Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

dont know that much about the specifics, but allocations have been a thing for a long long time, gt500, raptors, corvettes, hellcats. Technically everything has allocations, but its irrelevent for most cars since dealers are rarely begging for more than they can get.
Yes sir they have, and I know them well as I've ordered many new cars. But, one thing you should know. When many of us ordered the amount of a dealers Bronco reservations was weighed into the '21 Bronco allocation formula. The mega dealers whined because a few small dealers out manuvered them with fair pricing, and would get more allocation than the big boys. So, Ford kissed the big boys rear ends, and changed the formula for '22 thereby screwing these small dealers and their customers. That's why many of us here are pissed. I understood the supply issues, and the MIC top probelam, but I will never understand why Ford chose to chit on many of their end customers.

I apoligise if I came off a bit rash. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And if enough do that we might actually move up a few notches. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen this wording used on several occassions now. Can you explain how Granger gamed the system?
Sure, I didnt mean it in a bad way, I have a lot of love for the Granger team. Dealer vehicle allocations and priority of builds have historically been based on overall dealership volume. Ford changed the rules for Bronco and made it based on Bronco orders for FY21. Granger and others were smart and capitalized on that difference by offering great prices and great service pulling in a ton of non-local orders. My dealer didnt offer low prices or pull volume from other locales nationally, just MSRP locks and has a lot of demand simply because this is an area with a huge off-roading community.

The big guys didn't like that and made Ford change the rules back so that they can benefit from the status quo. Had it not been for a few dealerships like Granger and others pulling so much volume I don't believe the large dealerships would have insisted on the allocation model change for FY22.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That makes no sense. Yes extreme but it makes no sense. The MOD is just not available. Just like EG wasn't a color for 2021. A dealer holding delivery because something is just not available to build is idiotic.

The crux of the issue is not commodity constraints. The issue folks have is the exact same build at two dealerships having vastly different delivery times due to allocations. My buddy has the SAME BUILD as i have. He has been DRIVING his for two months. Two different dealers. I don't have a VIN. My reservation was almost a week before his. That is the problem. Has nothing to do with dealers other than Ford and their allocations.
Jesus H. I said it was "non-plausible" as a true scenario, but I used the Mod top as an extreme example to make the point that commodity availability trumps reservation timestamp even within the same dealership allocation.

Your example is two same builds but each is at a different dealership placing each order under a different allocation scenario, which is not related to my point.

Had Ford had zero commodity constraints and zero MIC top issues, I'd bet all of Grainger's MY '21 and MY '22 allocations would have been built and delivered. Shit changed. Ford adjusted.

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealers can only sell Broncos that have been built. Anyone who cancels before their Bronco is scheduled to build is removed from the queue.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So in hindsight:

1) Ford should have sent an interest level survey to dealerships to see 'how many' Broncos they wanted to order.

2) Announce the Bronco. Tell customers to go to their local dealerships and get on their lists.

3) Seeing numbers, decide if it is possible to increase any dealer's order number.

4) Build Broncos and send them to their dealerships for them to do with as they please.

It really was a massive mistake to tell "me" to reserve "my" Bronco from Ford. Tell me the time I reserved would matter. Tell me what the MSRP is. Tell me "my" Bronco is scheduled to be built. Tell me "my" Bronco is built. Tell me "my" Bronco is shipped. Tell me "my" Bronco has arrived.

Then say, "It is the dealer's Bronco to do with what they want. Why u mad, bro?"
Absolutely spot on
Sponsored