Sponsored

Why is Bestop Trek soft top priced $1,000 more on Ford website vs. Bestop site?

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's supposed to include installation, as a Dealer Installed Option. The price difference was about $700 for my build, and I installed myself, so I wasted the money. My dealer gave me zero information about the Bestop install, and didn't offer to install it when I picked up, or put me in touch with a local dealership (I live 12 hours away from where I bought) that would install.

Bestop was recently offering about a $250 "extras" pack with the purchase of a Trektop from their website, even at a much lower cost. That makes the difference in price even worse.

JR

OP
OP
mbuck45

mbuck45

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's supposed to include installation, as a Dealer Installed Option. The price difference was about $700 for my build, and I installed myself, so I wasted the money. My dealer gave me zero information about the Bestop install, and didn't offer to install it when I picked up, or put me in touch with a local dealership (I live 12 hours away from where I bought) that would install.

Bestop was recently offering about a $250 "extras" pack with the purchase of a Trektop from their website, even at a much lower cost. That makes the difference in price even worse.

JR
That sucks, sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know why the Best Top Trek Top soft top is $1,000 more on the Ford website vs. Best Top? 4-door twill. Am I missing something? Thank you

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...c=6971336327359&nosto=productcategory-nosto-2
I think, perhaps, an advantage of ordering from Bestop instead of Ford is that, if there is a problem with the top you get, the odds are you would get much more attention and satisfaction from Bestop than Ford. With Ford, you are ONE, TINY fish in a LARGE ocean (and it seems like they act like it?)

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks, sorry to hear that.
I would check on this - I think it’s dealer specific.

I assumed that this was the case and I got it quoted through a local ford dealership but they were going to charge an installation fee on top of this. The dealership I bought my truck from would not charge an additional fee

Like everyone that’s going to reply, buy through Bestop. It’s less expensive, better service, and they can link you with a local installer for a flat $250 fee (so less $$$ even if you pay for it to be installed)

Major wins all around to buying through Bestop

Also, I’m told that 10% is the best sale Bestop ever offers. That’s not a sale imo but it’s a thing that they’re currently doing for Black Friday. If you’re interested, now would be a good time to buy!
Sponsored