Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the reason many of us are looking for a Ford Performance Pack for the Bronco is that the vehicle is still covered under warranty. Yes, compared to Livernois, Cobb, and others--Ford Performance may be a little on the low side from a power standpoint which is why they can offer the warranty. (and the fine print does say when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician)

Yeah, I am happy to wait. Like you I am impressed by the "get up and go" of the 2.3 engine. I did just replace the intake with a K&N which did help...at least my butt dyno says so. However, if I can get 375 to 385TQ out of this engine and still have the warranty....I might just do it. ;-)
Same. Love the pickup on the 2.3. But I will buy the tune immediately if/when it comes out. I run premium anyways, so no worries there.
Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Still no information on the Ford Performance tune. Maybe it's not going to happen for the Bronco.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still no information on the Ford Performance tune. Maybe it's not going to happen for the Bronco.
Shame, Ive turned around on my views and would like one

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think a tune is ever coming
I talked to a ford performance rep at the Bronco Takeover at Michigans Silver Lake sand dunes a few weekends ago and he confirmed a tune for the 2.3 is 100% real. He said they haven’t been given the ok to release it yet, but it’s out there. Also said it comes with automatic rev matching and really wakes up the little 4 banger

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this actually going to happen? I'm ready to buy and have it installed as soon as it is supposedly available, but Ford hasn't given any updates. IDK why the ranger 2.3 tune has been out so long, but for some reason a bronco tune is in absentia. I'm just not interested in aftermarket tunes at this time, as a Ford tune keeps factory warranty.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s my understanding that technically the FP tune reduces powertrain warranty coverage to 3/36 but that would only matter if a mechanical failure was determined to be caused by the FP tune. If your motor blows with the tune within 3 years, Ford may deny coverage, but Ford Performance will pick up the tab. After 3 years, you may be SOL and have to pay for the repair yourself if the damage is determined to be caused by the FP tune.

I‘m still doing a tune. I’ve heard the FP tunes are very reliable and have had 3 modifed Subaru STis since 2007 so I’m ok with some risk. I also think my 2 door 7mt would be perfect powerwise with another 50 hp and even more torque.

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fingers crossed. I'd like to go with the Ford one too. I'd love to see a 50hp/50tq increase, but I'll be surprised if it is more than 30hp/30tq

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Source?

It’s my understanding that technically the FP tune reduces powertrain warranty coverage to 3/36 but that would only matter if a mechanical failure was determined to be caused by the FP tune. If your motor blows with the tune within 3 years, Ford may deny coverage, but Ford Performance will pick up the tab. After 3 years, you may be SOL and have to pay for the repair yourself if the damage is determined to be caused by the FP tune.

I‘m still doing a tune. I’ve heard the FP tunes are very reliable and have had 3 modifed Subaru STis since 2007 so I’m ok with some risk. I also think my 2 door 7mt would be perfect powerwise with another 50 hp and even more torque.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fingers crossed. I'd like to go with the Ford one too. I'd love to see a 50hp/50tq increase, but I'll be surprised if it is more than 30hp/30tq
Given that Ford's charts for the Ranger compare to stock using 87 octane, I think you're right. With Ford's numbers for the 2.3 using regular fuel, (275/315), the Ford tune advertises gains of +45hp/+60lb-ft over stock using regular fuel. The 2.3 with premium is 300/325. So if you're already using premium, seems like it would be roughly to 20hp/50lb-ft. Of course that's assuming that peak gains are at the peak of the power/torque curve.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Source is Ford:

Performance Packs and Component Parts
Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or endorsed by the Red Seal Program (RSE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Ford Performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The scorcher module by AFe doesn’t leave a footprint on the computer and is easily removable with 3 simple connections. I take mine off before going in for a oil change.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The scorcher module by AFe doesn’t leave a footprint on the computer and is easily removable with 3 simple connections. I take mine off before going in for a oil change.
So if this changes the tuning at all, ford's computer system will have a different number than stock on the ECU. Id be curious for someone that has access to Ford systems to run a check and compare it to stock to see if this actually is non footprint leaving.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if this changes the tuning at all, ford's computer system will have a different number than stock on the ECU. Id be curious for someone that has access to Ford systems to run a check and compare it to stock to see if this actually is non footprint leaving.
It’s called a piggy back tuner for a reason. It just gives different/adjusted sensor information to the ecu. Nothing is flashed like some tuners do.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe the tune would add both, if not why would anyone buy it

does anyone make a tune that doesn’t add either?
There are some small turbo tunes that add a bunch of low end torque but very little top end HP. If it's a small turbo there are just limits to what it can flow.

Area under the curve still makes you faster though.
Sponsored