Sponsored

Why its worth the upgrade from BD to BL (maybe)

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure we've done this before, but I needed to think about something other than gas prices, mpg, Webasto, etc...
This post is my opinion, why it's worth it to order a Badlands over a Black Diamond...IF you are upgrading the wheels and tires anyways.
All of these numbers are invoice pricing for a 2 door.
Black Diamond with adv. 4x4 - 37095
Automatic, 2.7L - 1781
Mid Package - 1405
Black Aluminum wheels - 935
+ 5 33" tires @$250 $42,466

Badlands with adv. 4x4 - 40621
Automatic, 2.7L - 3280
Mid Package - 1405
$45,306

We know the tangible value of the signature lights, $747. If you subtract this from the Badlands price, the difference in cost is $2,093. Which is what you are paying to have the upgraded front axle, front lockers, sway bar disconnect, and the upgraded suspension with Bilstein dampeners. The difference in interior decor is subjective, so I'm not factoring that in.

When the 2022 order banks open up, I'm changing mine to a Badlands.

EDIT: I just noticed my error. I added the charge for automatic to the Black Diamond, when it was already baked into the base price. The above numbers have been edited to reflect the correction.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’ve done your homework. BL is a better deal

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Base BL better all around than BD built. The real issue is getting the offroad 360 stuff in the high package, that was the deal breaker for me mostly, other then getting the M210s and disco. Yeah you can go Sas on BD get everything but the disco but then your are basically at the price point of BL.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, I originally reserved a BD on reservation day, but changed to a BL for how I see myself using my Bronco in the long run. I wanted the heavier axle, lower gears, front locker, and integrated swaybar disconnect. Eventually, the Bronco will be a toy, likely replacing my 53 year old FJ40 someday. Buy once, cry once.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the exact same situation I'm in.

Here's my math for a 4 door.

$47,475 BD Hardtop, Auto 2.7, Mid, towing, Adv 4x4, destination
$2,250 Aftermarket Rims & Tires
$49,725 Total

$52,725 BL Hardtop, Auto 2.7, Mid, towing, Adv 4x4, destination

Difference is $3,000

If ANY adjustments are needed to put on the bigger tires then this becomes more of a sure thing to upgrade to BL. I'm in a 2022 so I'm in a little bit of a wait & see mode. I know someone will get an early BD and post on here about wheel upgrades. If it's truly an easy swap out then I might stay. If extra lifts or crash bar modification is needed, then I'm going to just go with the BL and have it done right from the factory.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is all assuming 33 BFGs are really an upgrade :ROFLMAO: Honestly the Goodyears are a bit too tame also. I only ever compare sas BD to BL. I am weighing this out myself. Really I think its going to come down to the fact that my brothers company designed the shocks and sway bar disco.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the interior on BD more along with grille and non signature lights so we opted for a 4 door Sas BD. I was thinking I did a number crunch with same specced Badlands without Sas and taking in SAC below invoice discounting with the BD being a couple grand less even with Sasquatch.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like your detailed breakdown. The part I love most about the BD is the interior and the fact that the headlights don't have the fancy look. I wish I could plug those parts into the Badlands.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Badlands with adv. 4x4 - 40621
Automatic, 2.7L - 3280
Mid Package - 1405
$45,306
Interesting, when using the B&P on this build the MSRP is $49,220 including delivery (2-door. Thankfully you didn't state how many doors, so the info is nebulous anyway).

That being said, there's a great savings in sticking with 2.3/MT, 2-door Badlands. It's a compelling package at $42K.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Mid pack is good for you and you don't need the disconnet or want to go to higher packages, BD is more than $3,000 cheaper. I really can't seeing getting a BL without going up to at least the High pack and then you are closing in $5,000 more for BL. Just depends on what you are doing.

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slieve League NI, awesome hike
I'm currently working my way through several hiking challenges within the Adirondack Mountains. I doubt I'll ever hike in Ireland. Man, there sure are some beautiful places on this planet.

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, when using the B&P on this build the MSRP is $49,220 including delivery (2-door. Thankfully you didn't state how many doors, so the info is nebulous anyway).

That being said, there's a great savings in sticking with 2.3/MT, 2-door Badlands. It's a compelling package at $42K.
Actually, my Original Post included THIS:

All of these numbers are invoice pricing for a 2 door.

Secondly, I left off the delivery fee of $1495, because it is applied to every vehicle. Comparing 2 vehicles without this charge leaves the same difference between the two.

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model