Sponsored

Why isn’t Ford just releasing the Bronco as MY22?

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure I am even getting a 2021 (day 2 reservation but 7/15 time stamp) but those that want to wait, wait. Bad business for Ford just to make them MY22. You would have a lot of pissed off 2021 reservation holders. I am sure many of them would walk. I have a feeling many of us are going to end up with a MY22 anyway.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not sure I am even getting a 2021 (day 2 reservation but 7/15 time stamp) but those that want to wait, wait. Bad business for Ford just to make them MY22. You would have a lot of pissed off 2021 reservation holders. I am sure many of them would walk. I have a feeling many of us are going to end up with a MY22 anyway.
True- but 2021 reservation holders still get theirs sooner ( this year) and if Ford experiences any more problems- it would soften that blow.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
64 1/2 Mustang

Why not produce all the FE's and call them 21 1/2. Then build the rest as '22. I can wait for my BD.
This^

Why does it have to push anyone back. If Ford wants to start producing 2022’s in June- they certainly can. The benefit is 1. First edition owners deserve a first year “ special” vehicle. As of now they are getting an inferior piece of crap that is not worth 60,000 plus. 2. The more basic models can still be built as planned yet this year. 3- all owners who have paid high bucks for the Bronco they have waited for still get a first year model AND 4. Because some new 2022 features will be available you will have more satisfied Bronco owner. I don’t know about you but I would want as many new edition Bronco owners LOVING their Broncos not just settling to get a compromise.
Even if Ford starts producing them all as 22s in June some of the features would still be late availability. That's why some are getting pushed to 22

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This^

Even if Ford starts producing them all as 22s in June some of the features would still be late availability. That's why some are getting pushed to 22
And what’s your point?

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big picture...They’re in the business to sell cars. Too much invested to push to 2022. If they decide to call first year models 2022’s, fine! 2021 1/2’s, cool...it’s been done before. Either way, they will be building and selling units by summer this year.
I think that you are on the right path but take a step back and take a bigger picture view.
Ford is first and foremost a business with stock and investors. Investor confidence is king.
The number of investors outnumber the number of reservation holders a great deal.
It is more important to keep the investors confident and the stock prices up.
Demand is high and 125k order brings in around 5Bill gross. Stock will do well.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
PREACH!!!!! Makes no sense.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honest question I hope someone can explain to me...

Im confused about what people mean when they ask this question.

Some people make it sound like they think Ford shouldn’t release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with. Is it that even though they’ll have a Bronco made during MY21 production, they want to call it a MY22?

So my question is:

When people say that Ford should just make all Broncos MY22, what do they mean, and what’s the benefit?
The 21 is a bullshit

Some people make it sound like they think Ford shouldn’t release any Bronco’s until MY22 production... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because if they can sell units to people who want it now, they should.

Some people make it sound like they should just call the Broncos they’re building now MY22... but that doesn’t make any sense to me because it would mean a weird 18 month model year and then they either don’t make improvements in 6 months, or you have a weird mid-year change... in which case you should have just done a short MY21 to begin with. Is it that even though they’ll have a Bronco made during MY21 production, they want to call it a MY22?

So my question is:

When people say that Ford should just make all Broncos MY22, what do they mean, and what’s the benefit?
i don’t know why you’re so against it or can’t comprehend it. You just don’t want me to have a green bronco!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

So my question is:

Selling 22s early is nothing new.

if u insist in roughly 14 months they start selling 23s, whatever blows your skirt up. But keeping this short bastard model year separate from 22 just seems stubborn at this point.

that weasel Levine leaking 22 options long before 21 orders were even submittEd is poor form.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Simple: it pushes everyone back.

The problem is there simply aren't good answers that fit everyone.

I'm not thrilled with how things have gone, but I'd hate for the to push everyone back another 7-9 months.

If you mean just calling them all a MY22, I don't see the benefit.
Open them all up and build as available, either way if you have to wait whether you’re waiting on an option you really want, or were late to the party, that makes sense.

creating a divide and causing regret for your first buyersjust makes no sense.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It benefits the folks that are going to keep the vehicle for a short time: resale value only. Those that plan on keeping it for 100-150-200k miles are less incensed about this issue.

To the OP:

Feeling screwed and naive for staying committed to Ford would make me dump my 21 not “flip” it.

more transparency would make me feel like I made the right choice.

some people will get a 2021 in November or December, by that time you should be getting discounts and rebates on a vehicle a month or two away from being outdated.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe some people just have a preconceived notion that when it comes time to sell, they'll get more value out of a "MY22" vs a "MY21".

Silly if you ask me, as I plan on running this Bronco into the ground or blow it up in the process so they'll be nothing to sell at the end of the day 🤣🔥💣💥
So, 80kmikes?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
“Why did you advertise 2021 models but change them all 2022?”
“Covid”.
Easy.

“why did you settle for an abortion of a compromised 2021 unit?”
“Ford tied my hands.”

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I don't want a 22 if they can deliver them in 21. I want a 1964 1/2, and if I have to wait for 22MY, I'm out completely.
Even if you got a “2021” or “2022” on the same day with no delay? Bananas

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan on running this Bronco into the ground or blow it up in the process so they'll be nothing to sell at the end of the day 🤣🔥💣💥
They will get more on resale with less miles and miles per vehicles year.

The big difference is how long you intend to keep it vs how long they intend to keep theirs. Both ideas are legitimate - the two sides should understand the training of the other.

Typical society now though - always have to be right, all the time.
Sponsored