Sponsored

Why is picking out a color so hard? Anybody else struggle?

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was Area 51 vs Velocity Blue for me. Area 51 got the win since the dealer actually had one to sell and I wasn't patient enough to wait. Plus I wanted a new color from the Jeep. I still love the Velocity Blue. Favorite color for me.
Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? bronc vs jee
Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? bronc2
Sponsored

BroncoInMD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first one I saw was Cyber Orange and I loved it. I like most of the colors and especially Velocity Blue, but that’s the color of our Jeep. My Bronco won’t be built until February, but this photo is from my test drive this past summer.
Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? B6B250AB-7D17-49C4-B467-7B90E8801DD2

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was contemplating VB, but a coworker already has theirs and it's VB... So, there goes that...

tenor.gif

woahgrayson

Base
First Name
grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
i’d been waiting and saving for a long time to get a bronco and finally put my order in saturday, the only choice for me was eruption green.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The struggle is REAL! I started with AMB then got F***** and had to move build to MY22 and color was gone! Carbonized gray was next.... I drive around a lot for work and noticed how many white, silver / gray, black and red cars on the road and now the order is in with eruption green and have a vin and build week so I'm not changing ;)

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Orange is my fav color, so CO was my first choice. But it's not really the orange I would have picked. So while it's what has been, and still is, on every order I have placed while waiting for a VIN... I continue to waffle through EG, HPR, White, Silver and VB.

Ranks up there with always having BD w/mid on order I continue to waffle the idea of Base/BaseSquatch

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My initial decision was A51. Then I went through a phase of Race Red VS Rapid Red. Then I decided on Velocity Blue. Thought about Cyber Orange for a minute, then went and found a Ranger at a dealer in CO and didn't like it. Went back to A51 and that was the final decision. I get a lot of compliments on the color. Everyone asks "what color is that" and I always say, "It's called Area 51, but I have no idea what color it is".
I have received a crazy number of compliments on the A51 color - just seems to appeal to a wide range of people and looks great for an off-roader. I guess that's why I think it was the most popular color ordered from some earlier surveys here.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

cause they ditched AMB, that's why!!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been pretty lucky when picking a color, there is usually one that just jumps out at me. I was even luckier to get my AMB before it went bye bye.

04 Mustang - Dark Shadow grey
07 Mustang - Alloy
12 Focus Magnetic Grey
18 mazda6 soul red crystal metallic.
21 Bronco - AMB

All those colors first time I saw them just knew they were ones.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a roller coaster I've been on trying to pick a color. I originally started with Carb Gray. But since I am coming from a dark gray CX-5, I wanted something "more fun" so I changed it to Rapid Red. Ford says, not so fast.... pick something else. ok..... So then I started going back and forth between Eruption Green and Cactus Gray and have been torn since.

Now, I'm thinking of coming full circle back to to Carb Gray. I want it to look bad ass even with the OBX - MIC -SAS. I am definitely going to powdercoat the wheel rings black. Anybody else struggle this hard? I am going to hang on to this one for 10 years so I want to make sure it's right and I can't make up my damn mind.

Some pics I grabbed off this site for inspiration:
View attachment 257918
View attachment 257919
View attachment 257921
All of your options look great in the photos.

I went with the Carb Gray because of how nice it pairs with black. I'd love to buy an aftermarket shadow black hardtop one day down the road.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't struggle at all, for a couple of reasons.

1) I bought a Bronco off the lot
2) I'm colourblind :p

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was pretty bummed about Antimatter Blue being canceled. I didn't want Area 51 because everyone wants it and I'm very much a metallic paint kind of person. Eruption green is a bit to Michigan State for me so I decided to go for Hot Pepper Red, especially now since I saw that it has the Orange tint to it which makes it pretty cool. Drafting up a render of what it'd look like with unpainted fender flares and BFG KO2's sold it for me:

Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? tenor
Ha that is why my wife and all her EL, MI family like my eruption green order! Happy wife, happy life. I'm CU alum- go Buffs!!! but refuse to have another black vehicle. Would totally go for a gold color if available.

OP
OP
niterider006

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't struggle at all, for a couple of reasons.

1) I bought a Bronco off the lot
2) I'm colourblind :p
colorblind? lucky you!
Sorry, I have dark sense of humor!

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started with Cactus but I feel like that will look dated in a few years...very trendy these days...the pastel colors...Subarus all over are sporting them. I considered Iconic Silver but went with Carbon Grey. The contrast with the black SAS flares and the grey grill is perfect. Stealth-like. I'm adding matte black hockey stripes this week. Kapow!!!

Ford Bronco Why is picking out a color so hard?  Anybody else struggle? OurBronc
Sponsored