Sponsored

Why is Ford Shipping Dealer Stock units with HARDTOPS ??

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So they can mark them up and sell them; duh!
Sponsored

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my buddy is sales manager and said the owner made ALL the staff put in a reservation on 7/13. He said they have around 20 to sell because of it. They've received 3 so far, with 4 more on the way next month, all going for +10k over.

LMAO, and you all seem to forget about the punishments put in place for said fuckery.

All dealers will be required to maintain an 80% name match from converted reservation to final sale on all 21MY Broncos delivered from June 2021 ā€“ December 2021.
Ford will monitor each sale and take a snapshot at the end of each month, considering the prior 3 months of Bronco sales
A minimum of 5 Bronco sales must be met for the dealer to be evaluated. Prior to 5 sales, the dealer will auto qualify

Violation Penalty
A first violation will result in a warning
If a dealer does not meet the standard for a second period, Bronco allocation will be forfeited for 1 month
If a dealer does not meet the standard for two consecutive periods, Bronco allocation will be forfeited for 3 months

Keep in mind, if they do it 20 times and ford checks in on what exactly is going on.....what exactly do you think could happen? The possibilities are endless.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LMAO, and you all seem to forget about the punishments put in place for said fuckery.

All dealers will be required to maintain an 80% name match from converted reservation to final sale on all 21MY Broncos delivered from June 2021 ā€“ December 2021.
Ford will monitor each sale and take a snapshot at the end of each month, considering the prior 3 months of Bronco sales
A minimum of 5 Bronco sales must be met for the dealer to be evaluated. Prior to 5 sales, the dealer will auto qualify

Violation Penalty
If a dealer does not meet the standard for a second period, Bronco allocation will be forfeited for 1 month
If a dealer does not meet the standard for two consecutive periods, Bronco allocation will be forfeited for 3 months

Keep in mind, if they do it 20 times and for checks in on what exactly is going on.....what exactly do you think could happen? The possibilities are endless.
Know idea if story is true. Maybe, maybe not. However, hear me out. If each employee reserved in own name, then takes delivery at said dealer(in reservation name) why wouldnā€™t this work? Store owner requires employees to sell in secondary market then makes the markup and says thanks for doing your job.

Fuckery avoided. And very clever. I mean what are the employees gonna do? Maybe they canā€™t afford the damn Bronco and want to keep job.

Weā€™re also assuming accountability in the dealer penalty equation. Also maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Youā€™re one of the good guys so for your sake I hope so.

If thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned in 44 years of life it is a whole helluva lot of humans will find away around the rules. You knowā€¦.find the gray area. Maybe this guy found the gray area.

Now, if I was one of these folks at dealer in this job market and opportunity to mark up, Iā€™d take my rightful Bronco delivery then quit and tell this a-hole shove the job up his ass!! I mean if itā€™s a true storyšŸ˜‰

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Know idea if story is true. Maybe, maybe not. However, hear me out. If each employee reserved in own name, then takes delivery at said dealer(in reservation name) why wouldnā€™t this work? Store owner requires employees to sell in secondary market then makes the markup and says thanks for doing your job.

Fuckery avoided. And very clever. I mean what are the employees gonna do? Maybe they canā€™t afford the damn Bronco and want to keep job.

Weā€™re also assuming accountability in the dealer penalty equation. Also maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Youā€™re one of the good guys so for your sake I hope so.

If thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned in 44 years of life it is a whole helluva lot of humans will find away around the rules. You knowā€¦.find the gray area. Maybe this guy found the gray area.

Now, if I was one of these folks at dealer in this job market and opportunity to mark up, Iā€™d take my rightful Bronco delivery then quit and tell this a-hole shove the job up his ass!! I mean if itā€™s a true storyšŸ˜‰
He's gotta hope and pray all 20 people can afford to pay for their Broncos some way some how. And I've been selling cars for 6 yrs now, never have 20 people walked through, in a row, the door and each one of them have 700 credit scores or the cash to buy a 40-65K vehicle.

I highly doubt it. But lots of trolling as of late from people wanting to spout off fake news. I just wish people weren't as gullible and would use their Bullshit'O'Meters.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Violation Penalty

Keep in mind, if they do it 20 times and for checks in on what exactly is going on.....what exactly do you think could happen? The possibilities are endless.
I just don't see how they will enforce this. I am sure a fair amount of customers will lose financing or change their mind or just give up with all these delays. A dealer can probably make arguments as to why they did not meet the 80% rule. I just get this weird feeling Ford used this Bronco launch to test a new goto market approach with their dealers and I am not sure it is working very well.

Sponsored

Lone Wolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw this at a Ford Dealership in Glenview IL
Ford Bronco Why is Ford Shipping Dealer Stock units with HARDTOPS ?? well-theres-your-problem
Ford Bronco Why is Ford Shipping Dealer Stock units with HARDTOPS ?? well-theres-your-problem
I saw that one as well. They let me take a short test drive. Drives like a dream. Has a 2.7 liter. Very "torquey" Quieter than I though it would be. The Dealer said that the vehicle cannot be sold for 7 months.

Deleted member 21681

Iā€™m wondering why more people arent screaming mad at this. I know I am very frustrated. First customers with orders get trucks. Iā€™m checking my email every day after giving my dealer $1000 deposit for word on my build and someone can just walk in off the street because they saw something nice and buy it !! itā€™s frustrating to say the least.
Did a lot of other people have to lay down a deposit with their dealer? I only had to pay the $100 res fee to Ford. Dealer didnā€™t ask for anything else and told me they donā€™t do mark-ups, signed my order sheet with the price on it. Did I just find a unicorn?

mpoteet

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 79 CJ5, 78 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Violation Penalty

Keep in mind, if they do it 20 times and ford checks in on what exactly is going on.....what exactly do you think could happen? The possibilities are endless.
Well, they are doing it so... let us just monitor these "penalties". I'll bet we will see a few hundred thousand extra cheddars in the dealer's bank account, and nothing else.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did a lot of other people have to lay down a deposit with their dealer? I only had to pay the $100 res fee to Ford. Dealer didnā€™t ask for anything else and told me they donā€™t do mark-ups, signed my order sheet with the price on it. Did I just find a unicorn?
While the different deals will run the gambit between the $2000 under invoice and the $10k over sticker, with permutations of deposits from zero (if swapped dealer) to $7500, at a totally unscientific guess, maybe 2/3 have refundable deposits over the $100 with about half at MSRP, 40% over due to current stock levels of anything, and 10% under sticker. Do you have a unicorn deal? Not hardly, maybe slightly better than average due to not having cash tied up in a deposit. It seems a fair deal though.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer might have ordered it as a priority order or someone from the dealership ordered it and it was within the first lot of allocations. Who is to say they cannot sell it- and also at a hefty ADM. Dealers, allocations, priority orders dictate deliveries as much as if not more than than our reservations.

I expect to see a few on the lots for sale at a premium. I have even seen one on Craigslist some guy is selling his reserved on that is coming in soon. I assume they are just going to make a profit on it.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an additional $500 deposit along with the $100 res fee. Not a big deal, I think it was just their standard operating procedure for all customer orders.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most buyers did not have to put any additional
Money down. Dealers wanted as many conversions as possible.
Sponsored