Sponsored

Why no factory soft top for Bronco Raptor?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The softtop has mechanical flaws for sure. I'm hoping for a recall and an updated version of it. The fabric is super stretched out on mine at 5k miles. Flaps and rattles plus with a widewind at highway speeds you can see daylight the sides lift up so much.
Dang, sorry to hear that. I don't have those issues, but I know a few do have issues. I haven't heard about the fabric stretching out yet though...
Yes, sidewind and any strong headwind I get a loud high pitched whistle, but it doesn't lift the top at all. I'm also over 5k.
Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would be happy to swap with you when yours comes in! Even trade 😀

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally ordered a WT with hard top not even thinking that I'd want the soft top. After using the soft top for 6 months, I have no interest in a hard top. I pulled the back windows 3 months ago so now I open and close the ST daily in 12 seconds. It's become my favorite part of the Bronco - aside from the manual trans (another no go option in Raptor) - so the fact that soft top isn't available on the Raptor is crazy and shortsighted. Notions that the ST isn't available on Raptor because it's low-end are silly...

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

pure conjecture in my part, but…

I have to wonder if extra cross bracing on the Raptor interferes with the Installation/operation of the soft top. Otherwise why wouldn’t they offer a two top option?

Sponsored

Mcurtis137

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow…looks great! First time I’ve seen a Braptor with the softop

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really think there was a safety concern in the developmental stage when the hardtop was made mandatory. Ford knows the BRaptor's was going to be used excessively off-road. Climbing and what not, if roll over occurred, you know how it goes. It is all aspects all vehicles are pavement first vehicle. But with this type of vehicle extremes will be pushed past its limits guaranteed!

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, you can spend 90k on a jeep 392 and get dual tops..... whats the point of having a pop top if you need three people and a heard of elephants to remove it AND if it does rain you get whet because your top is at home in the garage.......

It looks like JEEP has it all over the bronco when it comes to top options. Maybe Best top will get it right....
Base or Raptor 35 or 80 it's a bronco. Bronco is ford's jeep so all of them should have soft tops. Based on some of the answers i guess people don't understand that.

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Raptor is the top of the line Bronco, and soft top is not top of the line.
With a vehicle designed and marketed to have the top down and doors off why would you say that. Seems like a silly statement to me

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

pure conjecture in my part, but…

I have to wonder if extra cross bracing on the Raptor interferes with the Installation/operation of the soft top. Otherwise why wouldn’t they offer a two top option?
Agree, the only reason I can think of given all the supply constraints is that so many Raptor buyers would spring for the dual tops that it would basically eliminate 2k other vehicles that they could complete each year that would be soft tops only.

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With a vehicle designed and marketed to have the top down and doors off why would you say that. Seems like a silly statement to me
Well, the doors and roof come off regardless of whether or not said roof is soft top or hard top. The hard top is also quieter, less drafty and makes it easier to keep the interior cool/warm... How silly...

And, while I realize that it is purely subjective, the soft top looks like crap.
Sponsored