Sponsored

why is the swaybar disconnect said not to be on the wildtrax?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Orionpco

Wildtrak
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
taco, jeep and prius
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck with that.

I have an '08 with 30K on it.
Lol... good luck with that... almost like you know whats its like to fight off the mod virus.

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not looking to dispute the previous opinions because I agree that you won't "need" the sway disconnect for less challenging trails, but I did want offer my experience.

We are on the trails 2-3 weekends a month in the late spring and summer. We run anything from easy ghost town runs to hang with our Jeep friends to difficult trails that require an experienced spotter and a fairly built rig to traverse.

While the less technical trails could easily be traversed without a sway disconnect, once they start getting beat up and bumpy, I almost always disconnect the sway for comfort. On the JK, this requires being in 4wd so the computer will allow you to disconnect as well as being below the 18-20 mph speed threshold. I wish I could disconnect n 2wd but that is not how it is programmed.

On really bumpy (but easy) trails, there is a noticeable difference in ride comfort.. This is with the tires already aired down and I imagine it would be more noticeable when aired all the way up.

Again, not disputing what is "needed", just adding another perspective.

One of the reasons my WT reservation will likely turn into an optioned out BadSquach.

Last edited:

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Graphics and special editions aren't what I'm looking for. I want every option from day one so I don't feel the need to modify the vehicle.
I am pretty much in the same camp as you. I want it fully loaded, with factory installed lockers front and rear, and sport and baja mode. I won't be a hard core offroader I can give up rock crawl mode, and sway bar disconnects, but not sport or baja mode. Other than being forced into the Sasquatch package the wildtrak is the perfect model for me, as it gives me everything other than swaybar disconnect, and rock crawl mode

If I go Badlands I loose sport mode, If I go outerbanks I loose front locker, baja mode and lower gear ratio

Last edited:
OP
OP

Orionpco

Wildtrak
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
taco, jeep and prius
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. We are on the same page.

Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even though I won't do much offroading, If Badlands offered Sport mode, it would solve all our problems. Other than no carpet or fog lights if it had sport mode it would give me everything I or anyone could want. I would have all the goat modes, and a choice of 33's or 35's
Adding fog lights and carpet is easy, adding a missing sport mode for the street might be impossible. Having a sway bar disconnect, and rock crawl mode wouldn't hurt anything even though I"ll probably never need them.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though I won't do much offroading, If Badlands offered Sport mode, it would solve all our problems. Other than no carpet or fog lights if it had sport mode it would give me everything I or anyone could want. I would have all the goat modes, and a choice of 33's or 35's
Adding fog lights and carpet is easy, adding a missing sport mode for the street might be impossible. Having a sway bar disconnect, and rock crawl mode wouldn't hurt anything even though I"ll probably never need them.
If you stick with the manual, you won’t need sport mode. You can change gears whenever you see fit. If you want auto, use the Baja mode. As stated by another user who has a raptor with the 3.5, whom I can’t remember his handle, Baja mode is like sport mode on crack. He rendered sport mode useless when he had Baja mode for the streets.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you stick with the manual, you won’t need sport mode. You can change gears whenever you see fit. If you want auto, use the Baja mode. As stated by another user who has a raptor with the 3.5, whom I can’t remember his handle, Baja mode is like sport mode on crack. He rendered sport mode useless when he had Baja mode for the streets.
Yes I saw that post
I want the 10 speed, my C63s has normal, sport, sport plus, and race, I never use normal but there are times I like sport better than sport plus. While I really want a Bronco if I can't have the choice of sport and baja I will cancel my reservation. I want a Bronco, I don't need a Bronco

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I saw that post
I want the 10 speed, my C63s has normal, sport, sport plus, and race, I never use normal but there are times I like sport better than sport plus. While I really want a Bronco if I can't have the choice of sport and baja I will cancel my reservation. I want a Bronco, I don't need a Bronco
Well hopefully ford tunes the bronco auto with eco as the normal, normal as the sport, and Baja as the sport plus!

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like mentioned earlier the Wildtrak is intended to be the desert runner not the rock crawler. The lack of an automatic sway bar disconnect lowers articulation but so does the sasquatch package. Also its not that big of a deal guys. You can always install some manual disconnects for way cheaper. There will be plenty of aftermarket options, you don't have to get an automated sway bar disconnect from Ford.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have gathered that the swaybar disconnect is not available on the wildtrax bronco, is that true and why?
swaybar is only offered on the badlands & FE. Wlidtrack is designed to be a desert runner and there is really no need for a swayer disconnect (increased articulation) on a desert runner.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I reserved a Wildtrak, but I kind of go back and forth between it and the badsquatch.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like mentioned earlier the Wildtrak is intended to be the desert runner not the rock crawler. The lack of an automatic sway bar disconnect lowers articulation but so does the sasquatch package. Also its not that big of a deal guys. You can always install some manual disconnects for way cheaper. There will be plenty of aftermarket options, you don't have to get an automated sway bar disconnect from Ford.
I’m seriously considering changing to the Wildtrak for this very purpose as I really want both the sport and Baja modes. The aftermarket will quickly jump on a manual sway bar disco that I can upgrade to. For all the non-Rubicon JLs and JKs there are several aftermarket options for manual sway bar discos from $250 to $400.

Plus I would rather pick my own aftermarket steel front (with wench) and rear bumpers, rock sliders, and under body armor!

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not looking to dispute the previous opinions because I agree that you won't "need" the sway disconnect for less challenging trails, but I did want offer my experience.

We are on the trails 2-3 weekends a month in the late spring and summer. We run anything from easy ghost town runs to hang with our Jeep friends to difficult trails that require an experienced spotter and a fairly built rig to traverse.

While the less technical trails could easily be traversed with a sway disconnect, once they start getting beat up and bumpy, I almost always disconnect the sway for comfort. On the JK, this requires being in 4wd so the computer will allow you to disconnect as well as being below the 18-20 mph speed threshold. I wish I could disconnect n 2wd but that is not how it is programmed.

On really bumpy (but easy) trails, there is a noticeable difference in ride comfort.. This is with the tires already aired down and I imagine it would be more noticeable when aired all the way up.

Again, not disputing was is "needed", just adding another perspective.

One of the reasons my WT reservation will likely turn into an optioned out BadSquach.
Except the Bronco has IFS. I've never ridden in a Rubi but a 4Runner is significantly more comfortable than a lifted JLU Sport in that situation in my experience. Suspension tuning makes a difference though, it's hard to know until someone with experience and a willingness to be critical (ie., not all auto journalists qualify) hits the trail.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WT & FE comes with Sasquatch as standard.

BL comes with most of Sasquatch as standard.

WT & FE comes with 2.7 and Automatic trans standard.

BL comes with 2.3 and Manual Trans as standard.
Yes I know I was talking about non options
Sponsored