Sponsored

Why no “Bikini” tops yet? All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops.

OP
OP
wkaotp

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get the washout floors?

Did you get caught in one of the rain showers today?
i do have MGV and wash out floors. Didn’t get “caught” in the rain, but I did watch it pour for 15 min and watched my girl get a desperately needed bath I guess.

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seriously why no solid option for those sudden thunder storms? What am I missing?
just to be clear you don’t want the removable panel replacement like the Bestop Sunrider or a mesh Bimini that is really only a sunshade like the Bestop Mesh Safari Bimini or the JTops Bronco Shades, but like the older style non-mesh canvas/twill/vinyl bimini?

JTops seem like they would be the type of company to order the solid material and sew it up for you. If you you can’t find anything else just visit them at www.broncosunshades.com and drop them a line.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestop makes both a Bimini Mesh, and a solid Bimini Canvas. Unless I'm missing a difference here?

Sponsored
OP
OP
wkaotp

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bestop makes both a Bimini Mesh, and a solid Bimini Canvas. Unless I'm missing a difference here?
Bestop only has mesh options for Bronco. Wranglers have both options. 😞

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bestop only has mesh options for Bronco. Wranglers have both options. 😞
No, look at the link above this post. I'm positive because there were multiple forum threads by folks who wanted the mesh but didn't realize they picked the canvas one. It may only be available through Ford accessories.

That being said, its still a crap design :) I just removed my Bimini Mesh for a Jtopsusa mesh, world of difference.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Because mesh or topless is better?

On a serious note, I’d like to see a frameless top like the Smittybilt Bowless Combo Soft Top for the JK. You can run it like a bimini with the windows stored in the top, and put the windows on when it rains (or coming back from the beach or trail on the highway).

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's been addressed by a couple of manufacturers in other threads (I had the same question) and the explanation is that a solid top "balloons" too much to use on the Bronco do to airflow. There is a big "low pressure" area above the roof once you reach a certain speed. I had a similar problem on my LJ, generally using it when I knew my speeds would be under 60MPH.

Sponsored

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, look at the link above this post. I'm positive because there were multiple forum threads by folks who wanted the mesh but didn't realize they picked the canvas one. It may only be available through Ford accessories.

That being said, its still a crap design :) I just removed my Bimini Mesh for a Jtopsusa mesh, world of difference.
From what little I've read it sounds like the canvas biminis suffer from the same design issues the mesh ones do. It seems like the design and quality of the jtop biminis have been a lot better than the other vendors out there. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution, but it sounds like they have their hands full with mesh top orders at the moment.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford accessories sells a canvas shade top that Best Top manufacturers. These tops ,either mesh or canvas are for shade and are not weather prevention tops. The canvas o e, which is on my 2D BL covers 95% of the top, but it does not totally cover.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously why no solid option for those sudden thunder storms? What am I missing?
Ditto, it's the one thing I need in the Bronco that the JL has. It's almost a must have for me based on how I go no top in the summer.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford accessories sells a canvas shade top that Best Top manufacturers. These tops ,either mesh or canvas are for shade and are not weather prevention tops. The canvas o e, which is on my 2D BL covers 95% of the top, but it does not totally cover.
So, there's gaps on the side and front, but for the most part if you were driving in a rainstorm, I take it you would be ok (i.e. not miserable).

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, there's gaps on the side and front, but for the most part if you were driving in a rainstorm, I take it you would be ok (i.e. not miserable).
I wouldn’t go that far. The front of the shade top uses the connections for the hard top. There is about an inch of an opening. I would think if it was raining hard enough and one was driving a noticeable, if not substantial amount of rain would be recognized by the occupants. A slight drizzle, you may be fine. Simply put, if I suspect rain, I don’t take the Bronco since my MIC is off and the shade top is on.
Sponsored