Sponsored

Why is BL vs SQ suspension still a mystery???

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I heard the BL has a single thread of hair from Carroll Shelby while the Quatch adds one of his ashes to the mix. Of course this means nothing without the replica dentures of Washington...I mean that is just not American.
Very interesting.

I heard it could allow you to use left handed scissors, and become terrified of ducks.

What I do know is that you can't put ice skates in the BL without creating a logical paradox.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to state this as fact, even though I'm making a wild-ass-guess. I think the HOSS Bilstein fancy-schmancy shocks are height adjustable. I think they are similar to many of Bilstein products and offer a cir-clip to move the spring seat. Bam, you heard it here first, and if it ends up being correct, well, then you heard it here first and it was true. If it isn't correct, then I was just messing around.

The other thing that is bandied about is it is the difference is a bump-stop or some such thing. Nope, and again, this isn't based in fact; the Bilsteins don't require a bump-stop because they are the fancy 8112 ECSV and have an internal limiter. Bam, again, you heard it here first. Mic drop, or whatever the kids are saying nowadays.

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The suspensions are the same except the Sasquatch has a larger bump stop to limit the travel as at full up travel the 35s can touch. So it’s a slightly limited suspension compared to the bad lands. The ground clearance difference between the badlands and the Sasquatch is due to tire size. 33vs35 is one inch of ground clearance.
You cannot get the 4.7s at no cost on the badlands. They only come with the Sasquatch package. Build and price conflicts with the order guide here, and when you order it will not let you select the 4.7s separate.

you are paying 2500 for the 5 wheels and tires and the gears. So it is actually worth it as you might pay 2k to rehear to 4.7 anyways ifyou had a shop due it.
Ford has stated BL has 4.7 gearing with the MT but 4.46 with the AT. Sas only adds 4.7 on the AT.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet Scooby could solve the mystery.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's plain and simple, it's still a mystery because Ford wants you to purchase the Sasquatch package for more $. However, people like me ordering a MY21 BL auto dislike the Sasquatch wheels, would replace the wheels/tires and don't like the deeper flares. So all I would get out of it is the 4.7 which isn't a deal breaker for me.

If options change for MY22 and after the MY21 start rolling out, then maybe I'll adjust for our MY22 order.

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to state this as fact, even though I'm making a wild-ass-guess. I think the HOSS Bilstein fancy-schmancy shocks are height adjustable. I think they are similar to many of Bilstein products and offer a cir-clip to move the spring seat. Bam, you heard it here first, and if it ends up being correct, well, then you heard it here first and it was true. If it isn't correct, then I was just messing around.

The other thing that is bandied about is it is the difference is a bump-stop or some such thing. Nope, and again, this isn't based in fact; the Bilsteins don't require a bump-stop because they are the fancy 8112 ECSV and have an internal limiter. Bam, again, you heard it here first. Mic drop, or whatever the kids are saying nowadays.
I think you may be onto something. That or there is a simple 10mm body lift spacer to raise it over a BL. Whatever it is, Ford is purposely avoiding answering the question at all cost which makes you think it is a simple difference. If it was a more involved suspension change, I think they would be preaching how different the suspension is to make sure people get the Sasq package if they think they'll run 35"s +.

Here is an example of how Bilsteins make simple height adjustable struts. There could be just 2 grooves, 1 for Badlands, 1 for Sasq.

https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/...jRov2irk06ufEubCwhISBOfTkTK_wEoYaAoE7EALw_wcB

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like the distance in the reservoirs may just be that they are flipped over. Starting to think the springs are the difference and they haven't tested a spring for the 2.3 and Sasquatch yet which is why manual Sasquatch is delayed until '22.