Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can definitely buy it as a part and the standard warranty. They have been parading around 4 door Sasquatch broncos with roof racks then now say you can't. I still feel this is wrong, but at least we can do it ourselves.
I hope so. I would like confirmation on that process. Seems to be a lot of things we can’t get installed at delivery (which is fine). If I have to purchase and install myself that’s fine. I want to know if that’s a conversation I have with my dealer at time of order or...?
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have a whole other thread on the roof rack woes.

We can only speculate as to why right now based on limited info and educated guesses. We won't know anymore than you do until Ford tells us.

Of course you can do it yourself. But like others said, you need to accept the risks (if we find out there really is one to begin with)

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have a whole other thread on the roof rack woes.

We can only speculate as to why right now based on limited info and educated guesses. We won't know anymore than you do until Ford tells us.

Of course you can do it yourself. But like others said, you need to accept the risks (if we find out there really is one to begin with)
Yep and would love to know why its OK on a 4 door Jeep with large tires but not a Bronco?

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I simply don’t understand why 2.7 and 4door can’t do additional soundproofing, ppf and/rack. None of those should be limited by gvwr. If the truck is that close to the limit, it will have to come with a sticker saying no passengers over 200lbs. Still holding out hope this is a b&p issue that will be worked out and not a technical restriction.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I simply don’t understand why 2.7 and 4door can’t do additional soundproofing, ppf and/rack. None of those should be limited by gvwr. If the truck is that close to the limit, it will have to come with a sticker saying no passengers over 200lbs. Still holding out hope this is a b&p issue that will be worked out and not a technical restriction.
As mentioned elsewhere, the sound deadening is likely a bug as the FE comes with it despite being 4 door/35s

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep and would love to know why its OK on a 4 door Jeep with large tires but not a Bronco?
To be fair, the biggest factory tires on a jeep are only 33s, not 35s.

A Jeep JLU Rubicon is 4500 lbs with a 5800lb GVWR according to the Google.

A 4 door Sasquatch Bronco is 5300 lbs with a yet unprovided GVWR, at least that I've seen.

Again this could all be meaningless. Ford hasn't told us yet. We could wake up tomorrow morning to roof rails galore

And by the way folks, go B&P a Wrangler. No roof racks in their B&P.... yet tons of people have roof racks? Wild.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

A 4 door Sasquatch Bronco is 5300 lbs with a yet unprovided GVWR, at least that I've seen.

Again this could all be meaningless. Ford hasn't told us yet.

And by the way folks, go B&P a Wrangler. No roof racks in their B&P.... yet tons of people have roof racks? Wild.
That is one hell of a weight difference. Where is Ford adding the extra weight?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is one hell of a weight difference. Where is Ford adding the extra weight?
The Bronco is a more complex vehicle as well as slightly bigger according to some people who have seen it in purpose.

Bigger tires, more technology, safer. I don't think a Rubicon even has powered seats.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Again this could all be meaningless. Ford hasn't told us yet. We could wake up tomorrow morning to roof rails galore.

Yah, would think the same GVWR rules would apply to aftermarket installations as well and have never heard anyone with a Jeep every say they were warned about not meeting GVWR rules.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yah, would think the same GVWR rules would apply to aftermarket installations as well and have never heard anyone with a Jeep every say they were warned about not meeting GVWR rules.
The rules do apply, and I've also never heard of them being enforced. Plenty of jeeps out there rolling on Dana 60/80s with 40s over their GVWR just sitting there empty.

Sponsored

MrBill

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev Volt, Chev C3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rails themselves aren't the weight. It is their capacity to hold the additional weight.
So you can’t put 40lbs on the roof but it’s ok to put 300 in the very back. Makes no sense, I believe it’s a glitch in b&p.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
on a BL the vehicle is pretty much Squach anyways... the only difference is a longer shock (i believe,) bump stops, wider fender flares and larger tires).... not that much weight in the general scheme of things...

Last edited:

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First edition gets sound deadening included by default, how come badlands cant get that? Thats BS!

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing, i am not doing squatch, no tow package, no lux, only high.....cant get roof rails and sound deadening........lol
Sponsored