Sponsored

Why is OBX the only model that comes with 18 inch wheels ?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you order a black one you can already get the matching top. :)
Ford tried to make it Carbonized Gray, but no MY 21 painted tops is a shame. Although, every time I see a Wrangler in person with them, lately, it doesn't look right to me.
Sponsored

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can anyone tell me why OBX is the only model that comes with 18 inch wheels and is this a good or a bad thing.
Same overall diameter as the 17’s, but Lower profile tire. Better feel on the paved roads.. This is the comfort package

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think OBX will be there second highest volume seller in the coming years, right behind Big Bend.

Will look very Jeepish in numbers. Such a low number of Bronco's will will actually ever be driven in a manner that requires more than the OBX. That in my opinion, is a testament to how good the Bronco is in all trim levels.

I would have gotten one, but I didn't like the wheels, not the size so much, as the style.

Sponsored

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Want mine.... I’ll trade. Of course that means you get the passenger rated tires that go with them! Hoping Ford fixes this for MY22. Just another reason I’m passing up on a MY21 and waiting a few more months

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interestingly, for all the hate the outer banks gets on this forum, it's the second most popular trim level on here when i looked at the stats with 14% of members who reported ordering that level after the badlands which was at 40%
40% will have no fog lights.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's your money, buy what you like. It probably wouldn't hurt to be happy for the other guy every now and then...

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What tire was is? Upgrading the tires on my OBX will be my first change once I get my Bronco.
i can't remember but i played around on tire rack with overall height 33" non heavy duty type and found one- might have been general grabber in 275/70 18 which is 33x11 standard duty?

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's cuz most of those customers have admitted to themselves they will be more onroad than off .... offroading will not involve extreme rock crawling or high speed desert runs ... but the capability will be there cuz bottom line all the Bronco trims are decent offroaders
i am one of those people- this is more than capable vehicle- it's not like obx has 20's- still capable enough for anywhere i'll be realistically

Sponsored

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haters gotta hate...I ordered the OB for the simple reason I am not doing any heavy off roading and besides...I think it looks cool! I'll be "Mall Crawling" with the best of them!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It takes courage around here to know what you need and a stick with it. Everyone's going to tell you what they think you need. Stick to your guns.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What he said.

...also it’s incredibly annoying for the aftermarket world because the entire tire industry has E Load rated tires if you want 33 and up on an 18” rim. Why? Because they are mostly pick up trucks that have 18” rims and there’s a demand for heavier loads. Most off roader rigs have 17” rims and the tire options are endless in that size.
That was a major factor in why I switched from OB. Would have had to buy wheels and tires to upgrade to 33s.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haters gotta hate...I ordered the OB for the simple reason I am not doing any heavy off roading and besides...I think it looks cool! I'll be "Mall Crawling" with the best of them!
Nothing wrong with OB. I would like if it had a 33" option, like the Badlands wheels.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was a major factor in why I switched from OB. Would have had to buy wheels and tires to upgrade to 33s.
...and the 4.27 and the 4wd. Which once were 795 combined but changed to 795 each during a B&P update. That additional 795 (on top of wheels and tires) is what made me change from an “OBX on 33s” to OBX sas. I flirted with the Badlands in between but disliked the stark interior and that MGV has manual seats....amongst other things....to me the OBX Roast Sasquatch is the holy grail (with the exception of the FE black interior - but comes with delays and obviously you’re locked out if you didn’t order an FE from the get go). But of course I’m partial.
Sponsored

Last edited: