Sponsored

Why no “Bikini” tops yet? All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anywho... I posted this in a separate thread and the marked it as group buy.

Not a group buy just offering up if anyone else wants one, as i'm having the guy that built mine make 3 more for some folks on the forum.

(Admin, please contact me if i am doing something wrong here, just trying to share the love to all)

Hey all, i had a custom canvas bimini top made for my 4-door hard top.
It is bolt mounted at front, and does not have that monster gap like others do.

There are complaints about the Ford Canvas Bimini which is made by BestTop, which also has a metal bar going accross it and is $389 , yikes!!

Here is a video of me going 60MPH with it, it doesnt flap like the others and wind noise is normal
There is NO metal bar necessary to support it. It's simple and it functions!

Highway test:

(slightly flapping at back as i have bungees there and need to switch out to clips)

Install video:

Anywho, I am going to have the shop make a few more as people have shown interest.
So far i have (3) confirmed. Wanted to share my good fortune with what I had made with all.
Also going to have him make the 2.0 version 2" longer at back so less of a gap, as i like clean looks.

Cost will be $200 or less + ship

Please PM me if interested.

NOTE for 4-door only. If someone in the Boise, ID area has a 2-door I can ask shop to make one.

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. canvas1
Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. canvas2

-Dan
Sponsored

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i think the mounting system at front is different than on bronco.
On jeeps you have a gap between top edge and windsheild where you can pull a bikini top all the way forward, bronco's do not have that. See picture, where I drew the arrow, you can slide a strap to go around the front roll
I'm sure it's possible but someone will have to manufacture some sort of front bracket to make it work. And i'm sure that will make the price ~ $500
If you look at how the Bestop Trektop (and I assume factory soft top) attaches (and this was similar to my jeeps), there are latches built into the header to which the soft top is permanently affixed. This is the sort of thing I imagine would be required -- not the old fashioned slide through window channel that screws into front of the windshield (EB-style) or inside of the windshield (TJ-style) -- but a full on soft-type-like front mounting system. Looking over the Trektop install instructions I sort of like how they added these rails to tuck the soft top under. This functions very similarly to the detachable "door surrounds" that older jeep wranglers had. I don't think it would be cheap either , but I do think there'd be a market for something like this. Overall I like the Trektop in "safari mode" (if you will), but not the way the rear is supported with bows. Looks like a pop-up canopy.

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. 1665602416581

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I really don't like the mullet look of the back of the trek top. I appreciate all of the answers here. I've never owned a wrangler, so I was really curious about how/if they were different and how that would affect bikini top design.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Woohoo, i got the 5 canvas tops back from the shop. (still 2 available)

Install video with 60Mph test drive at the end of the video:

Last edited:

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know its a bit more than you're looking for overall, but the CJ Pony Parts Trektop is pretty great. I'd consider buying just the long topper, and wish something like that was a available, maybe that'd be the 1-piece to the bikini you're looking for? ;)

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. 1668468530084

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

skithebadlands

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340, manual, AWE exhaust, MHD tune
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously why no solid option for those sudden thunder storms? What am I missing?
I want the same thing. Been looking for 18 months. Haven't found anything that comes close. Jtops with the right material that was somehow extended past the trunk door to the spare tire would be excellent except for the fact that it isn't a quick install. I want something that would take 1-3 minutes to install. If you find what we are looking for please post.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the same thing. Been looking for 18 months. Haven't found anything that comes close. Jtops with the right material that was somehow extended past the trunk door to the spare tire would be excellent except for the fact that it isn't a quick install. I want something that would take 1-3 minutes to install. If you find what we are looking for please post.
here ya go !

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also working on this prototype...

think.... quick emergency, cannot drive with it, something you throw up when you get to camp, full water sealed, but you can still access doors.

obviously not Tyvek, but that is what i'm making template out of... then quick bungees to mirror, rear tire, bumper and around wheel.

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. 1678118122286
Sponsored