Sponsored

Why is the BB so much more than the Base?

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've looked at model comparison charts over and over, and I just don't get it. Everything good about the BB is just options. Real differences are leather wrapped wheel, rims and tires, more GOATs. What else am I missing?

Sure everyone says the mid package is such a great value... but you're paying 5k more for a vehicle with maybe $1000 worth of upgrades to allow you to get the "cheap" 1500 package

It's even worse for manual transmissions, as you can't get the rear locker or the mid package with the BB stick.

I guess what this rant is really getting at, is how do I add a towing receiver to the base I have ordered, because I refuse to pay 5600 for a towing package
Sponsored

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can definitely get manual transmission and rear locker on Big Bend.

The tiered pricing was clearly designed to promote the Bronco as starting at $28.5k.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since 2.7 and sas were a must, I couldn’t swing anything other than a base. Going up a trim level was going to cost me as much as the base, without SAS or 2.7. Seemed a bit high for not much of an upgrade.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess what this rant is really getting at, is how do I add a towing receiver to the base I have ordered, because I refuse to pay 5600 for a towing package
Search function is your friend.

Iron Oxide

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slave 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welcome to Market Segmentation 101.

Sure, the differences between Base and BB are somewhat superficial, but the marketing team at Ford are no dummies. If you want X option well shucks, looks like that's only available on Y trim. I would love 4A and the 360 camera, but I can live without them so I'm not moving up to BD or OBX.

Just gotta weigh how important the features you WANT are versus the ones you NEED

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For my needs, anything above a base seemed stupid. Sasquatch, V6, aux. switches are the only options on my 4 door.
Ill add leather and heated seats on my own and live happily ever after, with an extra $5k in my pocket. 😂

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
For my needs, anything above a base seemed stupid. Sasquatch, V6, aux. switches are the only options on my 4 door.
Ill add leather and heated seats on my own and live happily ever after, with an extra $5k in my pocket. 😂
Diddo here.
I am going after market rims and tires anyway. Didn't like any of the rims offered.
I seriously thought about the BB because of the 2-tone seats.
Than I saw an actual picture of a Base interior with the dark and light Gray and I liked it better.
I do want the capable bumper though. I'm a 2-door MIC 2.7 so I have some time to change my order. If I can't get the bumper I might still change to a BB.
Tow is $150.000 from Curt with hitch and wiring.
I don't like the OEM RB's.
I would like the tinted rear glass but I'm not paying $5000.00 for it.
$2500.00 gets me Tow, Rims, Tires and RB's. All my choice.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Diddo here.
I am going after market rims and tires anyway. Didn't like any of the rims offered.
I seriously thought about the BB because of the 2-tone seats.
Than I saw an actual picture of a Base interior with the dark and light Gray and I liked it better.
I do want the capable bumper though. I'm a 2-door MIC 2.7 so I have some time to change my order. If I can't get the bumper I might still change to a BB.
Tow is $150.000 from Curt with hitch and wiring.
I don't like the OEM RB's.
I would like the tinted rear glass but I'm not paying $5000.00 for it.
My hitch from curt was $106 and getting delivered today. My bronco is still a couple months out. Lol.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My hitch from curt was $106 and getting delivered today. My bronco is still a couple months out. Lol.
Yea, the curt wiring Is close to $50.00.
I already have my tires and rims. Ultra Rims and Cooper 285/70R17 AT3 XLT's.
I'm waiting for GoRhino to make the Dominator 1's for the 2-Door.
And I don't have my Bronco Either. lol
According to my wife I've already got Christmas, Anniversary and Birthday presents for next year.
If I can't get the capable bumper, I haven't told her yet, I'll probably go with the Diode Dynamics light package for the HD Modular Bumper. I'll also get the Curt tow package.
My purchased list includes.
Rear wheel cover, tires, rims, hub centric rings, TPMS sensors,
and a striping package.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My strategy as well... It seems like everyone with the higher packages/builds is customizing them anyway (which makes for a lot of 2nd hand parts). I plan to upgrade my base with new speakers, steps, & wheels (and maybe paint the BRONCO letters white). I already picked up a full set of 5 OB Tires/Wheels from an upgrader for $750. It just doesn't make sense to buy an upgraded package and then take everything off it.

Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reason I stayed away from the SAS Is I think 373 gears with the 2.7 and 10 speed auto will be just fine.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're right $5K for not much. You are really paying the BB tax for any trim above base, which is priced artificially low for "Under $30K " purposes. I liked the BB wheels, and grille best, access to colors (exterior and interior), available locker and my preferred gear ratio, the tint and leather bits are nice too. I figure it cost me $2K just for the privilege.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the same reason I will not be able to order a Base in Green..

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Because it has leather steering wheel! Another question is why is it around $200 MORE than the Black Diamond once you add the locker, mod bumper and rubber mats to bring it "close" to the same specs?
Sponsored