Sponsored

Why is BL vs SQ suspension still a mystery???

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This theory in practice is how Americas public education system got as bad as it is.
Or understanding media, I mean, marketing.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s so people like myself will cave and spend more money on the Sasquatch package which in turn gives Ford more money.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused a bit about the whole lift conversation.
You can achieve lift by the tire, suspension or by the body. For an IFS, any lift other than by tires, or body, would require that the half shafts be a longer length. If that is true, not sure, a Badlands lift would have to be the same lift with or without SAS unless the SAS came with longer half shafts.
Ya?

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I've read them all over the months and understand all the possible differences, however slight they may be. I'm just looking for the the definitive, "actual" differences.
Initially i was worried Sqautch was going to have a much rougher ride on an already short wheel base off road vehicle and ride like a meat wagon.
After viewing the video of ride alongs from KOH it revealed the ride to be more like the Raptor.
I ended up going with Squatch when i converted my reservation for a BL's edition because i knew i could end up regretting not getting it. Plus, i ordered a 4door and i think it looks better with the larger tires.
In the end when specifics are revealed, I believe the two suspensions are going to have more in common that they do differences and its not going to be a big deal.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Burndog No, the half-shafts are the same length, they're just at a different angle. Which is why they drop the center/diff when going much higher than a few inches.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Initially i was worried Sqautch was going to have a much rougher ride on an already short wheel base off road vehicle and ride like a meat wagon.
After viewing the video of ride alongs from KOH it revealed the ride to be more like the Raptor.
I ended up going with Squatch when i converted my reservation for a BL's edition because i knew i could end up regretting not getting it. Plus, i ordered a 4door and i think it looks better with the larger tires.
In the end when specifics are revealed, I believe the two suspensions are going to have more in common that they do differences and its not going to be a big deal.
SQ rides surprisingly well. I have not been in a non SQ so no way to compare. It gave me confidence in my BL order with the same spec shocks for sure!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I heard the difference is +10mm lift (BL) and +20mm lift (Sasquatch) over what the Base/BB/OBX/BD has.

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard the difference is +10mm lift (BL) and +20mm lift (Sasquatch) over what the Base/BB/OBX/BD has.
That doesn't seem right. 20 mm is only about .8 inches.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard the BL has a single thread of hair from Carroll Shelby while the Quatch adds one of his ashes to the mix. Of course this means nothing without the replica dentures of Washington...I mean that is just not American.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That doesn't seem right. 20 mm is only about .8 inches.
I may be mixing this with suspension travel and not lift, and definitely not confirmed but I recall one of the Ford engineers saying this during a Q&A a while back. Could have been wrong, or just preliminary and changed.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They said Sas is 10mm over BL, and the parts are basically the same, but with different part numbers. Really, they didn't know the difference, except there might be 10mm somewhere, which was really the difference in tire size, but they didn't know that either.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you're talking about the Americas, right?
Sponsored