Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know where someone thinks a thread on an Internet forum is going to go when someone trashes a company for offering a discount! I mean- I have the tune installed and I love it! But someone trashing a company for daring to offer a discount on a holiday that has become synonymous with retailers offering discounts? Probably going to bring some discussion with it. Plus- there’s not a thread on here that doesn’t derail at least some. It’s a DISCUSSION forum.
Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s like ghostbusters , don’t cross the streams (of piss and vinegar)

IMG_8520.jpeg

There be your button at bottom right of upper region on any page.
yup there it is!
Thanks.....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed the Ford Performance Tune Today.

Conditions: Full tank of gas, 100 lbs of tools, and 120 lbs of hidden winch mount. 75 degrees, 1900 feet above sea level. Mode: Sport 4A Exhaust: Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back Outlaw Single. Density Altitude Today was BAD.

0-60: 6.4 seconds
1/4 mile: 15.02@93MPH

Corrected 1/4 mile: 14.5-14.7@97-95 MHP

There is more in it, pretty sure that I can break into the 14's with just pulling out all my tools and crap. Not bad for a mostly stock Bronco with 70k miles.

Last edited:

Larry Gates

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a few questions for those that have had a dealer install the tune. I have a ‘23 Badlands 2.7 and recently bought the Ford Performance Tune. I have an appointment with a local dealership to install for warranty purposes. The instructions say that files will be loaded onto your PC and at some point your original stock tune will get backed up to the Ford Performance site.
1. I assume the dealer uses their Ford Performance account ? I have one but they will not have access unless I give it to them.
2. Did you get a copy of the original stock tune file and the Performance Tune? Maybe they are both on the Procal Tool after all is done?
3. Can you access the original Tune file that is backed up on the Ford Performance site if it’s the dealer account?

Last question is a little more subjective unless someone has direct knowledge. Can the tune be reverted back to stock with no trace of the Performance tune other than the dealer knowing.

I appreciate any insight from those that have had it done. The dealer is very vague with answers as I have only talked to the service guy and not the tech doing it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you could do is backup the original tune to your Ford account and everything except for installation of the performance tune. Bring the vehicle in with the programmer ready to install the tune. Have them "install" the tune and then everything will be in your Ford Performance account.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you could do is backup the original tune to your Ford account and everything except for installation of the performance tune. Bring the vehicle in with the programmer ready to install the tune. Have them "install" the tune and then everything will be in your Ford Performance account.
I am sure that if someone has sufficient access to Ford's diagnostic data, they might be able to tell, but unlikely without using FDRS to do a deep dive or without access to dealer data.

Larry Gates

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great suggestion on having it all loaded and backed up prior to taking it in. Why didn’t I think of that? Ha. Thanks.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read thru the warranty sheet linked on Ford's site, funny thing is the sheet they link to doesn't even mention the Bronco or related products. While it says it is supposed to be purchased from an authorized retailer, and installed by an ASE certified mechanic (or some other certification) it also says in there a warranty claim only requires proof of purchase and nothing about proof of installation or installers credentials...still, decide for yourself and install at your own risk.

I decided to install it myself and it went flawlessly. It did startle me a couple times when it flashed every light on the car at once at the end of the installs (it's supposed to). As for driving impressions I have to wait, I made the rookie mistake of filling up with 85 the day beforehand so I'll hold my thoughts until I can put a full tank of 91 in.

I do agree with mpeugeot that you should register the code it to your account first and not the dealerships account, otherwise only that dealership will be able to make updates and/or revert to stock. It seems to lock not only to your VIN but also to the account you register the tune with.

Last edited:

Larry Gates

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went ahead and registered in my account and downloaded the performance calibration onto the tool. The dealer will simply have to hook up the tool and push a few buttons. I will make that clear when I drop it off with only the load to vehicle page of the instructions included. I was very tempted to push that button myself but constrained myself.

i will say the instructions did not exactly follow what happens on the computer so I always get a little nervous that I’m screwing something up. But it did all end up like it should. There was not anywhere on the FPP site that showed my stock tune file but there was a button on the tool that says revert to stock so I guess all is good.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had mine installed yesterday. I'm really impressed! I really like the revmatching. I think it will make my clutch last longer. Sometimes I get lazy driving in traffic.

I did have something I thought was weird happen. When I picked it up and drove it home the ASS didn't come on and was greyed out when I was stopped. It started out that way this morning, but then about half way to work it started working again... Not really a problem, just thought it was weird.

Sponsored

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So another stupid question, if we buy this through lets say Lethal Performance, we just call the dealership and make the appointment and then give them the tool when we drop it off? If thats the case I'm half azz tempted to do it myself, but then there's the stupid warranty issue. Just want to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So another stupid question, if we buy this through lets say Lethal Performance, we just call the dealership and make the appointment and then give them the tool when we drop it off? If thats the case I'm half azz tempted to do it myself, but then there's the stupid warranty issue. Just want to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
You can do it in about 20 minutes but as you stated, it may cause a warranty issue. I went to the shop that installed my lift and "helped" the ASE certified mechanic install mine. They added it in the receipt with my lift labor cost. If I have any issues I have the receipt. Your Ford dealer or a certified ASE mechanic can install and the warranty is not voided.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading over Fords warranty sure makes me not want to buy this tune, as much as I would love it. They consider Ford Performance aftermarket, and sure, the 3yr/36k miles warranty remains intact through their Ford Performance division, but does that mean only Ford Performance approved dealers can submit claims for repair? There's also no mention of the 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty. Since this reads as though this tune essentially voids out the Ford warranty and switches it out to Ford Performance division, I feel that Ford could argue any repairs in the powertrain warranty window. Let alone any kind of extended warranties one may purchase. Too much of a gray area. I'm sure there's people out there who are far more experienced and knowledgeable over this and would appreciate any insights they may have.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, I can confirm that the Bronco OBX 2.7 2 door will run a sub-14.5 second 1/4 mile with the tune and the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust on stock wheels and tires.

I guess that's quick enough that I am done messing with the performance aspect.

Graham1911

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, even though I have receipt from ASE mechanic for install I would use it even if it did void warranty. I would not have made that statement before install. After having it, I would hate to have to run without it. I do have Borla Exhaust and Roush Air Intake as well. This set up makes a huge positive difference in performance.
Sponsored