Why no Roof Rack w/ Badlands and 2.7L

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
You're saying I can't get a Badlands non-Sasquatch with a roof rack because of GVWR, but I can still upsize to Sasquatch (without a rack) despite GVWR?
Same thing, i am not doing squatch, no tow package, no lux, only high.....cant get roof rails and sound deadening........lol

Advertisement

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
I simply don’t understand why 2.7 and 4door can’t do additional soundproofing, ppf and/rack. None of those should be limited by gvwr. If the truck is that close to the limit, it will have to come with a sticker saying no passengers over 200lbs. Still holding out hope this is a b&p issue that will be worked out and not a technical restriction.
especially ppf and soundproofing. Both can be optioned on wildtrak which has sasquatch and if optioned, heavy bash plates. Has to be a glitch.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Just order Sasq, 2.7, MIC with bikini top, and you can have it. ( I think. ) - Too many threads, sorry if this has been answered/disproven.

bronco roof rack.JPG
Bimini not bikini

Talk about a glitch though. In the past clicking bimini on FE always resulted in an infinite loading wheel for me. Now clicking bimini adds roof rails. C'mon Ford Rockstars🤣

Screenshot_20201025-153523_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Just order Sasq, 2.7, MIC with bikini top, and you can have it. ( I think. ) - Too many threads, sorry if this has been answered/disproven.

bronco roof rack.JPG
How did you get it to add a roof rack with the Squatch? Nevermind, I see you added the Bimini and the picture shows roof racks lol! Nice QA on the website design Ford. Back to believing the GVWR thing is bullshit lol.

72malibu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Malibu 5 Spd 406
How did you get it to add a roof rack with the Squatch? Nevermind, I see you added the Bimini and the picture shows roof racks lol! Nice QA on the website design Ford. Back to believing the GVWR thing is bullshit lol.
Of course it's BS. The build and price is a farce.

72malibu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Malibu 5 Spd 406
Not a farce, but lot of bugs
Don't forget it's missing 200 accessories, none of which you can actually buy because it will exceed GVWR, lol. Listening Ford?

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r
B&P currently broken. it also disallows the 2.7L with PPF protective film which must contribute 8 ounces to the total GWVR

i think they're still using the database approved on release day (13 July 2020).
it must have already updated to allow for mansquatch and other things since that date

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Vehicle Showcase
8805C58F-DA35-4947-AB2D-3BD6BEF2E023.jpeg

Yes, it doesn’t make any sense. Hopefully once we get into the business week, somebody can answer why a vehicle that was so hyped with marketing on the pre-release about the capabilities, won’t allow roof rails to be added? There are no rack options that show up on the FE B&P, not even the rear racks.

72malibu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Malibu 5 Spd 406
2.3 solves it all lol
The specially engineered Bronco bolts that hold the roof rack can't handle the insane power of the 2.7. They should have used ARP instead.

Advertisement

Advertisement