Sponsored

Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands?

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Raptor beadlock capable wheels.
Thank you! So you can mount tires normally to beadlocks AND run them as beadlocks if you choose. Glad to hear it!!!
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree. I'm on the fence when it comes to Sasquatch on my Badlands and the price will definitely be the deciding factor. Switching to AT already reduces the crawl ratio of the Badlands below 70:1. I'm not sure I see the off-roading benefit of that AND a 1" limiter all to slap on an additional 2" of rubber...

MT with a 2.7 is my dream package, but we'll just have to see if Ford is paying attention...
10mm limiter. Not even close to an inch. And you gain 1.4" of ground clearance. Clearly it's a net positive. Not even close.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This.

I don't disagree with folks who want the base and then make it there own. I think the Black Diamond may be the best overall bang for your buck off-roader in the Bronco lineup. With all that said though, I just feel like the Badlands gives you the best options.

A regular base Badlands gives you a lot (and all factory warrantied). You can have 33 inch all terrains or MTs from the factory. You have almost all of the Sasquatch package on it already. You have a disconnecting sway bar via a switch in the cabin. You have steel bumpers front and rear. You have the best skid plat/bash plate package right from the factory. You have tough vinyl seats and washout floors. Etc.

On top of ALL that you can opt to add all the way up to the Lux package if you want. You really have a lot of options in the Badlands trim, unless you want carpeted floors and/or a little nicer interior really.

I'm still planning to go 2 door Badlands with the 2.3L and manual transmission. Lux package, tow package, black painted hard top. I'll either run the 33's on it until they wear out and switch, or just immediately switch to a larger tire.

We'll have to see when these trucks are out in the real world, but I'm going to bet the bump stops to limit wheel travel are very likely not needed except to satisfy the lawyers at Ford. Even if you really do need them to make sure nothing rubs ever, I bet you could still change to something like a 285/85/17 tire, which puts the size almost perfectly at 34 inch tires instead of the Sasquatch 34.4 tires and that saves you that half inch that "might" rub.
I feel like if you want the Manual transmission the Badlands is the best bang for your buck with the Black Diamond being a good choice as well.

If you want the 10 speed auto IMO the Base + Sasquatch is the best bang for your buck.

If creature comforts are important along with good off road capability then Wildtrak if your willing to pay the extra.

Me I don't care about all that tech stuff and nannies so I'm going Base + Sasquatch.

BC Bronc

Badlands
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundia Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not getting the squatch because I want the manual but the price on the badlands isn’t bad. Hell the price on it from base is pretty amazing. Go price out how much it would cost to re-gear, add front and rear lockers, add wheels and tires and then balance and align said wheels and tires. If you did that after market you are looking at way more than $5k.

Sasquatch from badlands is pretty good as well. $2,500 for 5 35’s and 5 headlock capable wheels. Plus fenders. That’s a no-brained if you already have the automatic.

But, it is a bad brainer if you were getting a manual but would live with an auto for the Squantch....you're now at $4100 , about 40% of which is shit you didn't want in the first place and 90% of the Squatch is already on the freaking truck (and your invoice).
Also, they are taking 5- 33's that you already paid for (invoiced) and not giving you squat in return, plus the rims.

Also , (for everyone else) do not bring up the cost of Raptor wheels unless you also bring up the cost of factory aluminum wheels, they are not cheep either!

Stop looking at it as "Ford is regearng this" or "aftermarket that"....You buying a used axle???

Go to an axle builder(Dana), blank sheet of paper, you want to build a brand new (M220?) locked axle, ask him to give you price if he builds it with 4.4 and a price for 4.7 ....the price wil be the same, at most a negligible $10/$20 amount.
Neither Ford or Dana is "Re-gearing" shit, they are building a brand new axle from scratch.

So , all in all, as usual, the guys who want a manual are getting screwed by Ford from every direction. I am now a firm believer in the conspiracy that manuals were phased out due to manufacturer ordering processes more so than customer demand.

It's all good though, I like 33's just fine... so this doesn't effect me and I get to keep my crawler gear....I just feel bad for the guys that really prefer the manual Badlands but MUST have the Squatch....they're about to get hosed for $4100.

Kinda shameful actually. In my humble, grumpy old-ish man opinion.

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But, it is a bad brainer if you were getting a manual but would live with an auto for the Squantch....you're now at $4100 , about 40% of which is shit you didn't want in the first place and 90% of the Squatch is already on the freaking truck (and your invoice).
Also, they are taking 5- 33's that you already paid for (invoiced) and not giving you squat in return, plus the rims.

