Sponsored

Why I chose the Bronco (Manual trans comparision, Tax Deduction)

DualsportWA

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone, this is my first post here! I was just shopping for a vehicle for my business, and had to do some soul searching re: Wrangler -vs- Bronco. I like both- and test drove both- the Jeep Sport 6spd, and the Bronco in both 10spd auto and 7spd manual. Plus a catch. For reference, we were looking at 4-door only in these comparisons.

First the Wrangler- What I wanted, I could not find- a Wrangler Sport in Sarge Green- very nice vehicle. We test drove a base model Charcoal Wrangler Sport, and overall I liked the value for money, but it left a lot of required upgrades on the table (tires, lockers, etc). When driving the 6-spd manual I found there to be quite a bit of axle wrap (surging after clutch engagement) and the steering left a lot to be desired. Furthermore, I found that it needed much more throttle/revs to avoid killing the engine. I could have gotten used to it, but.........

Then we drove a Bronco base with the 2.7L Ecoboost + 10spd auto. WOW- the difference in steering and handling was night-and-day. Still, I figured we would need a LOT of $$$ tied up in upgrades- wheels, tires, lockers, etc. Enter the Badlands with 7-spd manual. For me this was the best of all worlds. Due to this crazy world where few people know how to drive a manual, we found one in stock at $1500 below sticker. We drove the 2.5 hours to see it, and it was love at first sight. The color we wanted (Area 51), the Badlands with 7spd manual hit the features and price breakdown, and when I started driving it, I noticed just how SMOOTH it was with no axle wrap (because of trailing arms?) and I haven't killed the engine once. That sealed the deal. Ready to roll with 33" tires, lockers, swaybar disconnect, etc.

Finally- because the Bronco is over 6000lb GVWR, I can write it off for my business (I am a YouTuber that goes off road :) ). The Jeep was something like 5100lb GVWR, so no dice on that.

Drove it off the lot and got it muddy going up our road and driveway- this baby is going to get USED and ENJOYED.

I'm very enthusiastic about this vehicle, and glad to now be a part of this community!

IMG-2896.jpg
Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi everyone, this is my first post here! I was just shopping for a vehicle for my business, and had to do some soul searching re: Wrangler -vs- Bronco. I like both- and test drove both- the Jeep Sport 6spd, and the Bronco in both 10spd auto and 7spd manual. Plus a catch. For reference, we were looking at 4-door only in these comparisons.

First the Wrangler- What I wanted, I could not find- a Wrangler Sport in Sarge Green- very nice vehicle. We test drove a base model Charcoal Wrangler Sport, and overall I liked the value for money, but it left a lot of required upgrades on the table (tires, lockers, etc). When driving the 6-spd manual I found there to be quite a bit of axle wrap (surging after clutch engagement) and the steering left a lot to be desired. Furthermore, I found that it needed much more throttle/revs to avoid killing the engine. I could have gotten used to it, but.........

Then we drove a Bronco base with the 2.7L Ecoboost + 10spd auto. WOW- the difference in steering and handling was night-and-day. Still, I figured we would need a LOT of $$$ tied up in upgrades- wheels, tires, lockers, etc. Enter the Badlands with 7-spd manual. For me this was the best of all worlds. Due to this crazy world where few people know how to drive a manual, we found one in stock at $1500 below sticker. We drove the 2.5 hours to see it, and it was love at first sight. The color we wanted (Area 51), the Badlands with 7spd manual hit the features and price breakdown, and when I started driving it, I noticed just how SMOOTH it was with no axle wrap (because of trailing arms?) and I haven't killed the engine once. That sealed the deal. Ready to roll with 33" tires, lockers, swaybar disconnect, etc.

Finally- because the Bronco is over 6000lb GVWR, I can write it off for my business (I am a YouTuber that goes off road :) ). The Jeep was something like 5100lb GVWR, so no dice on that.

Drove it off the lot and got it muddy going up our road and driveway- this baby is going to get USED and ENJOYED.

I'm very enthusiastic about this vehicle, and glad to now be a part of this community!

Ford Bronco Why I chose the Bronco (Manual trans comparision, Tax Deduction) IMG-2896
Is your YouTube channel geared towards off roading, trail reviews, etc, or more of you and your daily life vlog style? What's your channel, I'll check it out?

OP
OP
DualsportWA

DualsportWA

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is your YouTube channel geared towards off roading, trail reviews, etc, or more of you and your daily life vlog style? What's your channel, I'll check it out?
It's about long-range shooting, building rifles, reloading ammunition. :) See https://youtube.com/ultimatereloader - we have a Jeep trail on our property that goes up to a ridgeline that we shoot from... Out to 1000+ yards! It's a lot of fun.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay! Sounds interesting. I have a co worker that's in to that. I'll check it out!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. Nice to be able to write it. Enjoy 🤠

Sponsored

samow

Everglades
First Name
huter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the bronco weighed like 5,500 pounds.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm not sure you're using the term "axle wrap" properly here.

While the term is based in Leaf spring suspension (for which neither of these vehicles is, and the "wrap" refers to the leaf deforming under load), you could get a misplaced rear axle with some extreme loads on a modern vehicle, but neither of the vehicles in this case should have that. At all. The panhard bar will keep the axle located laterally, and brand new suspension on these lower power vehicles would prevent unwanted axle movement longitudinally.

Regardless, the 7mt is a Bonney and a joy. Betting it being a manual is the only reason they sold under MSRP. Broncos aren't sitting on lots long here in the greater Puget Sound area unless the ADM is redonkulous.

Glad you're happy with your purchase.

PS, you're going to have a non-defensible Section 179 deduction for your Bronco trying to use it as the GVRW loophole. An IRS agent will see through that in a second. Unless you have a huge 2023, I would hold off on trying to claim the $27K accelerated depreciation and favor a 5 year straightline depreciation where I can justify the 50% business use requirement.

I've never seen a client who wanted to be aggressive with S.179 win that fight with the IRS. The 50% use for the life of the vehicle and lost end-of-life depreciation true up always catch them up. But hey, you do you and good luck with that!

(2023 rates/limits are not finalized yet)

Last edited:

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG-2896.jpg
Congrats. I have this exact build too and i love it! My dealer had 3 sitting around for 62k (49k MSRP). It was obvious they were having a hard time unloading MT broncos. Got a pretty good deal on mine. Can't write mine off though! Lol!

MTWiley23

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Why I chose the Bronco (Manual trans comparision, Tax Deduction) IMG-2896
Welcome to the B6G Community Gavin! I recently took delivery of my '23 Black Diamond w/ MT. Since the MT was a deal-breaker for me, the year and a half wait for mine to finally be built was worth it.

As an avid hunter, LR Shooter and reloader, I've followed your Ultimate Reloader Channel for some time. I thoroughly enjoy the content you produce... keep up the good work!

Again, welcome to B6G and enjoy your Bronco!!
Sponsored