Sponsored

Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was genuinely curious regarding the difference between AT and MT if you know. I will spend the large majority of my driving on the street and would prefer a better ride while maintaining a 35.
I have absolutely no experience driving a vehicle with Mud Terrain treads, but my perception based upon what others say and have experience is that they are noisy and may humm on the freeway. Been there done that with humming AT tires before they finally designed an AT tread that eliminated that noise. Others have also said that a 33 in tire does ride a bit better than a 35.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
in looking at the pics posted these MTs do NOT look very MTish. In other words, I don't think they will behave like most MTs which you said are loud and have bad on road manners.

We will find out soon enough

I have absolutely no experience driving a vehicle with Mud Terrain treads, but my perception based upon what others say and have experience is that they are noisy and may humm on the freeway. Been there done that with humming AT tires before they finally designed an AT tread that eliminated that noise. Others have also said that a 33 in tire does ride a bit better than a 35.

TacoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma DCLB + 2015 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree about the swapping out of wheels - almost always a better option than the factory offerings. I'm a big fan of going with lightweight wheels and tires when possible. These 285's with after market wheels (custom, non-Toyota made TRD cap) are all together lighter weight than the 265's and stock wheels that came on the truck. In fact I think I am going to use these same wheels on my Bronco!

tac1.JPG

tac2.JPG

tac3.JPG

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly if you want a bad ass trail rig for the NW, ole Sassy's home. Then, 35's are over compensating for driving ability. 33's will roll through over and through everything. If your more old school and don't care about the looks then tall skinnies are where its at!!! They may drive a bit slower but they always get you home.
Amen, Just found 255 85 16 Cooper ST Maxx's on 1010tire.com. Perfect 33 for my base order on the stock steelies!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I posted my config wish list has a 33" Sasquatch Package. solves my selection issues a whole lot.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Amen, Just found 255 85 16 Cooper ST Maxx's on 1010tire.com. Perfect 33 for my base order on the stock steelies!
Also considering base, wonder how they will look on the narrow wheels, as far as offset and how tucked in they will be.

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am hoping when the official specs are released later this month there will be a option I can live with. Though if nothing changes I won't be getting a Bronco. I don't think asking for 33's front and rear lockers, and sport mode is asking to much. But if I can't get that I will pass and see what happens in 2022

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its the market segmentation. Its a baja runner type package, think Raptor. This is also an offroad vehicle. The trend in off road vehicles is the larger the tires the more desirable. Thats the current market. Its why most people on here are getting the Sasquatch option. You would be a vanishingly small minority of WildTrak buyers who would go down in size. Its not something wanted other than by you.
I’m all in on 33s!

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
well folks, this tread really doesn't matter anymore, since I can't get a Bronco the way I want, I am bailing.
I am a pissed at Ford, The Bronco could have been bad ass and a game changer, but Ford decided to get cute offering 6 cute sounding models instead of doing things right, and letting us make it the way we want. There should be less Models, with more flexibility in options

I am a Ford guy and I am negotiating a deal for a GT500 but ford if your listening you Fucked up this Bronco

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you all had so much fun insulting me in my other post I will just ask this, why no 33 tire option in any other model other that the Badlands. I would like a 33 tire option in the Wildtrak
The Badlands has an extra 1.2" lift that the others do not have. Additionally, if you order a Sasquatch, there is an additional 2" lift to ALL models, that can then handle either 33" or 35" tires.

So, just pay a little extra to get the 2" lift, if you don't want a Badlands.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well folks, this tread really doesn't matter anymore, since I can't get a Bronco the way I want, I am bailing.
I am a pissed at Ford, The Bronco could have been bad ass and a game changer, but Ford decided to get cute offering 6 cute sounding models instead of doing things right, and letting us make it the way we want. There should be less Models, with more flexibility in options

I am a Ford guy and I am negotiating a deal for a GT500 but ford if your listening you Fucked up this Bronco
Ummm, with 6 models, you would think there would be at least one that you could option out to be the way that you want it. BTW, aren't there 11 models of the Jeep Wrangler? Surely one of these (17 total) would be right for you!!!

OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would have gone badlands, but it has no sport mode. I won't buy it without sport mode

It's OK this has Sport mode

gt500A.jpg

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have gone badlands, but it has no sport mode. I won't buy it without sport mode

It's OK this has Sport mode

Ford Bronco Why no 33's on any trim besides badlands? gt500A
Everyone is posting that the Badlands comes with a Baja Mode... which is Sport Mode on steroids.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone is posting that the Badlands comes with a Baja Mode... which is Sport Mode on steroids.
hearing the same thing that the Baja on the Raptor is everyone’s favorite mode. I’m just curious with all the heavy steel plates and bumpers, how effective it’ll work on the badlands, even with the 2.7L.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What was your reservation date?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.