Sponsored

Why Is Ford Still Taking 2021 Reservations?

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumping this old thread because it's still relevant. I placed a Bronco pre-order only about a month ago and the dealer said that if I converted my reservation to an order I could have "An opportunity to get scheduled for 2021". I pretty much expect to get my Bronco in the year 2028.
Yes you and everyone else who ordered from 2/1 to today. Don't get your hopes up and be happy if you get it in Q3 of 22 but even happier if you get it sooner.
Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basically a $100 upfront money with no interest for them to start building vehicles. They can use the numbers of reservations to obtain other funding as needed to build orders. Some may cancel and get their $100 back, but Ford had that hundo for a while interest free to use. <-- Just my thoughts.
Using my money to build other peoples Broncos sounds very close to a Ponzi scheme

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that we know that there is no way they will fulfill a 2021 reservation placed today, tomorrow, etc..., why is Ford even accepting reservations for a 2021? Personally, I just wish Ford would start out with MY22 Bronco's with deliveries mid to late next year. Just run 'em all for MY22.
Who says placing a reservation has anything to do with getting a MY2021, or even a MY2022 for that matter? Its nothing more than a place in line.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford would love for a bunch of reservations for MY21s to come in today - if they were soft tops, preferably without other constraints.

If you wanted a 4-door with standard package without SAS/tow and a soft top, you could likely order today and get one this fall.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford would love for a bunch of reservations for MY21s to come in today - if they were soft tops, preferably without other constraints.

If you wanted a 4-door with standard package without SAS/tow and a soft top, you could likely order today and get one this fall.
You do not make a reservation for a MY21, its nothing more than a place in line.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using my money to build other peoples Broncos sounds very close to a Ponzi scheme
Your deposit went to the dealer, not the manufacturer. Ford Motor Company does not hold any of your money, and it is not using your funds to finance its manufacturing costs. If you want your deposit back, it gets refunded by the dealer.

I can't believe people don't understand this? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not saying to stop reservations, but merely stating that there's no way that they can deliver a 2021 Bronco that's reserved this late. Why not just change the link to a 2022 Bronco?
Agreed. They should remove the 2021- (res option and B&P) stuff since it is effectively sold out for good.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. They should remove the 2021- (res option and B&P) stuff since it is effectively sold out for good.
Why, they don't need to until they actually announce the MY22 options. A reservation isn't an order so it doesn't matter at all what you reserve.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do not make a reservation for a MY21, its nothing more than a place in line.
I realize that. To clarify, Ford would love a bunch of people to make reservations today and then put in an order for MY21s with soft tops.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So if you do a reservation today and Priority 99 with your dealer, does that lock in 2021 pricing on MY22 ?

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You’re not reserving a 2021... you’re just reserving *a* Bronco.

Ford Bronco Why Is Ford Still Taking 2021 Reservations? 3plblm
I spoke to Ford Customer Service and they told me 2021 reservation will not transfer to 2022 automatically and a new 2022 reservation would need to be made when the 2022 B&P opens up. I am not sure how confident I am in the girl from Ford who conveyed this information because she, herself, sounded like she had no idea what she was talking about. She was working from home and I could hear that her smoke detector battery was dead. ::BEEEEP!::
Sponsored