.

When all is said and done, I still will be below $50,000 for a great Bronco!!

Below is my thinking when a started. Thanks for opening my eyes!! I do not plan to wear a dress and go to soccer games anytime soon!!
Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome to the club! I think the Badlands is going to be an awesome vehicle!

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the club! I think the Badlands is going to be an awesome vehicle!
Thanks. My only question is the following: Would it be a better move to start with the BD then upgrade to MED and 2.7 L. It might be better priced that way. I guess I have to wait and see. Thanks!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good choice Claude. I look at the OBX, and the Black Diamond trims, but keep going back to the Badlands. The only difference is I just can't make up my dang mind. But, that's part of the fun right now. When, and if they ever hit the lots then I'll get serious. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. My only question is the following: Would it be a better move to start with the BD then upgrade to MED and 2.7 L. It might be better priced that way. I guess I have to wait and see. Thanks!
Sometimes it's cheaper to move up a trim level, but that's not always the case. Hopefully Ford isn't teasing us, and the build/price site will be up in September. Then I can build that perfect Bronco over, and over again until I can actually touch one. (y)

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is why:
1. Number one reason I am getting a Bronco to begin with is ”OPEN AIR” Living in Miami, FL it rains all the time. The standard seats on the Badlands work perfectly.
2. Wheels. Even though I do not need the bigger tires and really like the standard tires on the Badlands.
3. After talking to my friends, I do plan to take this out off-reading more then expected.
4. I realized that 12 inch, High Package is not really important to me.

When all is said and done, I still will be below $50,000 for a great Bronco!!
Same thinking here. Looking at probably moving back to the PNW, I definitely want the lockers/disconnect and the flushable interior. I’m sticking with the manual and the 33’s so if I can’t get that with the high package for under $50K then so be it. I get the mid and call it a day! I will be doing my engine break in and as I roll into mile 1,000 be pulling into a tuning shop to install an aftermarket intercooler and tune.

Fun fact: you don’t just have the swaybar disco for rocks and huge articulation. It’ll help on bumpy trails at slower speeds for a much more comfortable ride!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would love to go badlands, its just gonna be out of my budget. The wheel tire combo on the badlands is awesome, as is all the goodies it comes with. Big bend or OBX will have to do for me.

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does changing your model affect your order in line... will that equate to a later delivery date?

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does changing your model affect your order in line... will that equate to a later delivery date?
No. Your place in line is based on when you made your reservation. However, what you pick might delay one vs. another option. That is my understanding.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so I thought changing your trim or pretty much anything about your order (except dealer) did not need to occur until Dec when you actually order. There are alot of post.. did I miss something?

I did OBx, but may move to WT or even ....

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so I thought changing your trim or pretty much anything about your order (except dealer) did not need to occur until Dec when you actually order. There are alot of post.. did I miss something?

I did OBx, but may move to WT or even ....
Yes, it doesn't matter what trim you reserved (except FE), you can get whatever trim you want at order time. Hopefully the OP did not cancel his reservation and make a new one to change trim....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Gpscharron For the reasons you listed you may be better with a Black Diamond and adding some bigger wheels and options. The BL is built for rock crawling (see the Moab and Rubicon vids) and sounds like it will be more rig than you need. Don't spend money on stuff you don't need and will never use save some coin for the 200+ accys. I "only" have a rear locker and manual disconnects on my Jeep and have done plenty of off roading including some minor rock crawling.

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just going to suggest this. If you don’t really need the hardcore off-road gear, the Black Diamond will get you plenty of capability for entry-level off-roading. And with a soft top, a 4-dr with the 2.7L and the mid-package will land you around $45k.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would love to go badlands, its just gonna be out of my budget. The wheel tire combo on the badlands is awesome, as is all the goodies it comes with. Big bend or OBX will have to do for me.
I was late to the game with my Badlands reservation. But, after reading everyone's input and opinions on here, I'm still not sure which trim to buy. It will be a daily driver for me. I am not an off-roader. I don't tow anything. I don't haul anything. I think I want a 2 door with the 2.3 and 10A. That powertrain is similar to my 2019 Ranger and has been fine for me. I'm just looking for a vehicle that is fun to drive and has more highway manners than off-road capabilities. I'm am thinking that the Big Bend would be perfect for my use. And, it's almost $10K less than than the Badlands I initially thought I wanted. I need to drive one before I order one.