First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the input there MPeugeot. You're right, No E85 ova hea (hawaiian pidgeon). Don't think I'd try the toluene even if it was available. But I am pleased with the Royal Purple Booster. really smooths things out. I suspect all the stations here get the gas from the same outfit, and the octane ratings are like a standard issue plaque on the pumps, and don't really reflect the actual rating indicated. And probably much lower.

If anyone else is using an "Octane Booster" please chime in with your opinion and preference of brand and operation. I use 1 full can and then do a fill up.

Back when I was drag racing the Falcon (see web page) I had a line on sone AvGas reputed to be 105+ octane. I would run her close to empty on my way to the strip and dump in the 5 gallons.
I forget how much the over all cost for a 5 gallon jerry can, but I know it was expensive.
This might be of interest to you.

https://www.thedrive.com/reviews/28072/best-octane-boosters

Turbo engines love Toluene... It's also catalytic converter and fuel system safe.

Last edited:

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those who have installed the tune, is there any way to tell on the car that the tune is installed? Any indication in a setting?
One easy way to tell is to turn off your auto stop/start, shut down your Bronco fully, then restart. If the auto stop remains off the tune is installed.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Self installed over the weekend. 100% agree the buttery shifting is worth it. Acceleration off the line is noticibly improved/smoother with less lag than stock. Highly recommend.

stut1313

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered my tuner with FordPass points. Question for the group is this. If I have the dealer install will I get some sort of copy of stock tune in case we ever need to revert? And as a secondary question does dealer have to install periodic updates for warranty?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just ordered my tuner with FordPass points. Question for the group is this. If I have the dealer install will I get some sort of copy of stock tune in case we ever need to revert? And as a secondary question does dealer have to install periodic updates for warranty?
You can always program it back to stock with FDRS or the tuner.

stut1313

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So stock tube is saved on the tuner? And please correct me if I’m wrong but the tune has to be installed by Ford or ASE cert technician for it not to void warranty. Is that right?

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So stock tube is saved on the tuner? And please correct me if I’m wrong but the tune has to be installed by Ford or ASE cert technician for it not to void warranty. Is that right?
The stock tune is saved to your device.
Ford or ASE install needed to preserve warranty.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a SAS 4 Dr 2.7L and installed the tune this weekend....wow what a difference it makes! If you are on the fence about it don't hesitate. I feel a little cheated by Ford that I drove 9k miles without this performance upgrade or that it didn't come with the Bronco from the factory. I read all the reviews and finally decided to purchase it when Lethal Performance had them on sale a few months ago. They were back ordered so I had to wait. I just received it last week and installed on Saturday and it took maybe 20 minutes...super simple. Yes I know warranty and ASE mechanic installed...there are ways and friends I have that are ASE certified if needed in the future.

Ok so why is this some much better.
1. The shifts are so much better! I hated that first to second gear shift that lagged and took way to long. Now it shifts so much quicker and silky smooth. It is like sport mode but even better. Sport mode is nice but it is jerky and not as smooth. And sport mode still has a shift lag then it over kicks in.
2. Freeway speeds. The Bronco accelerates so much better and seems like at high speeds to react so much quicker when you give it gas. Passing is a breeze now.
3. Mileage. At 9k miles I was averaging 16.8 miles and this is in the NW with lots of mountain passes. Since installing the tune a few days ago and driving over the mountain pass and around town I have already got my average up to 17.1. That is pretty good when you average things out over 9k miles in this short of time. I noticed on fill up that it states 410 mpgs until empty which before it was not in the 400 range. Strange but maybe it knows it is going to get better MPGs.

Yes the premium fuel costs more but pay a few more dollars per fill up and get a much improved Bronco to drive. I know it is $600+ dollars but it is worth every penny. Even my wife who does not care about this stuff and didn't know I installed it said today that the Bronco seems to be driving better has more get up and go. I have not tried any GOAT modes yet but just normal driving is so much better!
Installed it yesterday. The only improvement I noticed was the auto start stop change. I was expecting crisper/firmer shifting. I didn’t notice any improvement. If anything it seems a little sloppier when shifting. We have several Ford 10 speeds and this Bronco was by far the best shifting 10 speed we had before the tune. I hope it just needs time to adapt because, if not, I wasted $700.

OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Installed it yesterday. The only improvement I noticed was the auto start stop change. I was expecting crisper/firmer shifting. I didn’t notice any improvement. If anything it seems a little sloppier when shifting. We have several Ford 10 speeds and this Bronco was by far the best shifting 10 speed we had before the tune. I hope it just needs time to adapt because, if not, I wasted $700.
Doesn't sound right. You using premium gas?

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't sound right. You using premium gas?
Yes, I have been using premium the last three tanks in preparation for the tune. It concerns me because smooth shifting is a recipe for disaster when it comes to longevity of the transmission. Smooth shifts means the clutches are slipping more so I prefer quick, crisp shifts.

OP
OP
Lak34ers

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I have been using premium the last three tanks in preparation for the tune. It concerns me because smooth shifting is a recipe for disaster when it comes to longevity of the transmission. Smooth shifts means the clutches are slipping more so I prefer quick, crisp shifts.
Shouldn't be shifting smooth it should be quicker and shifting better. Give it more time then you might try to reinstall
Sponsored