Sponsored

Why isn’t Ford just releasing the Bronco as MY22?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I don't want a 22 if they can deliver them in 21. I want a 1964 1/2, and if I have to wait for 22MY, I'm out completely.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Simple: it pushes everyone back.

The problem is there simply aren't good answers that fit everyone.

I'm not thrilled with how things have gone, but I'd hate for the to push everyone back another 7-9 months.

If you mean just calling them all a MY22, I don't see the benefit.
Why does it have to push anyone back. If Ford wants to start producing 2022’s in June- they certainly can. The benefit is 1. First edition owners deserve a first year “ special” vehicle. As of now they are getting an inferior piece of crap that is not worth 60,000 plus. 2. The more basic models can still be built as planned yet this year. 3- all owners who have paid high bucks for the Bronco they have waited for still get a first year model AND 4. Because some new 2022 features will be available you will have more satisfied Bronco owner. I don’t know about you but I would want as many new edition Bronco owners LOVING their Broncos not just settling to get a compromise.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honest question I hope someone can explain to me...

Im confused about what people mean when they ask this question.

Some people make it sound like they think Ford shouldn’t release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with. Is it that even though they’ll have a Bronco made during MY21 production, they want to call it a MY22?

So my question is:

When people say that Ford should just make all Broncos MY22, what do they mean, and what’s the benefit?
I have the same question.

I don't understand how calling Job 1 MY22 affects anything here if production is starting at the same time. If changing everything to MY22 coincides with pushing Job 1 back that definitely makes no sense and that ships sailed.

Ford wants these out on the road ASAP as much as we do.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... The benefit is 1. First edition owners deserve a first year “ special” vehicle. As of now they are getting an inferior piece of crap that is not worth 60,000 plus...
There's no difference in the vehicle, it's not inferior or crap because it's a 2021???

Sponsored

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Big picture...They’re in the business to sell cars. Too much invested to push to 2022. If they decide to call first year models 2022’s, fine! 2021 1/2’s, cool...it’s been done before. Either way, they will be building and selling units by summer this year.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honest question I hope someone can explain to me...

Im confused about what people mean when they ask this question.

Some people make it sound like they think Ford shouldn’t release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with. Is it that even though they’ll have a Bronco made during MY21 production, they want to call it a MY22?

So my question is:

When people say that Ford should just make all Broncos MY22, what do they mean, and what’s the benefit?
Some of us remember a 1964 1/2 car called the mustang . Wouldn’t that make the 2021 1/2 BRONCO something special. Just a thought.

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Model year 2021 1/2 is super cool. But we need a poll to prove it.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
  1. Titling the vehicles as 2022 doesn't push anyone back. 2022 vehicles by law could be produced starting January 1, 2021. Production could start as planned, with only the model year and the year designation on the VIN changing.
  2. This would allow the FE customers to get their MOD tops without violating the "has to be built in the first model year" issue.
  3. 1964.5 Mustangs weren't a real thing. These were titled as 1965 model year vehicles and had 1965 VINs. In today's Ford parlance, the "64.5's" would be considered Job 1 1965 models and the "65's" would be considered Job 2.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be the biggest solid they could do for all the loyal reservation holders.

So as people buying brand new MY22 vehicles from other manufacturers drive their brand new MY22 vehicles off the lots, loyal Bronco reservation holders aren’t still waiting to pick up and drive their MY21s off the lots.

Not sure why Ford is so hell-bent on releasing a brand new vehicle as the previous model year.

Edit: Not only that, but it would completely resolve the issue of people getting the tops they want. First Edition reservation holders could get the MOD top by just waiting a bit extra (instead of being forced into the MIC top) and still be released as a first year MY22 First Edition.
This is the smartest most logical post I read in a long time and I’m all for it just make all of our reservations my 22 and add the army green color rumored and the white top all bells and whistles instead of rushing my21 and it being half ass release

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And if mod tops don't show up in 2022??

If this is primarily about depreciation, I don't think it's significant. Buy a Tacoma if that's your concern.

Maybe ya'll playin fourth dimensional chess or something.....I don't get it.