Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saw 2020 Toyota Sequoia Review from Redline, he said its a Dinosaur costing 65k and nothing exciting about this compared to the other Full Size SUVs like Expedition and Yukon/Tahoe are better. But there are many people will still buy this Behemoth just for the Reliability..

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think Toyota's gonna use the B58 or whatever that BMW engine is in the next gen/FJ? Will they offer stick?

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's all we got, cause it'll be another 10 years before they release another FJ xD

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The current 4Runner engine and transmission are indestructible.

Toyota doesn't want to address common issues with the ancient frame that limit how much of a lift you can put on it or how the front body mount encroaches on the wheel well.

A shorter overall wheelbase with a body meant to address approach and departure shortcomings and a high clearance suspension would go a long way.

Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved an FJ Cruiser and took delivery in the first week it was out. Drove it for 6 years and was my best new vehicle purchase. Bullet proof, fun to drive and loved it for all of its' quirks. Far and away the biggest gamble that Toyota has made in a long time. The design was a love it or hate it and the Toyota purists hated it for the IFS. The IFS IMHO was the best part of the design.

I'm new to this forum and I'm equally excited about the return of the Bronco. It's interesting to hear some of the negativity on why some feel that Ford fell short. My biggest concern for the new Bronco is its' reliability.
I had a 2010 black FJ that I drove for 6 years. Absolutely loved it and it was dead reliable. I too am hoping the Bronco will be as reliable. ???

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw 2020 Toyota Sequoia Review from Redline, he said its a Dinosaur costing 65k and nothing exciting about this compared to the other Full Size SUVs like Expedition and Yukon/Tahoe are better. But there are many people will still buy this Behemoth just for the Reliability..

I like green but.... ?

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love hearing about perceived reliability with Toyota. Go look behind a decent sizedtoyota dealers service department. Check out all the frames in the trash and the brand new frames sitting, waiting to go into trucks. If you don't believe me, go to Kings Toyota in Mason Ohio and see for yourself. I personally had Toyota buy back multiple vehicles from me. A Camry with "slugging" issues, a 1998 4runner for frame rot, and a tundra that had the motor go within 450 miles. Toyota is living on a reputation that they built years ago. I was a yota fanboy many years ago. They lost me as a customer. MY 2012 F150 has 160k trouble free miles...just oil, tires, brakes, and plugs. Nothing else. So I would say other than the issues with the crappy "sync" systems in early ford products, there isn't much to worry about so far for me.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has a 4runner and it is getting traded in for the 4dr Bronco. I hate the 4runner. It is cramped inside, outdated and underpowered. As others have said, boring even in TRD form, especially when compared to the new Bronco.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't read all six pages of this thread so forgive me if there was more information, but what was "wrong" about the FJ? I liked them and mostly liked driving one we had in stock used. The FJ, to me, seems dimensionally and functionally the same as the Bronco. It was the first car I thought of when I saw it, actually, and part of why I plan to get one as I never owned a Bronco nor liked the late year models.

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a 2020 4Runner TRD Pro in Army Green. For 51K, it still rocks halogen headlamps (rectified for 2021), a 5 speed auto, and a v6 that dates back to 2003. It is outdated and overpriced for what it is. Yet, many people still love it. Why? Because it holds onto a simpler era of midsize body on frame SUVs that are all but gone.. The lifted cars and three-row lifted station wagons that call themselves SUVs have taken over the market. Almost everything is called an SUV, though in name only. These are SUV posers. The 4Runner is no poser. It is in a class alone. It is a dinosaur that should be extinct. It is old-school, and there is nothing else like it still being sold. It's the SUV equivalent to a Harley.
Sponsored