Sponsored

Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands?

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2500 is cheap to about right range IMO. Those 35’s are expensive tires, and once you pay for the bead lock wheels and lift kit + labor it would probably be more after market.
Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone reading so much into a survey. I bet those $$$ change based on the results.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2500 is cheap to about right range IMO. Those 35’s are expensive tires, and once you pay for the bead lock wheels and lift kit + labor it would probably be more after market.
I agree that the price range is probably about right considering the assumed cost of the wheels themselves (factory beadlock capable wheels cost a fortune), but you shouldn't have to lift stock Badlands suspension to fit 35's. The issue is the fender flares.

Something I was thinking about is throwing 35's on myself and just running no flares off road to clear the 35's without rubbing. Pretty pumped they are supposed to be so easy to take on and off. On road will probably be fine unless you hit a major pothole. I have seen Jeep guys clear 37's with no lift on the JK's. It just rubs like crazy on the fender flares.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wheels are forged vs cast and beadlock capable. That's a huge part of that amount. Several hundred dollars per wheel even at the volumes Ford can order them. A couple hundred dollars in just offering a larger tire size. A couple hundred more in the flares. You get the better gearing. And some software upgrades to do awesome Squatchy things.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seams very steep if you ask me!! The only reason I’m interested in the Sasquatch package is gearing.

Spacers are an add (pennies)
tires are a swap (a few more dollars for bigger rubber)
Gearing is a swap
Bead locks wheels (slightly more but I’ll prolly change them anyway)

so WTF....?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will squatch it and purchase shorter after market bump stops.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the prorating on the Sasquatch is a bit lacking in aggression honestly. For example, the base is $5k and the black diamond is $4500. The prorating is due to the black diamond already having a rear locker, and coming with nicer wheels and tires. To me however, it seems like Ford isn’t prorating tires/wheels at all which honestly doesn’t make sense. The 32’s that come on the BD and 33’s with the badlands are significantly more expensive than the base 16” Steelies and 30’s. Also, the OBX is exactly the same as a base to upgrade to Sasquatch, truly showing that the prorate doesn’t take into account tire and wheel choice.

I think that in the final build there will be a bit more aggressive prorating to make it better for badlands and BD owners. I think $1500 for the badlands and $4k for the BD would be a bit more reasonable.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the prorating on the Sasquatch is a bit lacking in aggression honestly. For example, the base is $5k and the black diamond is $4500. The prorating is due to the black diamond already having a rear locker, and coming with nicer wheels and tires. To me however, it seems like Ford isn’t prorating tires/wheels at all which honestly doesn’t make sense. The 32’s that come on the BD and 33’s with the badlands are significantly more expensive than the base 16” Steelies and 30’s. Also, the OBX is exactly the same as a base to upgrade to Sasquatch, truly showing that the prorate doesn’t take into account tire and wheel choice.

I think that in the final build there will be a bit more aggressive prorating to make it better for badlands and BD owners. I think $1500 for the badlands and $4k for the BD would be a bit more reasonable.
I agree. And that has been my issue with the prices.

Sponsored

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if we’ll be able to select the beadlock ring color when Sasquatching our Bronco? Powder coating the rings wouldn’t be a big deal, but still a hassle. I’m really not a fan of multiple colors/finishes on wheels. $2500 for beadlocks, a set of five 35” tires, and 4.7 gears makes sense I guess, but I don’t want to pay for something I don’t want as far as those wheels go.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we forgetting that the squach also buys you a 10 speed automatic. Isn't the auto a $1500 option? So a BL Squach is technically a grand for 35"s, 4.70's and beadlocks.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Squatch might be worth it if you like the hardware from Ford but I'll personally save the money and get the wheels and rubber I prefer. I also want to lift the rig further for 37 or maybe 38s fitment. Aftermarket offerings will be numerous and better quality. So without getting this package, I'm out gears (minimal impact IMO that can be upgraded later) and wide fenders that I can buy separately.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are not the prices, they are straw dogs to see how many people bite on each option at that price. The only correct response to the survey is NO I will not buy that option at that price. They aren't taking the Sasquatch package away if you said no, just maybe they price it lower.
Sponsored