Sponsored

Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands?

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone with more experience than me will have to chime in. I think these wheels are fully capable to be converted to be a full beadlock wheel based purely on marking and cost (from other platforms) with the right aftermarket or parts department parts. I just think that from the factory, you get a beauty ring. I'm not an offroad or a serious racer so I haven't heard of or used beadlocks before.
Same here man. I’ve never ran beadlocks, never needed to and don’t want to start now, really.

I could see Ford going either way with this kind of stuff though, actual beadlocks or just beauty rings called beadlocks. ??
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here man. I’ve never ran beadlocks, never needed to and don’t want to start now, really.

I could see Ford going either way with this kind of stuff though, actual beadlocks or just beauty rings called beadlocks. ??
Yeah. Honestly, within a year I will probably swap my wheels out for some bronze Fuel Covert or bronze fifteen52 Turbomac HD wheels anyways.

Stock wheels never stay on for long.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m all about those Method wheel on the Cyber Orange 2 door on 37s. ?
Ken Block runs Turbomacs on his Gymkhana cars and fifteen52 came out with an offroad version for him that he has on his kick ass Raptor. If its good enough for Ken Block, it should be just fine for me! :p

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but then they can't justify the 5k upcharge....even though the price difference between 4.42 and 4.7 gearing is basically exactly ZERO. Installation is the same, gear cost is the same...

IF the $5k / $2.5k includes the auto, then OK. Not a bad option....EVEN THOUGH IT STILL SUCKS BECAUSE NO FUCKING MANUAL SQUATCH.
Geez, the Badlands is starting to look like the killer deal all of a sudden.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think the Sasquatch Pack includes the Auto, but requires it. Meaning you’re paying for the SAS and the 10spd.

Just give me black rings and don’t charge me for it. Although I do wonder something else. The info on the SAS wheels say “beadlock capable”, right? So do the rings even come with the SAS or is that an up charge as well and you only get the capability to put rings on your wheels?

Maybe the pessimist in me is taking over.
Y'all need a new acronym for sasquatch....SAS is a solid axle swap.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$2500 makes sense. You don't have to like it, but it makes sense.

$1895 for the rims. We know because they're the same as the Raptor.

So for $600 you get:
bigger tires
Fender flares
upgrade to 4.7 (yes, it really is a real upgrade, doesn't matter that it comes on the manual, it doesn't come on the auto, therefore it's an upgrade)
.6" of extra lift (not including tire height, check the spec sheet)
10mm of limited uptravel to prevent rubbing (because they probably couldn't sell you 35s otherwise)

Buy it. Don't buy it. Doesn't mean it's not a logical and defensible price. Because it is.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2500 makes sense. You don't have to like it, but it makes sense.

$1895 for the rims. We know because they're the same as the Raptor.

So for $600 you get:
bigger tires
Fender flares
upgrade to 4.7 (yes, it really is a real upgrade, doesn't matter that it comes on the manual, it doesn't come on the auto, therefore it's an upgrade)
.6" of extra lift (not including tire height, check the spec sheet)
10mm of limited uptravel to prevent rubbing (because they probably couldn't sell you 35s otherwise)

Buy it. Don't buy it. Doesn't mean it's not a logical and defensible price. Because it is.

No, it isn't. ;)
lol
/s

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not getting the squatch because I want the manual but the price on the badlands isn’t bad. Hell the price on it from base is pretty amazing. Go price out how much it would cost to re-gear, add front and rear lockers, add wheels and tires and then balance and align said wheels and tires. If you did that after market you are looking at way more than $5k.

Sasquatch from badlands is pretty good as well. $2,500 for 5 35’s and 5 headlock capable wheels. Plus fenders. That’s a no-brained if you already have the automatic.

Sponsored

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People keep thinking MSRP. Add on options are usually around 85% at invoice. True cost more like $2,250 for which you get 35s and beadlock capable without having to sell your stock 33s and bigger fenders without having to sell your stock fenders which likely don’t have a market for several years and you save two grand plus changing gears to 4.7 which may not seem like much over the stock gear ratio but as you get taller in tires it will matter if you want performance back.

Ultimately I’m going to 37s so 4.7 matters. All under warranty.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I'm on the fence when it comes to Sasquatch on my Badlands and the price will definitely be the deciding factor. Switching to AT already reduces the crawl ratio of the Badlands below 70:1. I'm not sure I see the off-roading benefit of that AND a 1" limiter all to slap on an additional 2" of rubber...

MT with a 2.7 is my dream package, but we'll just have to see if Ford is paying attention...

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not getting the squatch because I want the manual but the price on the badlands isn’t bad. Hell the price on it from base is pretty amazing. Go price out how much it would cost to re-gear, add front and rear lockers, add wheels and tires and then balance and align said wheels and tires. If you did that after market you are looking at way more than $5k.

Sasquatch from badlands is pretty good as well. $2,500 for 5 35’s and 5 headlock capable wheels. Plus fenders. That’s a no-brained if you already have the automatic.
This.

I don't disagree with folks who want the base and then make it there own. I think the Black Diamond may be the best overall bang for your buck off-roader in the Bronco lineup. With all that said though, I just feel like the Badlands gives you the best options.

A regular base Badlands gives you a lot (and all factory warrantied). You can have 33 inch all terrains or MTs from the factory. You have almost all of the Sasquatch package on it already. You have a disconnecting sway bar via a switch in the cabin. You have steel bumpers front and rear. You have the best skid plat/bash plate package right from the factory. You have tough vinyl seats and washout floors. Etc.

On top of ALL that you can opt to add all the way up to the Lux package if you want. You really have a lot of options in the Badlands trim, unless you want carpeted floors and/or a little nicer interior really.

I'm still planning to go 2 door Badlands with the 2.3L and manual transmission. Lux package, tow package, black painted hard top. I'll either run the 33's on it until they wear out and switch, or just immediately switch to a larger tire.

We'll have to see when these trucks are out in the real world, but I'm going to bet the bump stops to limit wheel travel are very likely not needed except to satisfy the lawyers at Ford. Even if you really do need them to make sure nothing rubs ever, I bet you could still change to something like a 285/75/17 tire, which puts the size almost perfectly at 34 inch tires instead of the Sasquatch 34.4 tires and that saves you that half inch that "might" rub.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs