Sponsored

Why no “Bikini” tops yet? All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t go that far. The front of the shade top uses the connections for the hard top. There is about an inch of an opening. I would think if it was raining hard enough and one was driving a noticeable, if not substantial amount of rain would be recognized by the occupants. A slight drizzle, you may be fine. Simply put, if I suspect rain, I don’t take the Bronco since my MIC is off and the shade top is on.
Yeah, ok, occupants are typically just me, and it will have MGV. For instance, I got caught today in a major t-storm with no doors and just the bikini top on my JL. I got a little wet, but for most part good to go. That's an issue long term. I don't want to deal with a soft top, and having the hard top on all summer is kinda pointless.
Sponsored

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously why no solid option for those sudden thunder storms? What am I missing?
I have the canvas / non-mesh Ford top for a 2 door available. Unused never installed. Make me an offer….anyone that wants it. I’m in Virginia.

BJWAHOO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK. This may be a dumb question (if you have to say that, you know the answer): Do any of these allow you put the hardtop roof panels back on with the bimini installed? Or is it remove panels, install bimini when you want to use it, and then remove when you are done?

Thanks in advance.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK. This may be a dumb question (if you have to say that, you know the answer): Do any of these allow you put the roof panels back on with the bimini installed? Or is it remove panels, install bimini when you want to use it, and then remove when you are done?
I have the ford canvas bimini and the hard top can be placed back on top of it. That’s my plan. There are zippers to access the panel locks.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A solid top would be a huge pain in the ass at highway speeds since it would be loud as ever and honestly probably rip the top up.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK. This may be a dumb question (if you have to say that, you know the answer): Do any of these allow you put the hardtop roof panels back on with the bimini installed? Or is it remove panels, install bimini when you want to use it, and then remove when you are done?

Thanks in advance.
JTop is making or has one available for the hard top you don’t have to remove to reinstall the top. I love mine but I have a soft top

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what little I've read it sounds like the canvas biminis suffer from the same design issues the mesh ones do. It seems like the design and quality of the jtop biminis have been a lot better than the other vendors out there. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution, but it sounds like they have their hands full with mesh top orders at the moment.

I had one custom made, by the guys that custom make covers for river jet boats and other boat all weather covers. It is stellar! Waterproof, doesnt flap, and will likely last forever.

He said he would make more if people are interested. $200

Here are my pics, i need to take it on the highway and take of video of how stable it is too

I guess PM me if interested, and I can see if he can make a batch

Oh and it's quick bolt mounted at the front, so NO monster gap like the others have, which I hated as the sun is all over your face as the driver/passenger.

Highway test:

(slightly flapping at back as i have bungees there and need to switch out to clips)

Install video:

(showing the bungee in back i need to swap out to straps with clips)

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. IMG_5253.JPG
Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. IMG_5252.JPG

Last edited:

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had one custom made, by the guys that custom make covers for river jet boats and other boat all weather covers. It is stellar! Waterproof, doesnt flap, and will likely last forever.

He said he would make more if people are interested. $200

Here are my pics, i need to take it on the highway and take of video of how stable it is too

I guess PM me if interested, and I can see if he can make a batch

Oh and it's quick bolt mounted at the front, so NO monster gap like the others have, which I hated as the sun is all over your face as the driver/passenger.

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. IMG_5252.JPG
PMed

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see if we can get a few more folks interested, as the shop guy who made mine, took about 5 weeks to make mine, as it was way way low priority. But in talking with him if we have a bulk order it will get done right away.

I'll also take super close up pictures and a video if i can the next day or two

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it easy to take on and off? I don’t like to keep the bimini on with the hard top and I want to ride sometimes without a bimini top, or hard top.
If it is easily removable I am interested ( I have a 2-door)

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it easy to take on and off? I don’t like to keep the bimini on with the hard top and I want to ride sometimes without a bimini top, or hard top.
If it is easily removable I am interested ( I have a 2-door)
Yes, easy on/off as its all bungee and the 2 factory bolts at front. All other mount points are finger screws, zoom in on posted pics please.
You'll have to take off for front hard top installation

However this is 4-door only as it was modeled on my 4-door. If we had 2 door we could make one, but dont gotz :(

The reason no one makes these is that the canvas flaps in the wind so the big mfgr's have figured out how to not donthis, but this design doesnt flap.

If you looks at other designs they have a metal insert (besttop) and others are so light and flimsy they flap like hell.

ill post a video when its daylight

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think some of the folks who replied have ever used a bikini top on a vehicle before according to the speculation I read here. I had a bikini top on my 74 Bronco that has since been replaced by a bestop soft top. The bikini top connected securely to the windshield frame and it was helpful if we got a sudden downpour. Of course, I have no doors, but at least the entire interior wasn't underwater. No, it doesn't rip off when driving. Not sure why anyone would think that :unsure:.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think some of the folks who replied have ever used a bikini top on a vehicle before according to the speculation I read here. I had a bikini top on my 74 Bronco that has since been replaced by a bestop soft top. The bikini top connected securely to the windshield frame and it was helpful if we got a sudden downpour. Of course, I have no doors, but at least the entire interior wasn't underwater. No, it doesn't rip off when driving. Not sure why anyone would think that :unsure:.
The current ones out there do not mount to the frame. They are suspended at the front, and set back about 4-5 inches, thus grab the wind.

See this picture below for the gap. And being canvas and not mesh, they have more resistance, thus becomes a sail. It's not good, trust me, I had one and quickly sent it back after my wife and I were on the highway and holding it for dear life as it was about to shred in the wind.

Check out the GAP in below picture

and for the Ford Canvas Bimini top (BestTop made) read the reviews here, they are horrible
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-canvas-bimini-top-installed-quick-look.28379/
And it's $389 !!!!
And has a metal cross-bar...(how are you supposed to fold and store the thing?)

I'm just trying to help everyone out here as i've been there/done that...
Offering up what i had custom designed and built for $200 that works, instead of the Ford $400. :)

Also check out my ceiling hardtop hoist and rail system:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ley-150-for-manual-or-200-for-electric.51708/

Ford Bronco Why no “Bikini” tops yet?  All we have is mesh “Bimini” tops. Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 6.11.04 AM

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, easy on/off as its all bungee and the 2 factory bolts at front. All other mount points are finger screws, zoom in on posted pics please.
You'll have to take off for front hard top installation

However this is 4-door only as it was modeled on my 4-door. If we had 2 door we could make one, but dont gotz :(

The reason no one makes these is that the canvas flaps in the wind so the big mfgr's have figured out how to not donthis, but this design doesnt flap.

If you looks at other designs they have a metal insert (besttop) and others are so light and flimsy they flap like hell.

ill post a video when its daylight
I would be in for a 2 door version as well. Would be nice if there was someone near you with a 2 door that could use there's for fitting.
Sponsored