Sponsored

Why is BL vs SQ suspension still a mystery???

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The suspensions are the same except the Sasquatch has a larger bump stop to limit the travel as at full up travel the 35s can touch. So it’s a slightly limited suspension compared to the bad lands. The ground clearance difference between the badlands and the Sasquatch is due to tire size. 33vs35 is one inch of ground clearance.
You cannot get the 4.7s at no cost on the badlands. They only come with the Sasquatch package. Build and price conflicts with the order guide here, and when you order it will not let you select the 4.7s separate.

you are paying 2500 for the 5 wheels and tires and the gears. So it is actually worth it as you might pay 2k to rehear to 4.7 anyways ifyou had a shop due it.
My understanding is that after accounting for tire size (we did those calculations a million times over here), and as stated by Ford during SEMA, there is also a 10mm suspension lift on squatch compared to Badlands.

(There is speculation that this would be achieved simply by putting stiffer springs on squatched models... which makes sense, as it’s how Jeep does the wrangler. I’ve seen a not-insignificant lift achieved by putting 4-door hardtop springs on a 2-door soft top.)
Sponsored

Last edited:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My understanding is that after accounting for tire size (we did those calculations a million times over here), and as stated by Ford during SEMA, there is also a 10mm suspension lift on squatch compared to Badlands.
I wanna say that was even confirmed by someone inside Ford. I know I remember reading it here, but just can't remember where.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So far, this thread has helped immensely compared to previous threads. :ROFLMAO:

Suspensions components are same...... or, no they are not.
Added height is only due to tires.....or, no there is actually a 10mm difference due to suspension.

Thinking about starting another thread, because this one is full of old theories that won't get enough traction.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

(There is speculation that this would be achieved simply by putting stiffer springs on squatched models... which makes sense, as it’s how Jeep does the wrangler. I’ve seen a not-insignificant lift achieved by putting 4-door hardtop springs on a 2-door soft top.)
We did those calculations on Bandlands vs Wildtrack. The Badlands weighs more with the bumpers, bash plates and rock rails. Enough to account for 10mm+.

I think there is no real difference other than wheels, tires, bumpstops, and flares on a manual. Adding 4.7’s on an auto. (It’s a good deal on the auto given what the optional badlands wheels and 33” MTs cost.)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did those calculations on Bandlands vs Wildtrack. The Badlands weighs more with the bumpers, bash plates and rock rails. Enough to account for 10mm+.

I think there is no real difference other than wheels, tires, bumpstops, and flares on a manual. Adding 4.7’s on an auto. (It’s a good deal on the auto given what the optional badlands wheels and 33” MTs cost.)
The only rub is that during SEMA Q&A they stated different components and a 10mm lift.

For the record, Im not looking to die on this hill... I just don’t think it’s safe to say yet that the suspension components are the same.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The only rub is that during SEMA Q&A they stated different components and a 10mm lift.

For the record, Im not looking to die on this hill... I just don’t think it’s safe to say yet that the suspension components are the same.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah - I wouldn’t defend any hill based on something a Ford rep said, like “It’s a steal” or “there will be XPlan” or something :ROFLMAO:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The suspensions are the same except the Sasquatch has a larger bump stop to limit the travel as at full up travel the 35s can touch. So it’s a slightly limited suspension compared to the bad lands. The ground clearance difference between the badlands and the Sasquatch is due to tire size. 33vs35 is one inch of ground clearance.
You cannot get the 4.7s at no cost on the badlands. They only come with the Sasquatch package. Build and price conflicts with the order guide here, and when you order it will not let you select the 4.7s separate.

you are paying 2500 for the 5 wheels and tires and the gears. So it is actually worth it as you might pay 2k to rehear to 4.7 anyways ifyou had a shop due it.
I came to terms with this horrible fact, I order tomorrow and plan to add the Sasquatch and if it adds a significant delay then I will remove it in may

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of BL non-squatched . . . anyone have a # (or at least an estimate) as to ground clearance? The only ground clearance # I've seen for BL is with the sasquatch package. TIA

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@thecaptain it will be half the difference in tire size change, 33" to 35" tire is one inch under the axle housing. So, 33" to 35" is one inch higher ground clearance, or 35" to 33" is one inch less.

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@thecaptain it will be half the difference in tire size change, 33" to 35" tire is one inch under the axle housing. So, 33" to 35" is one inch higher ground clearance, or 35" to 33" is one inch less.
Thanks. So . . . it should be 10.6" assuming that the 11.6" figure for squatched BL is correct.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything else being equal, 2" / 2 = 1"; or 2" * .5 = 1".

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The suspensions are the same except the Sasquatch has a larger bump stop to limit the travel as at full up travel the 35s can touch.
Then why do Ford reps keep saying Sasquatch adds some additional suspension lift over Badlands....including the Bronco brand manager?

I know Ford puts out mis-information all the time from their marketing team, but I'm wondering how you know definitively that they are wrong on this one?
Sponsored