Sponsored

Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands?

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the pickings are slimmer but I like BFG KO2s and they come in that size. So do Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Falken Wildpeaks so I was cool with those options. I think Toyo ATs come in that size too.
My concern was the load rating availability even more so than which tire models. I really feel like Es are going to be too much for the vehicle and i thought most everything in that size is E.

EDIT: Thanks for the list! I'll check it out again. Lord knows I have time to think about it:p
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s already got most of the suspension, both lockers, upgraded front axle, bumpers, and bash plates. At that point you’re pretty much paying for tires and beadlock wheels.
This. It’s 2500.00 for the wheels and tires, and less suspension travel. Hence why my badlands will be sporting 33” tires. I like the look on the two door non sasquatch anyway. Saves me some cashola.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly possible. The bump stops would have more to do with tire height. Tire width issues usually cause rubbing inside the wheel well when turning, and can often be solved with aftermarket wheels that have a different offset.
Or a good set of spacers like spidertrax

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. It’s 2500.00 for the wheels and tires, and less suspension travel. Hence why my badlands will be sporting 33” tires. I like the look on the two door non sasquatch anyway. Saves me some cashola.
I think I'll be able to get a set of 35x12.5 tires in the brand I want for under $1k or so net for five tires after I sell or trade in my 33 take off tires from the stock badlands. This is my plan. And I actually like the badlands stock rims look as much or better than the squatch beadlock ready ones. 4.56 gears are good enough for me. Hell think of all the wranglers running around on 3.73 and 4.10 gears already.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How big a difference height-wise do you think the 285/75/17 tires will add?
I've been browsing this idea tonight as I really think the 285/70/17 are just too narrow in look. My truck has the 285/75/16's and those look good and I imagine that is a good compromise between squatch and stock badlands tire. That being said I think there may be an even larger tire size but smaller than squatch that might look/fit even better. Thoughts?

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you are patient, there will be takeoffs of the Sasq beadlocks available from people who 'upgraded' their wheels for a lot less than 2500...ebay hunting.

If these are forged and not cast, they are expensive and worth it, for hard offroading, IMO.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been browsing this idea tonight as I really think the 285/70/17 are just too narrow in look. My truck has the 285/75/16's and those look good and I imagine that is a good compromise between squatch and stock badlands tire. That being said I think there may be an even larger tire size but smaller than squatch that might look/fit even better. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that the overall height and width are essential the same. The only difference would be that the sidewall of the tire is larger by half an inch, is that the difference you are talking about when using 'narrow'? The sidewall height and not the width?
Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? Screenshot_20201125-040630

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s some size comparisons between the 285 and 315’s.
Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? 12C2BBCB-7CD4-43DD-A6B4-A54F9991AA83
Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? F3CA46EE-F504-4D34-94B6-F0A890E342F4
Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? 4533B8CA-1C99-4BBA-9E86-5D4336BD0CF8

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are that the overall height and width are essential the same. The only difference would be that the sidewall of the tire is larger by half an inch, is that the difference you are talking about when using 'narrow'? The sidewall height and not the width?
Ford Bronco Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands? 4533B8CA-1C99-4BBA-9E86-5D4336BD0CF8
I would use the 285/75/17 not 16.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Base+Sasquatch is for your hardcore, experienced off-roader who has been doing this for years.

Improving their vehicle is a hobby and they likely have most if not accessibility to all the tool necessary to make their Base+Sasquatch into exactly what they want / need.

Most people who are just getting into the hobby and go Base+Sasquatch are either:

A) just want a cheap Bronco that looks cool

OR

B) Are signing up for a lot of chores

Besides limited to a handful of mediocre colors (and VB - which you can expect a ton of), you will need to research, price, make appointments and wait (both for installation and for the market to catch up) for at least some of the following:

Skid Plates
Lights
Tow-package
Rock Rails
Push Bar
Cameras
Seat Covers
Any extras you can think of

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm paying for some convenience - by eliminating research, pricing, wait time and availability in some areas.

I am also going aftermarket once I "know" what I really want vs piling on things I 'think" I will need. No extra lights, bull bar, cameras, etc for me. I'll go after-market in 2022-2024 if it turns out I really want them and I can get something I really like the style of.

I've nothing against the "Base+Sasquatch" plan that many seem to tout, but I think that is best for drivers who make fixing and customizing a vehicle an established hobby. I know right now, I'm way too busy to spend a weekend I could be mudding, messing around with a wiring harness to get a light to turn on correctly.

My opinion, not yours - not meant to offend.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base+Sasquatch is for your hardcore, experienced off-roader who has been doing this for years.

Improving their vehicle is a hobby and they likely have most if not accessibility to all the tool necessary to make their Base+Sasquatch into exactly what they want / need.

Most people who are just getting into the hobby and go Base+Sasquatch are either:

A) just want a cheap Bronco that looks cool

OR

B) Are signing up for a lot of chores

Besides limited to a handful of mediocre colors (and VB - which you can expect a ton of), you will need to research, price, make appointments and wait (both for installation and for the market to catch up) for at least some of the following:

Skid Plates
Lights
Tow-package
Rock Rails
Push Bar
Cameras
Seat Covers
Any extras you can think of

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm paying for some convenience - by eliminating research, pricing, wait time and availability in some areas.

I am also going aftermarket once I "know" what I really want vs piling on things I 'think" I will need. No extra lights, bull bar, cameras, etc for me. I'll go after-market in 2022-2024 if it turns out I really want them and I can get something I really like the style of.

I've nothing against the "Base+Sasquatch" plan that many seem to tout, but I think that is best for drivers who make fixing and customizing a vehicle an established hobby. I know right now, I'm way too busy to spend a weekend I could be mudding, messing around with a wiring harness to get a light to turn on correctly.

My opinion, not yours - not meant to offend.
To be clear Base HD bumper option has skid plate- Rock Rails is an option- AUX switches. Problem solved

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On their own yes.. But you're "replacing" components that the car would otherwise come with, so in theory you're only paying the additional cost compared to the tires and wheels it comes with
Sponsored