Sponsored

Why is BL vs SQ suspension still a mystery???

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that's the key question though, and the one for which everyone is hoping there is an answer, and soon; for what is it worth?

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, tires alone are 1200.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So wait, does a squatched Badlands (and all FEs) have different suspension than squatched anything else?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If a manual, I am betting high vs mid has more to do with suspension height than Squatch vs Badlands. I'll also bet a Squatch with v6 sits closer to the wheel hub center than an badlands with 2.3 and manual.

Most of the difference is the tire diameter which can be fixed when the first set wears out.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your destiny

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SAS is really the only decision I have left, is it worth $2500? Prolly not.

You are paying $500 per rim and different gearing on a BL.

Pssst... the tire cost difference is negligible. The deciding factor is if B&P is correct and I can choose 4.7 gearing a zero cost.

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The suspensions are the same except the Sasquatch has a larger bump stop to limit the travel as at full up travel the 35s can touch. So it’s a slightly limited suspension compared to the bad lands. The ground clearance difference between the badlands and the Sasquatch is due to tire size. 33vs35 is one inch of ground clearance.
You cannot get the 4.7s at no cost on the badlands. They only come with the Sasquatch package. Build and price conflicts with the order guide here, and when you order it will not let you select the 4.7s separate.

you are paying 2500 for the 5 wheels and tires and the gears. So it is actually worth it as you might pay 2k to rehear to 4.7 anyways ifyou had a shop due it.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone with Twitter, or someone at the factory, or some dealer please try to get us the actual and specific differences between the badlands and sasquatch suspensions.

Thanks.

P.S.
I know we have other threads on this, but resurrecting an old thread and old theories won't get enough traction.
Agree with @Rough Rider

One reason I'm getting BL w/33s is because it will have greater suspension travel than Sasquatch. Not positive, but consensus seems to think Sasquatch travel will be 10mm less.

I'm interested in the Warthog because it will have big travel & beefy suspension. High speed baja style riding is more fun to me than rock crawling. Better for apocalypse.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The suspensions are the same except the Sasquatch has a larger bump stop to limit the travel as at full up travel the 35s can touch. So it’s a slightly limited suspension compared to the bad lands. The ground clearance difference between the badlands and the Sasquatch is due to tire size. 33vs35 is one inch of ground clearance.
You cannot get the 4.7s at no cost on the badlands. They only come with the Sasquatch package. Build and price conflicts with the order guide here, and when you order it will not let you select the 4.7s separate.

you are paying 2500 for the 5 wheels and tires and the gears. So it is actually worth it as you might pay 2k to rehear to 4.7 anyways ifyou had a shop due it.
Unless you get the manual... then it comes with the 4.7 gearing.
Sponsored