First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was set on the BD, then thought about BL because of the 33s and options for the painted hard top because u can’t get that on the BD, then looking at the wildtrak I’m really debating on getting that with no other options..
Seems like good value to me
I'm in this same boat. Main reason for going w/ BD was the washout floors. Sounds like a small thing but that to me just sounds so much MORE amazing than carpeted flooring. But build and price will reveal all hopefully soon.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It doesn't have sway bar disconnect though right? Im also surprised that it doesn't have the weather proof interior.
Ford has already stated that the Wildtrack is targeted for baja racing, sand, dunes and higher speed offroad events. So it's kitted out for people who live and/or will be driving in those environments.

You don't need sway bar disconnect or weather proof interior in those situations. If it's the base for people to do offroad racing, then they won't have an open cockpit either.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has already stated that the Wildtrack is targeted for baja racing, sand, dunes and higher speed offroad events. So it's kitted out for people who live and/or will be driving in those environments. You don't need sway bar disconnect or weather proof interior in those situations. If it's the base for people to do offroad racing, then they won't have an open cockpit either.
Don't understand why you wouldn't want weather proof interior for sand dunes. All that sand inside the car screams for it to be hosed out to me. :unsure:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

V6, auto, Squatch, mid package and modular hard top standard on the Wildtrak vs the Badlands. My best guesstimate is that a Badlands with those same options will be a $2-3k premium over the Wildtrak to account for the steel bumpers, rock rails, skid plates and disconnects. Almost all the other differences are a wash.

Sponsored

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Front steel bumpers and bash plates is an option on the wildtrak

1598290767367.png
I'm leaning towards WT and will get aftermarket aluminum armour installed. Greenlane Offroad in British Columbia does some amazing aluminum work for Taco's. They did my buddy's and I will probably let them use my Bronco as a test vehicle. For us Northern Canadian folk, steel is just too prone to rusting if the paint is damaged.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
He said Base + Sasquatch though
Still has the 2 additional GOAT modes over the base.

I think we can all agree all of the Bronco models will be plenty off road capable, even more so when Sasquatch is added.

The only difference then will be the GOAT modes and how much they actually help.

In the end it essentially comes down to pick the right tool for the job.

T-Bone08

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been going back and forth on these two options, with same question as @BroncoMan13. I've decided I def. want MT, so BL gets you "close" to a SAS package, which cannot be ordered with a MT. Down the line, will consider a tune on the 2.3L (mentioned in a different thread). Like everyone, can't wait to see the build & price config. to confirm the cost of a black painted hardtop option on the BL.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was set on the BD, then thought about BL because of the 33s and options for the painted hard top because u can’t get that on the BD, then looking at the wildtrak I’m really debating on getting that with no other options..
Seems like good value to me
Id prob get leather if stand alone.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A good powdercoat will protect steel. BUT yeah aluminum is light and I would rather do aluminum.

There is one issue to consider. Depending what sensor is built into the oem bumper, you will have to either build a bumper that can accommodate them or you will have to relocate them.

I have a 2019 Raptor with adaptive cruise control and I am running an aftermarket bumper so I had to relocate the sensor .. which was the worst part of the install.

I'm leaning towards WT and will get aftermarket aluminum armour installed. Greenlane Offroad in British Columbia does some amazing aluminum work for Taco's. They did my buddy's and I will probably let them use my Bronco as a test vehicle. For us Northern Canadian folk, steel is just too prone to rusting if the paint is damaged.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands is the "rubicon fighter". U CAN still order a brand new rubicon w/manual trans. Thats why badlands is packaged the way it is...and I'm thankful. Had the Bronco never happened I would have bought a rubicon, so badlands checks all the boxes for me!

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you guys feel the Wildtrak us worh the $7k more with the options it comes with?
It has 35 over 33's and beadlock capable rims in painted black which are a bump up from the rims on the Badlands. It has drains under the carpeted floor, but they aren't the nice ones like the Badlands get, no rubber floors. You have the Shadow Black painted hard top which is an upgrade even over the body colored top as well as painted mirrors and grill. The 2.7L and 10 speed are probably $2k or so of an upgrade. The Mid package is going to be a solid jump in price, guessing $3k. So $7k seems about right. 2 door is $48,875 and my guess is a Badlands with the 2.7L, 10 speed, mid package, Squatch, and Painted roof is gonna be $51-$52k. If its at all close to $49k, everyone will just buy the Badlands and update it to Wildtrak features.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think when you compair the 2 it comes down to which package is most important to your needs. I would probably go Badlands especially since Sasquatch probably won't be a huge price jump being that it has 95% of it already.
My sole reason for going BL is the front sway bar disco.
Sponsored