Also , (for everyone else) do not bring up the cost of Raptor wheels unless you also bring up the cost of factory aluminum wheels, they are not cheep either!

Stop looking at it as "Ford is regearng this" or "aftermarket that"....You buying a used axle???

Go to an axle builder(Dana), blank sheet of paper, you want to build a brand new (M220?) locked axle, ask him to give you price if he builds it with 4.4 and a price for 4.7 ....the price wil be the same, at most a negligible $10/$20 amount.
Neither Ford or Dana is "Re-gearing" shit, they are building a brand new axle from scratch.

So , all in all, as usual, the guys who want a manual are getting screwed by Ford from every direction. I am now a firm believer in the conspiracy that manuals were phased out due to manufacturer ordering processes more so than customer demand.

It's all good though, I like 33's just fine... so this doesn't effect me and I get to keep my crawler gear....I just feel bad for the guys that really prefer the manual Badlands but MUST have the Squatch....they're about to get hosed for $4100.

Kinda shameful actually. In my humble, grumpy old-ish man opinion.
Well you have two options. Pay ford a lesser price or pay a much higher price aftermarket. I think their price is reasonable. Hell a lot of people here were thinking that it was going to be $8k.

The price is good but it doesn’t make sense for me. I would rather run my tires down and then choose my own wheels and tires. Plus I want the manual anyway.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! So you can mount tires normally to beadlocks AND run them as beadlocks if you choose. Glad to hear it!!!
those rings are $170 per ring online or $250 from the dealer. So for 5 rings its $850-1250 since the rings dont come with the wheels since they arnt DOT approved

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been my plan for a while now. Get a Badlands 2-door with the 2.3L, manual transmission, Lux Package, Tow Package, painted black top. I'll swap out the 33 inch all terrains almost immediately for 285/75/17 all terrain tires. That will put me super close in tire height to the Sasquatch package anyway and I really don't foresee there being any clearance issues with that tire size. Only thing is my speedometer will be slightly off.
How big a difference height-wise do you think the 285/75/17 tires will add?

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How big a difference height-wise do you think the 285/75/17 tires will add?
Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 6.19.19 PM

Roughly an inch of tire height. About half an inch of ride height. Sidewalls go from 7.85 on the regular Badlands tire to 8.42 on the 285/75/17 replacement. Overall tire height difference will be just over an inch.

Keep in mind the 35 inch tires on the Sasquatch package are 315/70/17 sized tires, which means they're about 34.4 tall, about a half inch shy of 35.

My guess is 285/75/17 tires could be placed on regular badlands rims and you're not going to need the bump stops from the Sasquatch package that limit travel. At the same time, you'd be really, really close to the same height as the Sasquatch package tires, but visibly narrower, which I personally like.

I'm thinking about doing this with my Badlands. Splits the difference on height pretty much and I don't have to have the really wide fender flares.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for sharing, had not see that article. I signed the petition. Fingers crossed that Ford engineering is taking the feedback to heart.
We wont see it in 2021 or 2022. Maybe 2023, if at all.

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 6.19.19 PM

Roughly an inch of tire height. About half an inch of ride height. Sidewalls go from 7.85 on the regular Badlands tire to 8.42 on the 285/75/17 replacement. Overall tire height difference will be just over an inch.

Keep in mind the 35 inch tires on the Sasquatch package are 315/70/17 sized tires, which means they're about 34.4 tall, about a half inch shy of 35.

My guess is 285/75/17 tires could be placed on regular badlands rims and you're not going to need the bump stops from the Sasquatch package that limit travel. At the same time, you'd be really, really close to the same height as the Sasquatch package tires, but visibly narrower, which I personally like.

I'm thinking about doing this with my Badlands. Splits the difference on height pretty much and I don't have to have the really wide fender flares.
I considered the same, but wasn't wild about the tire selection in 285/75.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I considered the same, but wasn't wild about the tire selection in 285/75.
Yeah the pickings are slimmer but I like BFG KO2s and they come in that size. So do Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Falken Wildpeaks so I was cool with those options. I think Toyo ATs come in that size too.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the info! I'm a novice with this stuff. Do you think you could also get wider tires on the Badlands without needing the bump stops too?

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the info! I'm a novice with this stuff. Do you think you could also get wider tires on the Badlands without needing the bump stops too?
Certainly possible. The bump stops would have more to do with tire height. Tire width issues usually cause rubbing inside the wheel well when turning, and can often be solved with aftermarket wheels that have a different offset.

Last edited: