Sponsored

Why is Ford Shipping Dealer Stock units with HARDTOPS ??

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What color is the window sticker? If it's green, it should be an order someone backed out on. Dealer stock window stickers are blue.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

conspiracies abound. just imagine the outrage if someone were to spot a 2dr soft top on a dealership lot for sale... heads would explode... and if it had a trailer hitch, the world would spin off it's axis... the sales manager at my dealership hasn't called me about this either.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This morning we talked with our dealer. They have a 2-door Black Diamond w Hardtop in transit as Dealer Stock - NOT Customer Order -

Ford tells us that HARDTOPS are the BIG BIG BIG constraint in producing our Customer Orders ??
Then at the same time, Ford ships those precious constrained HARDTOPS for Dealer Stock ???

That 2-door HARDTOP could've built a Customer Order -
What gives ??

Reservation holders may get heated - and why not -
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ford having ya by the short and curlies.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is the possibility of hijacked customer reservation when the customer backed out. Or in the dealer’s mind, all those reservations their staff made when the window opened on July 13th are not really customer orders.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do a majority of folks on this forum assume that reservations were only made by individuals with no ties to a dealership?

Many dealer employees are also Bronco enthusiasts and many of those employees may have had the foresight to place reservations with the intention that those could be sold as dealer stock. Who knows what that percentage of reservations might be, but if it is 10% that is something like 3 to 5 Broncos per dealer.

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enough to make my blood boil. I live in a small town, and I've seen this Bronco multiple times already driving around...

My sales manger didn't even notify me they had one on the lot (ie. So I could see one in person for the first time or even test drive it seeing as they were letting strangers do the same)

And I mean, I'm happy for the new owners, he looks like he's having a blast, but I'm 365 days financial committed to this vehicle now, and many more emotionally so it stings a bit.
I’m wondering why more people arent screaming mad at this. I know I am very frustrated. First customers with orders get trucks. I’m checking my email every day after giving my dealer $1000 deposit for word on my build and someone can just walk in off the street because they saw something nice and buy it !! it’s frustrating to say the least.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m wondering why more people arent screaming mad at this. I know I am very frustrated. First customers with orders get trucks. I’m checking my email every day after giving my dealer $1000 deposit for word on my build and someone can just walk in off the street because they saw something nice and buy it !! it’s frustrating to say the least.
Maybe they just have more toys.

sorry, couldn’t resist

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jesus H Macy everyone...

These are not dealer ordered units. These are customer orders that were not claimed/accepted by the people who originally ordered them.

Stop getting your tighty whiteys even more tighty and calm down.