Sponsored

Why Is Ford Still Taking 2021 Reservations?

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't matter what I reserved, there is zero chance for me to get a 2021 because my order won't be even be submitted until 9/13/21 at the earliest when 2022 order banks open. My dealer already confirmed that.
So it is definitely impossible for anyone to even place an order with Ford at this point? Or is that specifically only for MY22 and that if I did want a badlands soft top with minimal upgrades (the only being a 2.7 and the lux package) they could feasibly still place the order?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it is definitely impossible for anyone to even place an order with Ford at this point? Or is that specifically only for MY22 and that if I did want a badlands soft top with minimal upgrades (the only being a 2.7 and the lux package) they could feasibly still place the order?
Yeah, this is what I'm confused about.

If @Dogula wants a MY22 only option, then yes... of course you can't submit an order for MY21... I too am waiting for an MY22 option.

...but I had not heard of MY21 order banks closing. Why would Ford do that? They need all the buildable My21s in the system they can get... besides, it's against their self interest to *not* take more and more orders in general.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now that we know that there is no way they will fulfill a 2021 reservation placed today, tomorrow, etc..., why is Ford even accepting reservations for a 2021? Personally, I just wish Ford would start out with MY22 Bronco's with deliveries mid to late next year. Just run 'em all for MY22.
Sponsored